Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Zom
Wand
12 inch slightly springy Cypress with unicorn hair core.
Zeke was stoked to have gotten a spot on the team, even if it was as an alternate. He threw in an extra work out, going for a run in the mornings as he usually did but now taking another run before bed. He had just gotten back from his morning run when he saw a familiar face up ahead. He picked up the pace, smiling widely and laughing as he caught up and clapped the other boy on the back. "Yoooo, cap, good morning," He greeted cheerily, using his shirt to wipe the sweat from his face and flashing his six-pack in the process. "How are you?" He asked, grinning brightly and taking a drink from his water bottle.

Dominic was in a bit of a hurry. He had a lot of things to do before classes started today and he didn't have a lot of time to waste. He was about to say as much, to whoever was approaching him but he hesitated when he saw it was one of the new members of the team. "Oh hey!" he said cheerfully, partially because he appreciated being called 'cap' and he wanted to make a good impression on the new members. "Zeke right?" he asked, making sure he had remembered his name right. "I'm good." he said and started to walk, but not before noticing how muscular the other boy was. "How are you doing this morning?" he asked, making a point not to stare.

Zeke laughed lightly as Dominic checked his name. "The one and only," He flipped his wrist a bit dramatically, doing a little bit of a bow. He rolled his neck, stretching his arms a bit to keep them loose. "Good! I'm doin' great, cap, just finished the morning run, probably going to take to the showers, maybe glance at a school book at some point," He chuckled. "Breakfast might be good first though," He mused. "How bout you, Cap?" He asked, turning to the other boy with a broad grin.

Dominic laughed at Zeke’s bow, he was amused by the other boy's confidence. "School books are important and should probably be glanced at a few times.” he said with small laugh. He knew he probably sounded lame but he didn't really care. He wasn’t sure if the quidditch team had a minimum grade requirement to play but he really didn’t want to find that out the hard way if they did. “You transferred right? What school did you go to before?” Dominic asked curiously. “Most important meal of the day, some say.” he joked when he mentioned breakfast. “A bit of this and a bit of that. I said I’d help the potions professor do some prep work so I might try and do that before my first class.” he said with a sigh, that was just the first of an extensive list but he didn't want to bore Zeke with that.

Zeke laughed. "At least once or twice," He winked playfully. When Dominic asked about his previous schooling, he shrugged. "I went to a couple of spots, I was at Beauxbatons for a couple of years, Hogwarts Scotland for another, homeschooled for some. There's never really been a lot of stability in my life. I spent three years at HS before going to Beauxbatons and the homeschooling was... interesting, but my dad got bounced over here so y'know, new school again. Mom says we shouldn't have to go again and I can graduate here." He shrugged, not really sure he believed it. The bouncing around had always wrecked his personal life so he didn't really have anyone.

He chuckled at the comment. "It is if there's bacon," He countered. Zeke loved bacon. He listened as Dom said he had a busy day. "Well hey, if you need some company I don't mind tagging along. I mostly just exercise and work out in my free time so it could be interesting to do something else," He offered, though doubted Dominic would let him go.

Dominic laughed and felt himself get a little flustered after Zeke winked at him. Who winks anymore? “Yes, multiple times is recommended.” he said. “I’ve heard those words inside can be interesting at times.” he teased before listening as Zeke listed off all the schools he had been to. He couldn’t relate to Zeke’s experience at all. Even before he came to Ilvermorny he had only gone to one school and with all of his brothers around during his younger years, school didn’t even feel all that different than home. “Well that’s good you’ll get to spend at least some time here and get to graduate.” Dominic said earnestly. “I imagine a homeschool graduation might be a little underwhelming.” he teased. “Oh no, you didn’t hear? No bacon on school grounds. New rule. Sorry to break that news to you.” he said with mock seriousness. “Only if you want to.” he said a little awkwardly, surprised by the offer. “It's not very exciting but I could use the extra set of hands if your willing.” he said and watched Zeke’s reaction carefully, not wanting to force him into anything.

Zeke chuckled. "Sometimes," he agreed lightly, sticking his hands in his pockets. Dominic was kinda cute when he blushed- Zeke might have to tease him some more. He nodded at the boys next words. "Yeah, I'm glad we won't have to leave again before graduation." He agreed easily. "It's lonely, mostly. I'm an only child, so," He shrugged. "Not much company other than my mum,"

His face shifted into a visible pout as Dominic teased him. "No more bacon? No! The travesty," He sighed dramatically, placing the back of his hand to his head and slumping against Dominic. "I can't go on without my beloved bacon, I have no will left to live," He continued, enjoying the exaggeration. "You'll have to carry me, Captain, I feel weak," He went on, sighing heavily again.

Dominic listened as Zeke talked more about his family. “Only child.” he mused out loud. “I have a few spare brothers if you want any?” he joked. He would he happy with just one or two, which left at least two up for grabs. Sometimes he wasn't sure how his parents managed raising five boys with out anyone dying. "What's your mom like?" he asked, but worried it might be too personal of a question. He laughed at Zeke's dramatic response and was glad he was willing to play along. "On no. I'm devastated I have to replace someone on the team so quickly." he joked and nudged him in the ribs with his elbow.

Zeke laughed at Dominics' offer. "Nah man, I don't need to share my room," he chuckled, shaking his head. He'd gotten used to being on his own a long time ago, it would trip him up having someone else around. He shrugged at the boy's question. "Like a mom? I don't know, dad is always out working and she's a yoga instructor, she finds herself a studio to rent and spends like... all her time there with her different classes." He shook his head. He snorted at Dominic's comment and laughed a bit. "Why not replace that pretty boy while you're at it?" He asked. "You know, the one with the ego. I might be new but you've got one little guy that's terrified of the pretty boy, and the angry kid might just kill the pretty boy for messing with the little guy," He chuckled. "Unless red kills pretty boy first."

Dominic smiled, "You have a point." he said, thinking about the room he shared with two of his brothers growing up. At least now when he went home he actually had a room to himself, unlike the dorms he had to share at school. "And Torres boys aren't known for being very neat either." he admitted. He listened to Zeke talk about his mom. "Yoga instructor? That's interesting." he said genuinely. "Don't get me started." he groaned when the topic of Eli and Adam came up. "If I just let them be, I'm sure Eli would have bludgeoned Adam ages ago." he sighed.

Zeke laughed. "Well I definitely don't want your brothers then, my mom already yells at my mess. When she's around, anyway. I don't need to get an earful for your brothers, too," He snickered a bit, shaking his head. He interlocked his fingers behind his neck, sauntering along beside Dominic as Zeke followed the captain to wherever it was he had been heading- Zeke had forgotten already. "Do it," He encouraged with a laugh. "You'll be down a keeper and you'll have to kick red off the team, but I can steal red's place and I'm sure that little guy- whats-his-name, the tiny dude that's always hiding behind the angry little blond- he could probably catch balls. He probably couldn't do more than squeak anyway, might be an improvement," He laughed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back