Matilda Bea Honey Undersee

Matilda Undersee

tumblr_lotm2aboPi1qccuauo1_500.gif

M A T I L D A ;; B E A ;; H O N E Y ;; U N D E R S E E
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sometimes I just need to be me. Other times, my identity means nothing, and I am merely a shell of a name, containing far more than just words.
Words. That is all there is to describe me. I cannot understand why I can't just be myself, instead of pretending that this will make up for it.
At least inside I know who I truly am. If only others could see me for it too, perhaps they would not treat me the way they do.
</FONT>
- - - - {♥} N A M E {♥} - - - -​

[FULL NAME] Matilda Bea Honey Undersee
[NAME MEANING] Matilda, means 'Strength and might in battle'. Though Matilda may appear somewhat shy and socially awkward, this does have some truth to it. Under the right (or wrong) circumstances, Matilda could be pushed to her limits and snap. Being as tiny as she is, she would most likely find it hard to do much damage, however the strength that her name indicates could be referring to her willingness to not back down. She is very strong in the mind, and perhaps has to overcome her battles to learn things which are challenging.
Bea, means 'bringer of joy'. Matilda does not feel she brings much joy to anybody, since she is a very confined person. However, she did bring, and still does, much joy to her parents, who think of her as a 'miracle baby'. To them, she was the most wonderful thing that existed.
Honey, means 'sweet'. It is true that the young girl is very sweet, though only under the right conditions. At other times, her temper can snap and she may appear rude, as she is also very feisty. However, if in the company of the right person, Matilda can be an extremely sweet girl.
Undersee, is the family name. Matilda received it from her Father, as her Mother changed her surname when they married. She would preferably like to keep the name when she marries, or canon it with her Husband's. It is a very unique surname and she values it, as she feels it is a part of her. Changing it would be distressing for her. That said, when she grows up she may begin to see differently and realize it's not such a big deal. Besides, she does not have much to be proud of about her family.
[NICKNAMES] Tilly. This is Matilda's least favourite nickname, as she knows a Tilly in her current school who is a bully. She would hate for anyone to nickname her this, and her parents are not understanding about it. In fact, they are not even aware of a Tilly existing at her school, as she is yet to tell anyone about the bullying.
Mattie. Preferable over Tilly. Matilda thinks this sounds boyish and cute, and matches her personality. However, she much prefers her full name to be used when people address her, as she likes the sound of it and think that those who are shortening her name either don't like it or are too lazy to pronounce three syllables instead of two.
Matty. Another form of Mattie, however she prefers 'ie'.
Milly/Millie. Under absolutely no circumstances are people allowed to call her Milly. She despises the name, though she can't quite put her finger on why she hates it so much. Those who dislike/bully her purposely call her by this nickname just to infuriate her.
Honeybee. Her parent's nickname for Matilda when she was just a baby. She has grown out of it now, though her Mother sometimes calls her Honey or Bea. Matilda dislikes her middle names, but not to the extent that she is upset when called by them. She thinks they sound too fake and sweet, making her appear as a loving, kind girl, when in fact she is often sullen and awkward.
[MAIDEN NAME] Undersee.
[REASON FOR NAMES] Matilda. Matilda's Mother is a very polite, posh lady, and though Italian does not feel is is necessary to give a child a name from where you come from. Plus, Matilda's Father is French, and there would have been a dispute on which type of name to give her. To avoid argument, they both agreed on a polite sounding, formal name which she would be recognized for as being from the rich Undersee household.
Bea. Since Matilda was a 'miracle baby', her Mother decided that her middle names would be her nickname; Honey bee. However, since this sounded strange and would be unkind to put upon a child, they switched the order and used a different spelling. Matilda is particularly glad that they made this decision.
Honey. See above.
- - - - {♥} A G E & L O C A T I O N {♥} - - - -​

[AGE] 11 years.
[DATE OF BIRTH] 2nd March, 2023.
[ZODIAC] Pisces
[DUE DATE] 10th March, 2023.
[WEIGHT ON BIRTH] 2lb 1oz.
[PLACE OF BIRTH] St Mungo's.
[CHRISTENING NAME] Matilda Bea Honey Undersee.
[AREA OF RESIDENCE] Ginostra (village), Italy. It is very peaceful and blossoming with trees and flowers. They have a very large house, which is completely white and marbled inside. However, Matilda often wishes her house was less fancy. The family also owns a small house in New Zealand a short walk from Brightstone village, where they often stay in the half terms.
[DIALECTS] Italian and English, since after her birth they soon moved to a small town in Italy to escape the busy city life of Paris. Since the family knew Matilda would be attending Hogwarts in New Zealand, plus the fact they spoke fluently themselves, they decided to teach her English. It is also taught at her current school, and being a keen learner she is already fluent in both languages.
- - - - {♥} A P P E A R A N C E {♥} - - - -​

