Jeremy Thorne

Emergency Dept Healer | Hattie's Dad
OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Jeremy kicked around some dirt as he walked through the park. He hated it, all of it. It had been two weeks of the same thing so far. He didn't know any of these kids, didn't like how hot it could get here in Texas and couldn't understand why if his dad was supposed to be on vacation, he just had to be at the meeting at the Ministry. Once again, Jeremy was being left all alone to fend for himself. I should've gone to camp like Lana, he thought to himself. She'd been smart. Rather than staying home to watch half her family pack away their lives and move, she'd left.

What Jeremy needed was a distraction, but he had no one to distract him and right now he didn't have the energy to do it himself. Sighing and kicking a small rock, Jeremy sat down heavily on a bench. He was slouched over, his knees hanging off the bench and stared off into the distance. His gaze was on a tiny pond, but he wasn't really paying attention to it. He stayed that way for a while. His only movement was to slap his arm when he felt a bug of some sort crawling over him. His mind thought ahead, to two weeks from now when he and his dad would be heading to Florida. At least then, he'd have the beach to spend his days on.

It was a day like no other for finally Mizelea went home to have a short vacation. He loved the weather in Texas, it was hot yet the wind felt warm than ever. Unlike in London, it's been a month the last time she saw the sun. She deeply missed her family especially Sanchie her pet monkey. Mizelea decided to have a short stroll around the down, she brought along Sanchie who was sitting by her left shoulder. "I miss you so much!" she said to the monkey as she was giggling along. Wearing a plain baby blue top and some shorts. She adored the people wandering around with there families. Unfortunately, her parents were out of time and will arrive this evening. As for her sister, she was obviously busy dating a new guy around town.

Still that didn't stopped her to have fun alone. As she was passing by a bench, she noticed a boy maybe at the same age at his who seems to be mad at the world or something. "Hi!" she exclaimed cheerful. Sanchie hugged Mizelea's neck, "Sanchie, It's alright he seems to be harmless" he told the monkey who seems to be frightened. Mizelea stood there waiting for the boy to notice her.

It was a second before Jeremy lazily turned his head toward the voice that had greeted him so cheerfully. He only intended to give a quick glance, mutter a one-syllable reply and then return to his brooding, but he quickly did a double-take when he noticed that not only was it a really pretty girl but she also was wearing a monkey around her neck. "Um...hi" he replied, distracted by the sight of the animal. It wasn't everyday that a person saw a monkey, especially not out in the open and as a pet as this one appeared to be.

When Jeremy realized how he must look to the girl, he quickly sat up. "I am harmless...Merlin's honor" he replied before flushing at the foolish words that had just escaped him. Who says that? She's gonna think I'm some kind of weirdo, he thought to himself, glad that no one else had heard. Brushing a hand over his messy hair, which did nothing but make it even more messy, Jeremy took in the girl and the monkey again. The girl looked to be about his age, but he'd never seen her in school and considering they were in the middle of Texas that made perfect sense. If she was a witch, it was likely that she went to school a bit closer to him. Only his parents would send their children to the other side of the world for school. He figured her to be a muggle though, an odd one who kept pet monkeys. Lucky for her, he liked muggles a lot and was fascinated by them. "Is that your pet?" he asked, wide-eyed and curious.

The boy seem to be uniterested with the fact that he was her in Texas. Still Mizelea wanted to brighten up the boys mood. "Sanchie? Oh yes! Sanchie say hi!" she exclaimed still smiling. The monkey raised his left arm and started to wave at the boy, he even gave him a grin showing his well carved teeth. Mizelea giggled. "I'm Mizlea by the way though you can also me Mizzy, Zel, Leah, Mizel and other nicknames you can think off" she elaborated while swinging her arms back and forth. "Oh! and this is my adorable pet Sanchie!" she said to the boy who seems to be restless at the moment. "Sanchie love compliments. ." sher whispered.

OOCOut of Character:
Cyn! :wub: I'm sorry for the reply.. I'm loaded with schoolwork! WAH! :unsure:

On any other day, the girl's perky attitude would have brightened his own considerably. Even in his terrible mood, he couldn't help but smile a bit. It quickly went away, but it was still there for a split second. He listened as she introduced her monkey as 'Sanchie' but that didn't tell him if it was a boy or girl. He didn't even care though because the monkey was smiling and waving at him! He raised a hand in greeting. "Uh...hi Sanchie" he said slowly, wondering if he should feel silly about speaking to a monkey.

As she got around to introducing herself, he nodded his head, all of her nicknames floating around his head. "Nice to meet you Mizzy" he said, liking that one the best. "Everyone calls me Jeremy because that's my name and I don't have a nickname" he said in introduction. He took the hint she gave him and turned to the monkey, wondering how he should compliment it. "Uh...what big eyes you have Sanchie" he said, a grin crossing his face as he recalled the muggle storybook he'd looked through in the town library the other day.

