Meet Me At The Roses

Becky Gale

OOC First Name
Ava
Wand
Mahogany Wand 14" Essence of Unicorn Hair
Becky looked down at her sketchpad and sighed. She had promised Erica that she would send her a drawing, but Becky didn't know what to draw. Instead, she had spent the past half-hour writing the name 'Stephen' and drawing little hearts. on her wrist. Her wrist was now covered in purple ink. Becky frowned and began rubbing at her skin, trying to get the ink off. She succeeded in smudging the ink so much that it looked like she had a big purple bruise on her arm. Becky gave up on trying to get the ink off herself, and picked the the abandoned sketchpad. The poor book was tattered from the many years of use. Becky had kept this sketchpad from when she was five, and the cover was labelled 'Madeline Gale'. Becky began to draw a rose on the cover, in purple pen. Anything to pass the time.

Woot, first RP since Chrismas!!!

Stephen sat by the rosebush surrounded by a number of scattered pieces of scrunched up parchment, his failed letters. It had been almost two years that he had started Hogwarts New Zealand, and in those two years he had gotten more closer to Becky than he ever could have imagined. He thought about her more than he cared to admit but he didn't mind, the time he spent thinking about Becky, or spending time with her were his happiest moments. Of course he had known Becky for much longer than the two years he spent at Hogwarts, there was the few years she had attended Beauxbatons and he had gotten to know her through his private tutoring. He thought it strange that someone attended a school in France and couldn't speak French, but it was this quality in Becky that first drew him to her. The number of times that he had kicked himself for rejecting her those years ago, because he was afraid of the age difference, now it didn't matter to him at all.

So with the end of the year just around the corner and Stephen's last year even closer he knew he had to at least tell Becky how he felt. Even if she didn't return the feelings, he would of course be heartbroken but he just had to let her know, if he didn't he would kick himself for the rest of his life. So as he sat at the rosebush, the sun beginning to set over the lake he finished off his note to Becky. Calling his owl he sent the letter off to her and if he was right, and he was, she would be sitting in the Hufflepuff Common Room right about now.

He knew he didn't have a lot of time to set up so he got straight to work. Gathering up the pieces of parchment he made them disappear with a simple spell. With that done he lay out a blanket on the ground beside the rosebush and lay out a few food items that he had gotten the elves to make up for him. With the sun setting it was beginning to grow dark so he lit a few candles and let them float a few feet in the air above the blanket. Picking up a few roses that had dropped from the rosebush he picked off of the rose petals and scattered them from the path that lead to the rosebush to behind it where he awaited for her.

Dear Becky,

I have liked you for a very long time now but just never had the guts to say it to you. Well, that has all changed now. I am going all out and I am going to say it all. I really care a lot about you, and I would like to be a lot more then just friends. You mean so much to me. I mean, just seeing your cute little smile when I am having a bad day just makes the day seem not too dim. Or just to have you give me a hug makes me all warm and tingly inside. Just to see your smiling face brightens my darkest day. What do you say, would you like to give it a go? If so, meet me down at the rosebush. I'll be waiting.

- Your Secret Admirer.
xoxo

An owl flew through the window of the common room, starling Becky. Then she noticed that the owl was holding a note, and that the note was addressed to her. Becky read the note, her eye growing wide. At first she thought it was a joke, but then she reasoned that if it was a joke, it would be a very mean one, and Becky didn't know anyone who hated her enough to pull a mean joke like that. That left one option: she actually did have a secret admirer.

Becky wondered if she should actually meet her 'secret admirer'. She wasn't sure if she wanted to or not. She was in love with Stephen, even though she knew the chance of him actually liking her was lower than zero. But, being the most curious person on planet Earth, Becky had to go to the rosebush.

She left the common room and carefully walked down the stairs, trying very hard not to trip over her long dress. Some of the first years still stared at her clothes, but most people were used to her dresses by now. When Becky was outside, she realized her arm still had the big purple 'bruise' on it. She hoped it was dark enough not to be noticed. Becky looked around, and suddenly saw Stephen. Her heart started fluttering, and she walked towards him. "Hi Stephen! Um, what are you doing here?" she asked.

