Maybe this will help

Alex Cullen

Wand
Rowan Wood 12"1/4 Essence of Silver Thistle
Alex took note on what Moko had said to him in town in the last visit he had. Maybe she was right. He would write to her. At least, if he couldn't see her, he'd write to her and it would seem he wasn't entirely a jerk as he guessed, almost everyone thought he was.
Besides, what else was he meant to do with his time other than study and go slowly mad in this confinement of a school? As he took one of his rare trips up to the owlery, he sighed. Exhaustion was only of the things bothering him as of late. Stupid, stupid people.
As his grey eyes glazed over the owlery, he had to realize it had been years since he had been here and the place had improved loads. A small weak smile crept onto his face as he looked at the only owl in sleeping in it's pen. Life seemed so simple for them. They got their tasks spelled out for them, they got their food and water, the only thing they had to do was do the tasks; simple enough.
His letter was in his pocket and he took it out. His messy, but improved, scrawl had written the words Moko Craven on the front of the letter and he wondered if she would think him weird for doing this whole thing. He hadn't ever written to anyone 'xcept his twin brother and it just felt like an ordinary thing but this. Well, he wasn't sure what to feel to be honest.
Before he could back out of it any further, he folded it up, stroked the owl awake and fastened the letter onto it. It was a school owl, so he knew it would not be inappropriate, though he did feel sorry for the owl having to always deliver letters, day forth and back. Moving over to the ledge, he gave it one last stroke before he launched it in the air with his 5th ever letter.
Moko Craven said:
Hey. ^_^

How are you? I decided I would fulfil my word I gave to you and write to you. Luckily for you, I did not back out of doing it or else you'd be so bored I bet ;P. I'm sorry about that day in the snow by the way. I bet you wished you had stayed home that day I'm sure of that. I just wanted to tell you that. It was a bit of fun with mates on their stag night. I know you hate me already for that but anyhow...
I've been thinking about it. The reason why you always seem to run away. Everytime I seem to meet you, you were on your way to somewhere so it's almost logical that you would need to go because your late already.
I'm sorry, that makes no sense. Damn, this is terrible. I can't write a single letter anymore. :correct:
Hey, you know, there isn't much till HNZ breaks up for the winter hols, wait summer(?) for you. And seeing as this is my list, maybe you'd like to come to the graduation. No pressure. Just well, my family are busy so they ain't gonna be able to come so I thought you'd like a day off school. Might do you some good you know. ;) You really do need to unwind a bit. ( That is not an insult before you snap at me ).
Anyhow, if you don't want to come, I understand. It'll be crap. I can already see it. Nothing much happens at this school that's interesting anymore I have to admit, but the Professors are happy with that so I won't complain anymore.
Hey, if you are coming. It's not fancy and if it goes my way in the bet, we'll be going out for a riot in town after wards I'm reckonning. :p
(only joking on the riot by the way) Tell me what's happening back in Drumstrang please. I know I probably can't help you in any of the subjects but if it is anything I can help with, I'd be happy to.
Write back soon,
Love Alex.

Moko left DA class smiling broadly after succeeding in yet another incantation, on her way to her dorm she decided instead to change direction and head to the food hall. It was lunch time but she wasn't very hungry she would simply grab a quick snack, sort of a power lunch so she could study in her room without flagging from hunger later. As she entered the hall though, tons of owls were already swooping down on the students dropping off letters and packages. Moko merely smiled continuing on to a table to pick up a roll when an envelope fluttered down to her outstretched hand. She looked at the envelope for a moment before glancing up at the strange owl. She reached for the roll with her other hand and turned abruptly wondering who was writing to her. The scrawl was not Chace's that was for sure, even though he had bothered to only write to her the once she still would have recognized any letter using a pen instead of a quill.

It didn't take her too long to reach her dorm and tossing the roll on to her side table she opened the letter. Of course she was speechless when she read who it was from, even more so on a few other points. Like how he invited her to his graduation ceremony and signed off with the word 'love'. Moko seriously didn't know how to react with any of it but recognized the feeling of euphoria before it got bogged down with disbelieve. She picked up a quill and began a letter to him, it took her forever to write it and each word seemed painfully thought through.

Dear Alex,

thank you for inviting me to your celebration. I will of course be there to support you, it so happens that I will be in New Zealand anyway. I would rather not discuss the time in the Yorkshire Moors if that is alright with you. It is best put behind us now. I seriously do not think I need to unwind and this is probably also a reason for my coming along, to prove to you once and for all that I can be as spontaneous as the next person and have fun.
I have no need of any assistance in any of my subjects, I would imagine somehow that my scores are better than yours. No insult intended of course.
I am presuming this is a formal event and will dress accordingly.