[HEIGHT] 3"2.
[WEIGHT] Average in proportion to height.
[RACE] Human&Part-Goblin.
[SKIN COLOUR] White.
[HERITAGE] 50% French & 50% Italian. The Italian is from her Mother, the French from her Father.
[HAIR COLOUR] Dark ash brown. It is naturally like this, she does not use dye.
[EYE COLOUR] Dark sapphire blue.
[MAKE UP] Though if given the option she would wear none, Matilda is often forced to wear a little make up. Her parents think it makes her look like a real lady and do not particularly care about her feelings on the matter, either.
[BLOOD TYPE] A-
[BLOOD STATUS] Mixed blood.
[WRITING HAND] Left.
[CLOTHING STYLE] Navy blue & pink dresses, jeans, frilly tops, denim shorts, woolly jumpers, frilly scarves, etc. If given the choice, then Matilda would wear baggy jeans, baggy tops (probably covered in paint stains), dungarees and trainers. Matilda's parents will not let her leave the house if she is not in what they consider a 'fit state' (usually a dress of some kind, or at least clothes with absolutely no scuff marks. They believe their daughter and what she wears says a lot about their parenting).
[TATTOOS] None. If when she was older she did decide to get one, her parents would go berserk.
[PIERCINGS] None, though no doubt her parents will soon be forcing her to piece her ears to look nice when they attend dinners and meetings. This would be the only type of piercing Matilda would ever be allowed to have. Personally, she does not like the idea of being a human pin cushion anyway, though it is rare for her to agree with her parents on anything.
[THEME] {To the Library and Beyond}

- - - - {♥} S C H O O L S {♥} - - - -​

[PRIMARY SCHOOL] Stalebeech Primary (Muggle school). Matilda's parents were far too busy with their lives to even consider home education, even though it would have been far less stressful on the poor girl, who already knew she had a wonderful life ahead of her that didn't involve any of the things she was learning at her Primary.
[YEAR] Graduated.
[GRADUATION] 2034.
[FAVOURITE SUBJECTS] Art, English and History. Matilda prefers academic and arty subjects over risky ones such as sports or handling dangerous equipment. Despite being sporty, she has a fear of blood which prevents her from taking part in many sports as she fears she will injure herself and therefore subject herself to seeing blood.
[WORST SUBJECTS] Geography and Dance. The only subject Matilda does not really take an interest in is Geography, however she is sure she will enjoy the Geography of the Magical world.
[FAVOURITE TEACHER] None yet.
[FRIENDS MADE] None. Matilda is bullied by several children in her year - Tilly, Megan and Stacey. Her excellent academic brain and her unusually short height makes her an easy target for these bullies.
[HOGWARTS HOUSE] Ravenclaw.
[YEAR] First year.
[GRADUATION] 2041.
[FAVOURITE SUBJECTS] Will be all except those stated below.
[WORST SUBJECTS] CoMC and Muggle Studies, for fear of being injured and also because she has lived a muggle life for so long that she does not really feel as though studying it will bring her much enjoyment.
[FAVOURITE PROFESSOR] Unknown. Will probably be a professor who is much like herself - eager to learn.
[FRIENDS MADE] None yet, though Matilda dearly hopes that the children attending Hogwarts are less unkind than the ones at her current school.
[SORTING HAT'S REPLY] "Goblins are quite magical - why would we turn magic away from a magical school? That doesn't make much sense to me at all. I don't think it does to you, either. You'll need to find ways to develop your confidence and I trust the best place for you to do that will be RAVENCLAW!"
[HOGWARTS LETTER]
c1b543637ea4.png

Miss M. Undersee,
The largest bedroom,
16 Via Maggio Ginostra
Stromboli
Italy​

Dear Miss Undersee,

We are pleased to inform that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on __. We await your owl by no later than __.

Yours sincerely,

Cyndi Kingsley

Cyndi Kingsley
Deputy Headmistress

- - - - {♥} R O M A N C E {♥} - - - -​

[SEXUAL ORIENTATION] Too young to care, however in the future she will find out that she is bisexual.
[CRUSHES] Matilda did have a crush on one boy in her Primary school, however he too believed she was a freak and she soon started to hate the idea of ever being in a relationship. She thinks that they are too judgemental and fragile, like a bomb ready to explode if someone says or does the wrong thing. She is very well educated in the matter considering she has never been in a relationship. Watching her parents engage in conversations and arguments has taught her all the information she needs to know.
[RELATIONSHIP STATUS] Too young to care.
[FLINGS] None.
[EX'S] None.
[SPOUSE] None.

tumblr_m9bowlNgcY1rybfwfo3_500.gif

L I K E S ;; D I S L I K E S ;; W A N T S ;; A S P I R A T I O N S
We all fear something. Others are just better at hiding their emotions than others. Those who cry are not weak, they have simply been strong for
too long. Everyone in this world should be understanding of everyone's personal preferences. Each to our own, we seek enjoyment from different things,
and it should not be something we judge one another upon. It should be a happy thing.
- - - - {♥} F A V O U R I T E T H I N G S {♥} - - - -​