Stephen sat by the blanket he had laid out, twirling a single pink rose in his hands, as he waited nervously for Becky to arrive. He hoped that she would take his note seriously and come down. He understood how risky it could be to send as note signed 'You Secret Admirer' as so many actually turned out to be some cruel joke, but he would never do that to Becky - no, he cared too much for her. It was getting late and Stephen grew more anxious, more worried with every passing moment that Becky wouldn't come. He didn't know if he would ever be able to tell her out straight just how much he cared about her, he hoped the note would do that for him.

Not too long after he heard a sound, footsteps? Standing up he whipped himself down and waited to see just who it was, hoping it was Becky. It was! When he saw her come around to the side of the rosebush he was on he couldn't help but smile at her, his eyes full of the compassion that he felt towards her. When she spoke he grew worried that she hadn't seen the note and just so happened to turn up at the rosebush. His stomach twisted with a mixture of nerves and butterflies, a common feeling he had when he was with Becky. Still twirling the rose in his fingers, he looked down for a moment. "I...um..." then he looked up. It was time for him to grow up and just tell her, he couldn't let this go on any further. "Did you not get the note I sent you? It kind of explains it all." he said, lamely, as he moved his body slightly to the side to reveal the picnic of sorts that he had set up for them.

Becky was extremely confused. "You sent the note?" she asked, stating the obvious. But, this was not possible. Maybe she was dreaming? That was the only rational reason that Stephen Duquette has sent her a note saying that he liked her. Becky bit down on her tongue hard, just to make sure she wasn't dreaming. It hurt quite a bit, and Becky realized that she wasn't dreaming, and in fact Stephen obviously had sent the note.

"But..." Becky paused, furiously trying to make sense of everything. "That's impossible..." she murmured.

My brain is broken... Cannot think :/

Same here

Stephen lowered his head when Becky questioned his sending the note, nodding his head as he did so. Despite how relieved he was that he had finally told Becky how he felt about her, he was beginning to doubt that it was the best move. He knew Becky would never return the feelings and he had pretty much just gone and ruined their friendship. During the moment of slience he felt like kicking himself for being so stupid as to send her that note...he should have just gotten over it. Then again he knew that was immpossible, how could he ever get over Becky? To him, she was the World. Frowning his eyebrows at her as she said how it was impossible. Looking at her with a look that was a cross between confussion and worry he asked, "What's impossible?" it could mean so many things, he didn't know where to start. He took a few steps closer to her as he asked the question, his insides knotting like crazy.

Becky swallowed. It seemed to her that the universe itself had gone truly insane, and Stephen liking her was proof of this. Stephen Duquette actually liked her. "Because..." Becky wasn't sure how she could explain how completely absurd the idea of Stephen actually liking her was. "Uh. It just is." she said, then frowned. That was not how she meant to put it. "Well... Because you're you... and...Oh, I don't know how to say this!" Becky said, frustrated with herself. She opened her sketchpad on the page that had Stephen's names written all over it inside love hearts. Then she wrote on the page, and handed the book over to Stephen. She bit her lip, waiting for his reaction.

Because I like you

My computer is throwing fits at me!!!!

As he waited for Becky to answer his heart began to race, he wanted to know where she stood on what he had just told her. He had poured his heart and soul into the note and even though it was just touching on what his feelings really was it still showed how he felt. He had decided that he had better no go overboard on the note in case he had scared Becky off completely, it was risky telling her how he felt in the first place but to go into it fully would be too much. Listening to Becky stutter he thought his heart was going to rip through his chest because it was beating so fast right now.

Standing right beside Becky now he watched her write something on a notepad. Reaching his shaking hand out he took the note pad, glancing at Becky before looking down at the notepad he gave her a slightly worried look. Although when he saw what was written in front of him, his worried look quickly changed. His eyes widened and a smile spread across his face. “This is impossible.” he said with a laugh. He wanted to believe it more than anything and a part of him did believe what he could see in front of him, then again a part of him had doubts. “You are being serious though? Because I know I blew my chance once but if you’re serious about this, then I’d like it give it a chance....give us a chance.” he said, softly. Reaching his hand out grabbing Becky’s hand, his eyes staring deeply into her own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back