OOCOut of Character:
That's ok. No worries ^_^

"Jeremy short for Jeremy huh? I like it!" she exclaimed cheerily. Mizelea grabbed his right hand and started to shake it up and down as if his bones disappeared. As for Sanchie, the little monkey answered back "Oh Uh Oh Hee!" he hissed at the boy. Upon hearing Jeremy's compliment or was it really a compliment? Mizelea somehow heard that line from some old fiction book she once have read. "Little Red Riding hood?" she said in a high note. Jeremy seems to be weird yet normal for Mizelea. Sanchie started to whisper at Mizelea's ear. "Uh huh, Go on Don't be shy!" she answered back. The monkey started to clap his hand followed by twisting his hips from right to left. Jumping while tumbling his way through. Sanchie was dancing or rather entertaining Jeremy. He was always proud of his talents that he wanted to share it to everyone.

It seemed that Mizelea's cheeriness knew no end, and Jeremy stared at her, half amused, half bewildered at how she was behaving. She was like a ball of energy and the monkey on her shoulder seemed to be the same way. When she asked if he was quoting Little Red Riding Hood, Jeremy blushed slightly. He'd been hoping she wouldn't no what he was quoting. "Yea" he mumbled, "It was just a joke though. Sanchie's cute." He watched as Sanchie appeared to be doing something right next to his owner's ear. Was it actually speaking? No. It can't be he thought to himself, a slight shake of his head at his own silliness.

As the monkey began to move around, Jeremy realized that Sanchie was dancing. "Did you teach him to do that?" he asked, a chuckle escaping his lips. His bad mood was slowly beginning to leave him as he grew fascinated by the monkey's movements. His own pet, his owl, Avalon, didn't do anything quite so fascinating. He did enjoy watching her fly, but she did that because it was in her nature and not to entertain him. "So...is there anything fun to do around here?" he asked, assuming that she was from the area. "I've been bored all day" he complained.

"Jeremy is kinda cute" a voice in Mizelea's head started to whisper to her. She wasn't that close to boys only to his father and little brother are the only exceptions. Maybe if Sanchie wasn't with her today, she couldn't probably speak to him. Still she tried her best to act cool and somehow normal around Jeremy which was a good start. She stood there watching Sanchie entertain Jeremy. "Oh, he loves watching me dance and who knew the monkey also loves to dance" she said to him in response to his question. Sanchie was still entertaining the boy, clapping his hand then tumbling back and forth"There is actually a fair inside the city proper today, some pie making and eating contest along with a carnival" he said to him as if he was a muggle who knew everything. It was a bit obvious that Jeremy was a wizard, no one seems to be sad when you're in Texas.

"You dance?" he asked, finding the idea a bit funny especially if she danced the way that Sanchie was dancing right now. On the monkey, it looked silly but on a girl, he figured it would be kind of cute. "I can't dance at all." He had only ever been to dance parties twice before and all he'd really done was move side to side, attempting to stay on beat. When she spoke of a carnival, Jeremy was curious. He didn't know what that was but it seemed like it was something he should know. Jeremy nodded his head. "A carnival? Really?" he asked, afraid to ask her what a carnival was but wanting to know more. He was fairly sure that it had to be a muggle sort of thing though perhaps it was just a Texas sort of thing. "Are you going with Sanchie?" he added.

"I dance, but not like Sanchie's way of dancing of course. He knows how to be original."she said while giggling. Sanchie's interpretation was complex though not when it comes to dancing of course, still Mizelea loved watching him. The monkey stopped and gave a bow to his two audience though he felt there were more than them. Mizelea clapped her hands then patted Sanchie head. "That was amazing Sanchie, Are you ready for the Carnival? You deserve some treat!" she exclaimed at him. Sanchie showed his pearly white teeth and nodded twice. Mizelea then glanced back at Jeremy to answer his questions as Sanchie climb up to her shoulder. "Oh yes, were actually headed there!" she said still smiling. She wanted to ask him him he wanted to go but there was a feeling of unsureness. Mizelea hating being rejected. Still she gave it a try hoping Jeremy would come along. "Uhmm, Do you want to tag along with us Jeremy? It would be fun!" she asked her as she folded her hands at her back. Waiting for his answer as she touch Sanchie's head once more.

Part of Jeremy was eager to go the carnival that Mizelea mentioned even though he had no idea exactly what it was. She and Sanchie seemed eager to go, so it couldn't be anything too bad. The other part was simply glad that he had a distraction from his own boredom. When Mizzy asked whether he wanted to go to the carnival with her, Jeremy glanced down at the watch he was wearing.

"Um..." he began, a look of indecision on his face. "I'm supposed to meet my dad back here in two hours" he said, not really answering her question at first. He was trying to convince himself one way or the other. He looked back up at her and that was what decided it once and for all. Jeremy"s dad had left him waiting many a time. He could certainly wait for Jeremy for once. "Yea, c'mon. Let's go" he said, standing up with resolve. "Can you tell me more about this carnival?" he asked casually as he waited for her to lead the way.

Mizelea smiled once more when she heard that Jeremy was coming, without thinking she pulled his arm. "Ok! ,haven't you heard of Carnivals?"she hissed as she was looking straight into the way where they were walking at. "A carnival is lots of fun, games, booth! and treat to eat to! There is even a roller coaster, a ferris wheel and a merry go round. Then. . then maybe there's circus too!"she said as if she was a little girl. Mizelea checked her back if her wand was there,and yes it was indeed there. She and Sanchie were thrilled to go to the circus, it was a place for people like and animals like them.
OOCOut of Character:
Sorry for my poor reply Cyn :x

Users who are viewing this thread

Back