[FAVOURITE COLOUR] Navy Blue. Matilda feels relaxed upon seeing this colour. It brings her warmth, despite blue being one of the cold colours. She sees the warmer colours (red, yellow, orange) as fierce and cruel, a little like her bullies and other people she dislikes. Blue, however, shows compassion and knowledge. Upon finding out about the Hogwarts houses, she discovered that Ravenclaw's colours included blue. This heightened her love for the colour and the house even more. Being a child, she is quick to judge things, and if something is blue it generally means it is safe or a good thing.
[FAVOURITE NUMBER] 4. It is the number of leaves on a lucky four leaf clover and it reminds Matilda of finding one when she was seven. She treasures this and still keeps it locked away in a special place in her room. She believes that it really can bring her luck, for instance she found out she would be attending Hogwarts the day after she found it in her back garden. Despite her luck running out soon after this event, she still believes it may have been the clover's magic entirely that gave her the powers to be a Witch. As she grows older, she will begin to see differently, however her young mind believes whatever it wishes to believe, and sometimes it is best not to argue with these things.
[FAVOURITE NAME] Abby. Matilda is sure she will call her child Abby if she has a baby girl. She is not sure why this name is such an important one to her, or why it jumps out, but she has this feeling about it. Like it's special or will mean something to her in the future. Perhaps she will gain a good friend called Abby, or someone called Abby will do a good favour for her. She is yet to find out, and it is most likely that nothing will become of this name at all. As time goes by, the chances are she will slowly forget she even liked the name in the first place.
[FAVOURITE DAY] Sunday. It's the most relaxing day of the week, and Matilda has plenty of time to do her homework without having to worry about going anywhere. As her Father is usually away at work and her Mother is attending photoshoots and meeting (being a photographer), Matilda is usually dragged along with her. She will generally sit in the corner being antisocial towards everyone, simply because she despises how her Mother treats her. They have plenty of money and yet she refuses to pay for a babysitter. Matilda cannot understand this, however her Mother simply cares for her too much to let her out of her sight for one minute.
[FAVOURITE SEASON] Summer. She loves the warm summer nights in Italy, though sometimes she agrees it can get a little too hot. She copes with the heat well, and doesn't find it unpleasant unless it is extreme. Often Matilda will lay out under the stars in her huge back garden, gazing up and wondering how far away they are. She loves the clear nights as all the planets and constellations are easy to see, and she enjoys seeing how many she can name from memory.
[FAVOURITE WEATHER] Thunder. In the summery nights of Italy, it often thunders. Whilst her Mother becomes rigid and fearful during this weather, Matilda absolutely adores it and will often stand outside (ignoring the shouts from her Mother about how wet her clothes are getting) until she is soaked through. She is also amazed by the natural occurrence that causes thunder, and her eagerness to learn makes thunder even more fascinating and interesting to her.
[Favourite Food] Blueberries. Not only are they blue(!), they are juicy, tasty and go very well when paired with a warm Summer's evening. Their taste is refreshing, as Matilda is a very picky eater and will often choose the healthier option if given it. For example, she would eat fruit over biscuits. That said, she does very much enjoy eating unhealthily every now and then, she just feels she needs to maintain good health by eating natural foods.
[FAVOURITE ANIMAL] Unicorn. Though she has never seen one, she thinks they are wonderful animals, and upon hearing that they really did exist and had amazing magical properties, she adores them even more and cannot wait to see one some day. She would also love to see a centaur, preferably up close in the forbidden forest her Father had told her never to visit. Despite her fear of being injured, to Matilda it is worth the risk to see such magical creatures up close. To talk to a centaur would make her day, possibly even her week.
[FAVOURITE PLACE] School library. It is warm, comforting and has a wonderful smell of old books about it. She cannot WAIT to see the library at Hogwarts, as she has heard many things about it. Matilda loves to devour books one after the other, and often reads more complicated books than people would expect her to be able to read. Despite not being English, she can read better English than Italian and therefore has no trouble at all in English libraries.
[FAVOURITE PERSON] Matilda does not really have anyone she looks up to. Between her Mother and Father, she would probably choose her Father, however neither of them are people she would want to be like. When she attends Hogwarts, she imagines that one of the Professors will end up being her favourite person. That or a fellow Ravenclaw, should she get sorted into that house.
- - - - {♥} W O R S T T H I N G S {♥} - - - -​