Thank you for asking me.
I am glad to come

Moko

Alex was lounging in the sun, probably one of the last times he'd do it here now that winter was coming. He was actually drifting off to sleep slowly, hearing the water slapping against the shore lazily when something swopped over him, blocking his rich sunlight from his face. He was about to shout at the guys who were standing stupidly in his sunlight when he found it was an owl landing onto his chest.
He smiled, loosing the pent up anger that he had building up. He stroked the owl before noticing it had a letter on it's leg. A sudden hilarious laughter whirled round his head at how stupid he had been to miss that point. Taking ti from the owl, he smirked, noticing a neat handwriting with his name. He hadn't seen that for a while to be honest but that was probably for the best.
Thank the owl one last time, it took off for the place where it came from probably. His head lead back to where it was at the start of his chill-axing. I'll open it later, he thought.
When he did, he found it was from Moko. It didn't surprised in the least how much better her letter was than his. But it was so formal it was like a Prof had written it. He sighed. He'd have to change it all first before he'd understand it. But it didn't take him long thankfully for him. Though the amount of scribbled on pieces of papers was ridiculous. Oh hard it was to write something without writing something stupid.

Moko...

Wow, you sure do need to unwind. Even more proof in that letter. What's got your knot all twisted up. S'ok. No support needed. Thought you'd have fun meeting some more thawed out people for a change. ;) (Joke )
I have to say, the only reason you get all spontaneous is when I'm there. And not too mention the fact that you let go yourself at that exact point.
Ach, neva mind. I'm never going to win with you. You seem to ignore whatever the point is in what I'm saying. (Feel free to snap at me again by the way )
So how are you in that warm country at the moment.
Presume all you want but I'm just saying it ain't as formal as you'd expect, specially when you hear what getting said. Nah, I'm not doing the big whole speech thing. Crap at it, honestly. Don't know why they make it compulsory.
I have you know. I am very clever believe it or not. Just because I ain't got the best memory doesn't mean I don't manage to find ways to cheat through the stuff. Have bigger scores than me, I have no pressure in stuff like that anyhow. It's not like I'm gonna need qualifications anyway in what I'm going to do.
By the way, how are you going to be in NZ at that time? I didn't know there were sight seeing around here for school trips; unless it's not of course. Just curious.
No problem. It seems everyone else is inviting everyone they know outside the school practically so I thought I might as well add another person to pressurize the professors :p .
Speak to you soon,
Alex

Morrigan had been running through every dress or any other type of suitable outifit in her collection for the graduation event. She was excited and nervous all at the same time, not sure exactly why but deciding for a change to just simply go with these feelings. After choosing her outfit at last she turned at a distinct noise and opening up her window smiled at the owl that had been tapping. Removing the letter she hurriedly closed the window again and ran to her bed, jumping on to it and lying down to read it. It was crazy that she was getting herself excited about a boy, it had seemed so long. Herself and Hayden passed each other on the corridors and in class as if they were simply trainee professor and student and not the best friends they had been before the kiss. She wanted badly to tell him that it was fine, that he had been confused over the break up with Lemina and over the headmistress carrying his child but she never seemed to have the chance and though she missed their friendship terribly, she refused to let it interfere with her studies the way this 'thing' with Alex seemed to be doing. The boy aggravated her, exasperated her no end but he also made her smile, made her laugh as no other had done in a while. Of course the fact that she had thought for a while he was nothing but a drunk had not endeared him to her but whenever he was near Moko had wanted nothing but him closer.

She read his letter and instantly her heckles rose, the boy really did infuriate her without trying at all or maybe he was and simply didn't realize it. Grabbing a piece of parchment and heading to her desk she dipped her quill into some ink and began another letter to him.

Alex,

why do you... can we just
look, why must you

I'm getting tired of restarting this letter, I am not uptight. Really and I wish you would stop saying I am. I have not been surrounded by unwound people or loose people or whatever types attend your school. I didn't realize you would be making a speech, why is that? Well I have already chosen my outfit and am not going to all the trouble of selecting something else, if I displease you visually then just look the other way. (and that is my attempt at sarcasm )

If you really must know then I am attending a meal in honor of my parents, it is their first anniversary. They died in a car crash this time last year. When you first met me in The Medley I had just been in New Zealand a few days, my guardians live there and I was acting out I guess as best I could under the circumstances. When we met again in Yorkshire it was my first visit to their grave since the funeral. So it would seem that I have had cause to appear up tight every time you have seen me. The last time I was getting a dress as my guardians birthday was being celebrated at they invited me to attend. I hope that all explains some bit of why I've never been all cheery when you have met me. I don't smile naturally every five minutes but I do have moments where I do smile, if you must know... you make me smile quite a bit. On the inside where it doesn't show. (am actually smiling now)

I am curious to know what it is you will be doing after school to say you won't need qualifications. I am looking forward to seeing you again, no matter whether you think I'm stuffy or not. At least I don't have to rush off anywhere this time.

Morrigan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back