- dark brown/black shoulder length, curly hair
- golden/hazel eyes
- pale/olive complextion
- around 5'1'' at current age

Personality:
- outgoing and friendly
- sarky sense of humour
- can be quite short tempered when provoked, but generally mild mannered
- enjoys a carefully maintained balance between time with friends and time alone
- Medea is studious, having learned at the knee of two well read parents.
- This does not mean that she is not also adventurous, as she spent several years travelling to new countries with her father's work.

Family:
- Father - Andrew Blackthorne, muggle-born
- Mother - Enodia Blackthorne, pureblood
- Sister - Melanie, aged 4

Pets:
- none

Area of Residence:
- Sydney, Australia. Originally from Scotland, family moved for schooling.

Blood Status:
- Half Blood

Heritage:
- Andrew Blackthorne is a Scottish freelance journalist, with acclaimed articles published in both the British publications "The Daily Prophet", "The Quibbler", and France's "Le Sorcier Français". He graduated from Hogwarts, and met his wife on a working holiday in Liechtenstein while investigating rumours of an illegal dragon trade ring.

- Enodia Blackthorne, nee Verghast, is a pure-blood witch of eastern European descent. She graduated from Durmstrang, and was a climbing member of the Magical Law Enforcement unit in Liechtenstein's Ministry of Magic before meeting her husband during an undercover operation. She now works within the New Zealand Ministry of Magic within the same department.

Enodia's family history is unique in the sense that the family's naming traditions are passed down through the females. Each generation has always produced at least one daughter, and each has been named after an aspect of mythology surrounding the Greek goddess Hecate. The purebloods (and Enodia's ancestors) who began this naming convention originated in Thrace (modern day Bulgaria), and named their daughters after the goddess of sorcery. Enodia (Hecate's aspect of protection) was so named by her mother Soteira (aspect of salvation), who was named by her mother and Enodia's grandmother, Asteria (mother to Hecate).

Medea Blackthorne is named for a high priestess to Hecate, also named in myth as The Enchantress.
Her younger sister, Melanie is derived from Melinoe - another name Hecate was known by in middle Europe.

Their family doesn't have any great fortune like many pureblood lines, mostly because the family tree has spread and sprawled so far that inheritance was distributed to many children over many generations. Medea's parents are financially comfortable however, due to Enodia's shrewd saving and both her and Andrew's reasonable incomes.

Special Abilities:
- None, but one day aspires to become an animagus.

Interests or Hobbies:
- Exploring new places
- reading and learning - there is no such thing as useless knowledge
- enjoys muggle brainteasers like sudoku and riddles

Additional Skills:
-

Strengths:
- level-headed
- has a great sense of humour
- wants to excel
-not afraid to speak her mind

Weaknesses:
- can be patronising sometimes
- isn't great in emotional situations, e.g. when someone is crying, or grieving.
- sometimes doesn't think before she speaks (makes inappropriate jokes or tasteless comments)

Describe your character in three words:
- sarcastic
- intelligent
- internalised

Favourite place to be:
- Her grandmother and grandfather Blackthorne's cottage in Angus, Scotland. It lies down a narrow country lane surrounded by trees, and in the autumn her grandparents take her out kicking through piles of red leaves to look for the perfect conkers.

Friends:
- no solid friendships due to travelling the world, but Medea has met and struck up companionable relationships with a few kids in Australia who live in the area.

Hogwarts House:
- unsorted

Hogwarts Hopes and Ambitions:
- to get enough O.W.L.s and N.E.W.T.s that she has options - she's only 11 and has no idea what she wants to do with her life after school.
-make some real friends

Best school subjects:
-

Worst school subjects:
-

Extracurricular Activities:
- maybe start a conkers club?
- try and join a gobstones club

Plans for your future:
- she hasn't decided, and is a little scared by the idea of doing one job for the rest of her life

Your Patronus:
-

Your Patronus memory:
-

Your Boggart:
- a cage

Your Animagus:
-

Mirror of Erised:
- Being surrounded by friends, unburdened and free

A page from your diary:
- We arrived in Italy this morning. Mum sent me to the apothecary with dad and Melanie while she went to show face at the Ministry. The shop assistant in the apothecary tried to teach me how to ask for a sprig of Lady's Mantle in Italian, but I failed miserably at the accent. She just kind of laughed at me and bumped the price down a few knuts, so I guess it wasn't all for naught.
We're only here for a couple of weeks before we officially move to Australia. Dad says that Hogwarts New Zealand has really made a name for itself in the magical community, on par with the one back home, even. He went to the Scottish school, so I'll take his word for it.

Mum seems a bit stressed, but I don't know if it's because we'll have to move everything we own again, or if it's because that man from the NZ Ministry that smells like mothballs has been hounding her to come over early and get all the paperwork for her transfer completed.

I'd be putting it off too if it were me. That guy is The Grey Man. Seriously. His idea of riveting conversation is a full and detailed description of the ham and cheese sandwich he had for lunch last week.

I think today I'm going to convince dad to let me out of the apartment and have a look around. The magical community is larger here that some of the other places we've visited, and I only got a glimpse of the shops on the way to the apothecary. It looks like there were hundreds of them. I don't know how willing he'll be to let me wander on my own though. Maybe...better to ask forgiveness that permission, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back