[WORST COLOUR] Red. It makes Matilda think of devils, or bullies in her class. She feels that it is a very vicious colour, and despite being thought of when people think of love, she believes it defines love as what it truly is - dangerous. It is also the colour of blood, which she is extremely fearful of. Therefore, the colour red induces fear in her for no real reason.
[WORST NUMBER] 1. It is a very lonely number, and Matilda believes nobody should ever have to be alone, even though she herself often finds herself with nobody to talk to except her doll. She doesn't just dislike this number, she hates it with a passion. Although her opinions of love may lead people to people she likes being alone, she believes everyone should be in a pair, even if it just friendship instead of romance. This way, everyone would be happier and the world would be a slightly better place.
[WORST NAME] Tilly. Not only is it the name of her worst bully, she is also often nicknamed this by people who do not like her as they know it will aggravate her to no end. Her Father will often call her this if he is upset with her, though she dare not ask him to stop in case he shouts again.
[WORST DAY] Monday. It is often her Mothers busiest day, which means her evening are often spent in the corner of meetings of photoshoots, twiddling her thumbs and secretly wishing she had a phone so that she could text some acquaintances from school and not feel like such a freak for not having one. Apparently they are a safety hazard and those who own them are 'twits'.
[WORST SEASON] Winter. Matilda finds it very hard to get warm, and when the temperature drops she often catches colds very quickly and becomes a little grouchy. When the days are shorter and the sky is cloudier, it is harder for her to stay up late or watch the stars in the sky at night. Matilda stays indoors during most of the Winter, wrapped up warm and reading books in front of the fire. Still, she would much rather be reading them outside in the daylight.
[WORST WEATHER] Foggy/cloudy. Not only can she not look up at the stars at night when it is cloudy, fog or mist that distorts Matilda's vision distresses her as she always likes to know where she is. Being lost is something she fears and fog makes it all the more likely for her to wind up not knowing which way to go. Any fog is bad, however the kind where you can't see your hand in front of your face is the worst sort to Matilda.
[WORST ANIMAL] Snake. Matilda likes animals that are harmless, cute and cuddly. That way, she has no chance of being injured and can cuddle close to them for warmth and comfort when she's lonely (which is most of the time). Snakes, however, go against both of those rules. Not only can they have fatal poisonous bites, they are also in no way cuddly. If Matilda saw a snake, it would take all her effort not to run in the opposite direction.
[WORST PLACE] Home. It's strange for someone to dislike the place most people go to feel safe and comfortable, however Matilda would much rather be outside playing, even if she was alone. However, she is rarely allowed anywhere other than her back garden, school and business visits. Plus, her parents are extremely strict and want Matilda to be just like them. Matilda would rather be herself, thank you very much.
[WORST PERSON] Her Mother. Most girls say that their Mothers are their best friends. Matilda could say the complete opposite. She knows how much of a miracle she is to her, but wishes that sometimes she could understand that young girls need to have interaction with others, need to go shopping and need to get a bit muddy in the garden every now and then. Her Mother, however, would not be having any of that, and will always see to it that Matilda is safety within the confinement of their huge house, or playing in the garden (but not in the mud).
- - - - {♥} W A N T S & F E A R S {♥} - - - -​

[WANTS] Be good at everything she does. Matilda can't stand doing things wrong, whether it's in the house or at school. Upon making mistakes, she tends to cry or get very embarrassed and apologize more times than is necessary. Matilda is a very keen learner, and therefore she wishes to impress everyone with her hard work. Even though she likes keeping things to herself, she enjoys the gratification of doing things correctly and people showing her how proud they are of her efforts. Therefore, whatever she does in life, she wants to do it to the best of her ability and not make any mistakes.
See a unicorn. Matilda would love to see two animals when she attends Hogwarts - a Unicorn and a Centaur. This will, however, mean she will most likely have to travel deep into the forbidden forest. She is aware of this, and therefore seeing these creatures is high on her list of wants, as it is something that will be difficult to achieve and all the more rewarding when she finally gets to see them.
Be somebody. Though the life of her parents seems very dull to her, Matilda does in fact want to be well known for what she does. This is because she knows she has a great mind and wants to help others with it and put it to good use. She is very academic and arty, and believes that some day people will know her name because she does her job (whatever it may be) so well.
Friends. One would be lovely, however Matilda would LOVE to have a little group of friends that genuinely cared about her and how she felt. Nobody in her life has ever cared about her feelings, and she does not even truly know what being cared about feels like. She hopes that once she attends Hogwarts, she will meet people as her Mother will not have the ability to control her whereabouts. If they do not think she is a freak because of her height, which they shouldn't considering they may understand she is a part goblin, then they may well befriend her and Matilda would be the happiest girl on earth.
Write a novel. Being the arty sort, Matilda loves to paint, draw and write. She is not as skilled at drawing or writing as she is painting, however would love to some day write her own story. She loves to read, and is amazed at the pure talent authors have and the way they can make you feel like you're actually living the life of the characters in the book. She wishes she had this talent, and though happy with the one she has, would like to write a novel, even if it is not as high in standards as those on the library shelves.

