Meeting after some time

Andrew Bruke

Andrew packed his trunk ready to leave the castle and go to Mallory's manor. There was time before they would go so he decided to meet Caina and have a chat. He needed his best friend at this time, when he didnt know what to do. He wrote to her asking her to meet him at the cliffs.

He walked out of the Common room and passed the main gates, through the lawn and finally arriving at the cliffs. It was a sunny day without a single cloud in the sky. He sat beside a shady tree as he looked into the valley. He waited for Caina as he threw some rocks into the deep valley.

Caina had completely done awful with her grades this year and really she was just ready to get everything over with. How she wanted to be a fourth year and forget about her mishap with her lack of studying and even trying. Too much confidence that she was smart without trying. "Guess not" She thought shrugging as she sat on her bed petting Lina, her kitten. Thoug ahll of a sudden she recieved an owl from Andrew. "Yes" She said smiling thinking about how long it had been since they talked. He was her best friend and really she missed him.

Getting up out of bed she began to get ready changing out of her sweatshirt and sweatpants that she was lounging out in and changing into a denium skirt with a yellow thin strap tank top. Flipping her hair a few times before she put a small amount of gel in it to keep the curls nice and loose.

Finally she gave Lina little pet before she walked out of the Slytherin dorm and right to the cliffs. It didn't take long to get there but Caina realized that she was arriving after Andrew. "Hey" She said flashing him a smile as she walked in his direction. "Avoiding me much?" She said of coarse joking about it. It was her if anything that had been stuck up in the dorm.

Andrew's face glowed with happiness at the sight of Caina. "Yes, unfortunately I have been avoiding you" he said with a grin. "But when I realised that staying away from my Besty had almost killed me, I sent you an owl" he continued as he motioned her to sit.

"So how have you been lately, I am so sorry for not having met you all this time" he said with an apologic sigh.

Caina looked at Andrew glad that he seemed happy to see her. It was nice that she wasn't the only one that had missed him during the period that they seemed to be doing two different things, apart of coarse. Now that the year had come to an end, hopefully they would reconnect and without a doubt motion to hang out more often.

As Andrew motioned for her to sit. She walked over and sat on the ground not pretzal style like she would have wanted to for the fact she was wearing a skirt. But still in a more comfortable position. "I've been good. I mean relaxing now that everything is over" Caina said letting out a relieved and happy sigh. How she was glad that next year she could start afresh and hopefully counter the awful grades she had managed this year.

Yet as her mind flooded with throughts of grades, Caina pushed them away forcefully. Those weren't the things that this Slytherin wanted to think about at all. "How have you been?" Caina asked wondering what she has missed in Andrew's life from the short period of time that she was nonexistent in it.

"Its a relief that we are done with the exams" he said with a smile. "A lot of things have happened in this short time. Maybe, that's why I couldn't hangout with you"he said with a sad smile. "Zazuka and I broke up" he finally said as all the thoughts about the break up filled his mind again.

Caina nodded with agreement with Andrew. Though she hadn't expected Andrew to give such news. "Oh I'm sorry Andrew" Caina said thinking that Andrew and Zazuka used to be such a cute couple. Caina reached over and gave him a friendly hug. "How are you holding up? What happened?" She asked releasing him from the hug feeling rather bad that she hadn't heard the news of the break up before this time.

Leaning down Caina picked up a small stone and threw it over the cliff. This was probably the perfect place to come after a break up. Though Caina wasn't really sure. She had never been through a breakup or even a realationship, in someways she wished she had, that way she could at least understand what Andrew was going through. Now Caina was just going to have to be as good with this as she could.

"I don't know what happened. It was just..well she thought that we were best friends and she had to move on. I don't know what made her think that but what is more painful is she is hanging out with Brian now" he said as he appriciated Caina's friendly hug.

"But it's true we have to move on with life especially when we have so cool friends" he said grinning at Caina. "Mallory wants you to come over this summer. No, Actually I want your company"he said with a big smile.

Caina flashed Andrew hopefully a comforting smile. How hard was he taking the breakup? Caina really could tell exactly as of now, but she hoped it wasn't tearing her best friend apart. Really Caina could never imagine seeing Andrew sad like that. Though at the sound of this whole breakup situation, Caina guessed that the hurt and sadness would just have to come. Wasn't that what happened after a break up? This Slytherin only knew what she had read in books or seen in muggle movies. Other than that she was guessing.

"Everything will be fine. Afterall Relationships at our age never really last" Caina said not knowing if that fact made things worse or better. She hoped the second of the two. Twisting her hair slightly she couldn't help but be thrilled with the next bit of news that was given. "How on earth can I pass up another break at your house" Caina said happily of coarse accepting the invitation. "It's so much fun going over to your house. Everyone seems to get along" Caina added a smile now on her face.