[FEARS] Being lost. Matilda likes to know where she is AT ALL TIMES. When faced with a situation in which she does not know the way home or the way back to safety, she often becomes distressed and will become fearful. Being lost is one of the only circumstances in which she actually wishes she could be at home, as despite not liking it there, she knows where she is and is comforted by that fact. Growing up and moving out of her house or being at Hogwarts will probably be a frightening experience for the poor girl, but she will soon become accustomed to her new surroundings.
Blood. Matilda has an extreme irrational fear of blood. She cannot tell why she adopted this fear, but it does affect her life in many ways. If something poses a risk of injuring her, she will avoid it at all costs, such as dangerous sports or animals. Any situation that could cause her to be faced with blood, she will turn away from or back out of. Upon seeing blood, Matilda usually turns pale and passes out. Despite this, she is not particularly scared of needles, though she's not fond of them (but who is)?
Failing. Matilda is terrified of getting things wrong or making mistakes. It may well be because her upbringing meant she had to be perfect all the time or she would be sternly scolded by her father. She would shake and cry when being told off, and now feels like if she does not get things right she will be faced with a punishment or people will think badly of her.
Being alone. Though faced with this for most of her childhood, Matilda still fears being alone. She needs the company of others or else she becomes very unhappy and feels neglected by those around her who should really care about her, such as her parents. Whilst her parents do care about her, they go about it in such a strange way that it feels more like they are punishing her for living her life. Matilda does not know how she will cope if she does not make friends at Hogwarts, as she will have absolutely nobody left to turn to.
- - - - {♥} S T R E N G T H S & W E A K N E S S E S {♥} - - - -​

[STRENGTHS] Knowledge. Matilda is a bright, quick learner who absorbs information like a giant sponge. She adores learning new things and is excited by the prospect of reading as many books as she possibly can when she attends Hogwarts. The more Matilda learns, the more she feels like she has accomplished, which is something she often needs to feel to be comfortable with herself. If she was not so intelligent, she may not feel as though she had any purpose whatsoever.
Memory. All that intelligence would go to waste if she could not remember what she had learned. Matilda has an excellent memory, though this is sometimes less of a gift than a curse when it comes to remembering her childhood, as she can recite in detail the things her Father has shouted at her when she did something wrong as a young girl. However, in times of learning this skill is put to good use, and she can surprise people with how much she can remember.
Art. Matilda loves hands on things (as long as they don't involve the risk of getting hurt). Reading, writing, art and drawing are her main talents (in order of skill/enjoyment). Though not usually a strength, Matilda can use these to her advantage as she can impress people with them. She also finds a lot of comfort within books, as she can pretend the characters are really her friends, even though she knows it's a little stupid.
Dialects. Because of her good memory, Matilda is skilled at picking up, reading and speaking new dialects. By the age of ten, she could already speak fluent Italian and English, and in the future hopes to learn more languages to broaden her knowledge and range of tongues.

[WEAKNESSES] Social life. Though Matilda longs for friends, when faced with a situation in which she must speak to others, she often finds herself blurting out the wrong things and losing any chance of being friends with that person that she may have had. She is also a little embarrassed by her height, giving her another reason to hate talking to others. The topic of it usually comes up somewhere or another, and she has to explain miserably how her Father is half-goblin.
Sport. Matilda will enjoy Quidditch at Hogwarts, however other sports she often fails miserably at. In fact, she may end up finding that she is no good at Quidditch, either, which would be very disappointing. Not only is she dreadful at sports, she tires quickly and fears that she may injure herself while moving around, causing her to see blood.
Confidence. In the future, Matilda's confidence will grow and she will realize that it is not all that hard to stand up for yourself, no matter how short you may be. Unfortunately, at the moment she cannot see this and lacks the confidence she really needs. This is caused by her lack of social interaction with others and her fear of failing or getting things wrong. She would hate to upset others, as it would hurt her deeply as well and she would therefore have made a mistake. It is a vicious cycle she finds it hard to get out of.

34y4oxf.gif

;; P E R S O N A L I T Y ;; S O U L ;; I M P R E S S I O N S ;;
This is how I act. Actions speak louder than words, and none of us are perfect. I hope to never offend others, even when I feel they
deserve it. Some people don't know how to be nice. I pity them. They'll learn some day that you can't treat people like that, or you'll end
up being the one that nobody likes. And it will be your fault.
- - - - {♥} F I V E W O R D S {♥} - - - -

{♥} S M A R T {♥} A W K W A R D {♥} L O N E R {♥} A R T I S T I C {♥} R E B E L L I O U S {♥}
{♥} A T T I T U D E {♥}​

[SMART] Matilda has an amazing mind, and though she does not brag about her intelligence, knows the full value of this gift she has. Her parents do not entirely understand how clever she is, as they are only really interested in their personal lives instead of wondering how their only daughter is getting on. Matilda is sure that in the years she will spend at Hogwarts, her intelligence will finally be appreciated and won't go to waste. She would love to leave with top OWLs and NEWTs so that she can feel she has accomplished something. Being smart, she is often singled out for being at the top of her class, however she would never reveal that she is talented. Being the center of attention is the last thing she could possibly want, as she prefers to keep to herself. Matilda often has her head buried in a book, which satisfies her parents since they like to know where she is at all times.

[AWKWARD] Around other human beings, Matilda finds herself feeling very socially awkward. Though she tries her best to interact with her schoolmates, she stumbles over her words and says inappropriate things when really she was just trying to be kind. She often appears rude by accident since she has had no practice talking to people her age. Whilst being faced with a situation where she must talk to others, Matilda may turn pink and stutter or look down at the floor, feeling very awkward and not knowing what to say. The way she acts is also awkward, since most girls her age are more interested in make up than reading, whereas Matilda enjoys nothing more than learning and reading. Others often consider her a freak for this behaviour. Her unusual height also makes her feel very awkward, as others sneer at her or believe she has a birth defect which caused her to be so short. She has been called named such as 'Mutation' and 'Dwarf' by people in her school because of this. Matilda did not used to mind her short height, however after her school experiences she was left wishing more than anything that she could just be a tiny bit taller and lose her silly pointed ears.

[LONER] This trait is not by choice. Matilda is house bound by her Mother except when she needs to take Matilda with her on important meetings and photoshoot sessions. Her Mother is VERY over protective, over cautious, over worrying and over careful. She will not let Matilda out of her sight, and will always pick Matilda up from school, despite only living two minutes away. The other children often laugh at her for being such a loner, and she does not have friends at her Primary school.

[ARTISTIC] Besides reading and writing, Matilda has a passion for painting, drawing and writing. Painting, however, is her main skill and when given a brush and a blank canvas, Matilda can picture a beautiful scene to paint before she has even started it. That said, she is only ten and her painting skills will improve as she grows up, should she keep practising when she attends Hogwarts. She hopes to, though fears there may not be any art lessons there, since it does not involve magic. She will remember to pack some watercolours and a big pad of art paper when she leaves, though.

[REBELLIOUS] The only reason Matilda is rebellious is because she has been confined for so long, brought up with so many rules and regulations that she simply wants to break free from that life and do everything she has dreamed of. Visiting the forbidden forest is top on her list of things to do that she is not allowed, and if she ever sees the opportunity to, she will escape from the house for a little while and enjoy the fresh air without having to be confined to her back garden. This rebellious streak often continues into other daily activities, and could cause her some trouble at Hogwarts, though she cannot wait to cause mischief when she attends.

[ATTITUDE] During Matilda's first year she develops a bit of an attitude. Having not been around many people her age before, she is unaware that the way she acts may come across as rude or as though she has an attitude. Despite this, at heart she is a kind girl who only needs to learn how to control her emotions, though she will probably keep her slight attitude for years to come - it's just a part of her she was born with. If you'd been house bound for years on end, you'd have an attitude as well.
- - - - {♥} G E N E R A L {♥} - - - -​

Generally, Matilda is shy, reserved girl with the ability to cause trouble and stand up for herself if she should ever feel it was necessary. The thing is, attention is something she will avoid at all cost and therefore she does not often cause trouble by reacting to people's comments about her. Plus, she knows it would simply give them the satisfaction that they had hurt her if she retaliated. She learnt this, along with many other things, from reading books, and her mind is very broad and sharp already since she has picked up so much information simply from reading. Her knowledge on relationships, friendship, business, money, politics and many other things is already more refined than that of someone five years older than her. She is socially awkward around others and does not know how to act, and fears that she will be rejected by people, as nobody in her life has truly accepted her as of yet. Since she is so house bound, Matilda loves the outdoors and tries to get out as much as possible, much to her Mother's dismay.
Since she fears rejection, making friends will be hard for Matilda. She will be very cautious of everyone who tries to befriend her (if they ever do try), as she is immediately afraid that everyone who is nice is out to hurt her. She most likely picked up this trait from her Mother, though most of the time she can see that her Mother is absolutely irrational, not to mention annoying. She believes, though, that being cautious of others is not necessarily a bad thing. It means she will be less likely to get hurt by jumping into friendship or other relationships that are fake or will not last.
Since she believes everyone is out to hurt her, she will also likely not even attempt to make friends. Her awkward nature means that only a few particular people will see her for the lovely girl she is, instead of the awkward, clutzy, slightly arrogant girl who has been the result of years of no social contact. She needs to find someone who will bring her out of her shell.

102uhro.gif

;; F A M I L Y ;; H I S T O R Y ;; B A C K G R O U N D ;;
The past is a good indication of how the future will be. But I believe we should live in the present, ever though it can
often be a scary time. It is the time that we need to experience the most. At least you have a loving family to experience the
present with. Some of us have nothing but a trace of what should have been.
- - - - {♥} F A M I L Y {♥} - - - -​
<FONT font="times new roman">

[/center]
90v8cw.jpg

[MOTHER]
[NAME] Cinzia Marta Undersee
[AGE] 35
[HERITAGE] Italian
[BLOOD STATUS] Half Blood
[OCCUPATION] Photographer
[HOUSE] Hufflepuff Graduate
[RELATIONSHIP STATUS] Married
2mcg9ee.jpg