Looking out over the cliffs for a moment, Caina wondered what her summer would now include. Probably not the fighting that usually occured when she stayed with the Shorts and her own parents. Fun. The thought was odd but she guessed that this summer would actually be fun.

"Is it just me spending the summer?" Caina asked remembering how last time she went to Andrew's house it was with Pez and some other boy that at the moment his name escaped Caina.

"Yeah" he said and then smiled as Caina agreed. "Thanks for saying yes. Yep, only you this time. Jake has to spend time with his family and Pez ..."he broke off remebreing Pez. She had said that her aunt was forcing her to leave school and go back in the muggle world but where did she go. He hadnt met her for days. He just hoped she hadn't left.

His heart ached at the thought of Pez leaving him again. "She has some family problems after her mom passed away"he explained Caina. The sun had begun to set behind the mountains and the scene was beautiful. "Wish had my camera to capture it" he said smiling at the setting sun.

Caina was in a way glad that she was going to be the only one going to Andrew's house. It was just two best friends hanging out. Really it should be so much fun. Though as Andrew broke off with the mention of Pez, Caina felt like she was bringing up a bad topic.

"Oh" Caina said almost sadly not knowing that Pez had even had family problems at all. "Well if you talk to her I hope you let her know I wish her the best" Caina said a bit akwardly. Looking over at the sun set, Caina's face lit up. "That's beautiful" She said Glancing over at Andrew, she smiled even more thinking about how he had to capture every moment with a camera, something that she wished she did more often.

"I wish I could paint" Caina said rather randomly. "I mean like being able to paint moments like this, the sunset" She continued. That was always something Caina wished she could do was paint the perfect moments, the few she experienced and the many more she wished she would.

"I want to see you paint. I am sure we'll be having paint at home. Is there something like wizarding paint?"he asked as he laughed at his own thought."That sounds funny, dosent it. Wizarding paint. It paints as you think, wow you are an artist. I am going to invent that. Like self writing quill, there will be self drawing paint brush"he said grinning.

"Don't your parents want to see you in the holidays. I mean Mal wouldn't let me away for a whole year" he asked her thinking how come Caina's parents were so amaizingly happy with her being at a guy's place whole summer. Not that they had anything betweent them more than friendship but did her parents know that?

Caina shook her head when Andrew said he would like to see her paint. "Art really isn't my thing" Caina said thinking how she loved it with a passion much like music but wasn't good at it in her eyes. In the eyes of others she was probably good, but with her own criticism she was nothing over decent. Though as Andrew talked about wizarding paint, she let out a small laugh. "Well if you ever invent it. I'll call the first one." She said a clear smile on her face. How cool would it be for Andrew to invent something like that. Caina imagined he could do it. He's good like that she thought looking over at Andrew for a moment before looking out over the cliffs pushing some of her hair behind her left ear.

As the topic of Caina's parents came up though she paused for a few minutes without answering. It wasn't like there was a huge family secret about why Caina disliked her parents, she just did. "My family fights a lot. I doubt they even notice I'm gone" She said laughing slightly at the end as if it was a joke but really it was one hundred percent true. During the holidays Caina's mother, father, aunt and uncle concentrated on nothing but her older cousin. Yelling and screaming usually followed and Caina and her younger cousin luckily were left out of the mix.

"Plus I always tell them that I'm staying at a friend's house. Never did I tell them that my best friend just happened to be a guy" She added a small smile forming on her face at the thought. Maybe her parents would put up a flag if they knew Caina stayed at Andrew's house all the time. They just wouldn't understand that girls could just be friends of guys and nothing more. This was why she kept it simple and didn't give the gender of her friend. "I'm just surprised Mallory doesn't mind me always tagging along. I would suspect she want to just spend time with you" Caina went on her mind wondering how it felt to have a family member always want you home for happy vacations. The thought was strange and soon couldn't even stay in the mind of this Slytherin.

"Cool, I have one customer already. Let me see how fast I can invent it" he said grinning. "Oh! I see, you have a cousin? A wizarding cousin?"he asked her curiously. "Where does your cousin study?"he asked her more intrested in Caina's cousin than Caina's family problems so as to let the topic go because he didnt want to make her feel sad.

"I see, you said the truth without mentioning details, how slytherinsih" he said as he laughed. "No, Mal's cool with it. She can't stay with me all day. She has the store to take care of, so she likes it if I have company"he said with a thanking smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back