[FATHER]
[NAME] Frédéric Batiste Undersee
[AGE] 41
[HERITAGE] French
[BLOOD STATUS] Mixed Blood
[OCCUPATION] Beauxbatons DADA Professor
[HOUSE] Gryffindor Graduate
[RELATIONSHIP STATUS] Married
[OTHER] Half Goblin
2yv9dg7.gif

[UNCLE] (Father's side)
[NAME] Mark Undersee
[AGE] 50
[HERITAGE] French
[BLOOD STATUS] Mixed blood
[HOUSE] Durmstrang & Slytherin Graduate
[RELATIONSHIP STATUS] Divorced
[OTHER] Half Goblin
2m44yyp.gif

[AUNT] (Father's side)
[NAME] Céline Undersee
[AGE] 45
[HERITAGE] French
[HOUSE] Beauxbatons Graduate
[RELATIONSHIP STATUS] Single
[OTHER] Half goblin
34r6tub.gif

[AUNT] (Father's side, by marriage)
[NAME] Janice Harriet Linley (Maiden)
[AGE] 46
[HERITAGE] French
[BLOOD STATUS] Half blood
[OCCUPATION] Professional Quidditch seeker
[HOUSE] Ravenclaw Graduate
[RELATIONSHIP STATUS] Divorced</SIZE>
[td]
2elcsis.jpg

[GRANDMOTHER] (Father's side)
[NAME] Adéle Undersee
[AGE] 77
[HERITAGE] French
[BLOOD STATUS] Half blood
[OCCUPATION] Retired
[HOUSE] Slytherin Graduate
[RELATIONSHIP STATUS] Widowed[/td][td]
34t4uww.png

<SIZE size="50">[GRANDFATHER] (Father's side)
[NAME] Ragwit
[AGE] Unknown
[BLOOD STATUS] Goblin
[OCCUPATION] Unknown
[OTHER] Deceased
[/td][td]
2mcjeck.gif

[COUSIN] (Father's side)
[NAME] Sinclair Undersee
[AGE] 24
[HERITAGE] French
[OCCUPATION] Unemployed
[HOUSE] Beauxbatons Graduate
[OTHER] Part Goblin
[/td]
[tr][td]
2h3mwyx.gif

[COUSIN] (Father's side)
[NAME] Rue Gabriella Undersee
[AGE] 22
[HERITAGE] French
[OCCUPATION] Muggle School Teacher
[HOUSE] Durm&Beaux&Hufflepuff Grad
[OTHER] Part Goblin
[/td][td]
2utlul1.gif

[COUSIN] (Father's side)
[NAME] Nephrolepis Undersee
[AGE] 15
[HERITAGE] French
[OCCUPATION] Student
[HOUSE] Gryffindor 5th year
[RELATIONSHIP STATUS] Single
[OTHER] Part Goblin

[/td][/tr]

tumblr_mprza2GrQW1qccrzto3_r3_500.gif

</FONT>
- - - - {♥} H I S T O R Y {♥} - - - -​

On April 20th 2019, Cinzia Undersee was pronounced infertile and was told she would never be able to have children. Of course, she and her husband Frédéric were absolutely distraught. What was a fancy house, a good income and a perfect lifestyle without a child of your own? Their only alternatives were adoption or unnatural means of becoming pregnant, and they both agreed that it was ethically incorrect to do something like that for the sake of having a child. Three years later, Cinzia woke up to terrible nausea which did not subside for several days. She was confused as to why these symptoms had suddenly arisen, though completely ruled out the possibility that she could be pregnant since her doctor had been so sure that it would never happen. However, when the sickness, headaches and other symptoms did not subside all week, she decided to take a trip to another doctor for a second opinion. She was already a month pregnant. What the doctors could not understand was why her baby was not developing as quickly as a foetus of that age would normally. They decided to wait and see what happened, since apart from the abnormal size of the tiny baby, it was healthy and there was nothing else wrong with it.

Cinzia never returned for check-ups. She knew that her baby would be tiny, considering her Husband was half goblin and he was indeed very short too. She feared that had she gone back to the doctors, they would have suggested aborting the baby since it would not have a fulfilling life, and that it's growth would always be stunted. Cinzia could not care less that her child had goblin blood - she was over the moon that she had ever been able to get pregnant at all. This child was her miracle baby, and it could have had four arms and it wouldn't have bothered her in the slightest. Eight long months later, Cinzia gave birth to a beautiful baby girl in St Mungos hospital. She had to have her child here as a Muggle hospital would have been too confused about the baby's growth. In St Mungos however, all Cinzia needed to do was explain that her daughter had goblin blood, and the doctors could then run the necessary tests to make sure she was healthy. Cinzia and Frédéric decided to call their miracle baby Matilda. Cinzia gave her the middle names Bea and Honey as she had nicknamed her daughter honeybee, but did not want her child to become ridiculed (though she perhaps did not think about the fact her chlid would be ridiculed anyway for being so tiny).

Upon growing up, Matilda was always a slightly strange child. She was very intelligent, which may have come from her goblin blood, but her parents were unaware of this. In fact, they seemed to be unaware of her existence most of the time. The novelty of having a child soon wore off, and Matilda became more of a chore than a daughter. That isn't to say they didn't love her to pieces - they did. Unfortunately, Cinzia and Frédéric had personalities that clashes with their daughter's. They were more interested in business and their personal lives than their daughter's well being. They believed that keeping her away from others and preventing her from coming to any harm was the best thing they could do for her. Cinzia would often have to drag Matilda out to photoshoot sessions, where Matilda would sit quietly in the corner reading a book. Matilda often went unappreciated in the Undersee household. They did not know what a wonderful, talented daughter they had, and they were ruining her childhood by keeping her indoors and away from others.

Matilda knew she was a 'miracle baby', as she had found documents in her Mother's filing cabinet stating that she could not have children. Upon questioning her Mother about whether she was adopted or not, she was quickly told the truth. Whilst Matilda felt special to be alive, she was also very unhappy throughout her childhood. Her parents did not let her socialize with people out of school, and whilst at school, Matilda was the laughing stock of the class. Her tiny height and intelligent mind caused a lot of rumours and comments to be made. She was called deformed, mutated and a failed abortion. This caused Matilda to become a very awkward, confined girl who is not trusting of others.

tumblr_mprza2GrQW1qccrzto4_r2_500.gif

;; S K E T C H B O O K ;; A N D ;; D I A R Y ;;

2cz6b92.png
29on4vl.png
2usaa76.png
685z5z.png
15haib.png
34rbxav.png

March 26th 2033 said:
Dear Diary,

I got called a deformed brat today. I don't even know what that means, but I'm not sure that I even want to know. I hope Mother doesn't find my diary, she would definitely go mental. For one thing, I'm not writing completely correctly and she would probably have a go at me for not being formal. I hate to think bad things about people, but sometimes it is hard to keep it all inside me. Often I consider telling Mother about what happens at school, or even Father. I have read it in books too many times, people becoming very unhappy because of bullying. I don't think I'm weak like that though. Should I stand up for myself? My Mother would have a fit for sure if she found out I'd started a fight with someone in the playground!
You know what though, I think I shall just keep it to myself. After all, next year I will finally be attending Hogwarts. It's this magical school where only Witches and Wizards like me are allowed to go. All the children at my school are called muggles. It certainly suits Tilly to be called a muggle. It sounds ugly like her silly blond hair! Oh dear, I'm at it again, thinking bad things about people. Well, they're always speaking badly of me, so why should I sit around and let them walk all over me? If I cannot say it to their face, I may as well write it down. It is not as though they will ever stumble across my diary. I shall keep it under my mattress, where my Mother will never find it. I change my own bed, as she is usually too busy to do chores around the house like other Mothers.
If my Mother was not so busy, I wonder if she and I would have a better relationship. She is always concerned and worried about her job. She gets all frowny sometimes, like she's trying to get her eyebrows to touch together. I think it's probably about her work. When I grow up, I'm going to be an artist. Or an author. I will make people happy with my work so that they do now frown like my Mother does, they will smile instead and I will bring them happiness. Then perhaps I will have a purpose.
Father says I think too much for a ten year old. I think he may be right, but I cannot help the way I am. He seems to think that children my age should be thinking about toys, not about their future career or books. I find it too hard to agree with this, though I usually agree with most things Father says. It keeps him happy. He gets very angry sometimes, and I don't like it when he raises his voice. But soon, I will be even taller than him! He is a very small part goblin, and I am almost as tall as him already. I don't think he will like that. Oh well, he will still be stronger.
I should go now. Mother wants me to go with her to another one of those silly sessions. I don't see why I cannot stay at home. There is a wonderful library here and it is one of the only good things about the house. I have read every book in it, but I have started again and it is easy to forget the first books once you have read so many. She's calling me now, if I make her late she will be mad with me.
Farewell,
Matilda xoxoxoxox

April 4th 2033 said:
Dear Diary,

I do not think words can sum up quite how horrible today has been. Today I 'tripped' at school and badly grazed my leg. I did not tell Mother that I would not have tripped if Megan hadn't put her foot out, but she did not need to know that. She would think I was causing trouble and maybe even keep me home from school. If that happened, I might go crazy. I have read about people going crazy when they are kept inside for too long. Perhaps I should read those to Mother, then she might let me play with the others outside. I can hear them now, they are riding on their bicycles and having a lot of fun. Sometimes I pretend I am royal, and I cannot go out because the paparazzi would swarm me and take lots of picture for the newspapers. I used to check the papers every day in case I was in them, but now I am older I realize that it is just make believe, which means it is in my head.
Did you know that at Hogwarts they have Unicorns? Mother took some of Father's old books down from the loft for me today. They are the ones he had when he was at Hogwarts. I have learnt so much already, and Hogwarts sounds SO interesting! I would love to be a Ravenclaw. They sound just like me, and I think I may even make friends there. If they do not ridicule me about my height, of course. Ravenclaw is for intelligent, keen learners just like me. I love to read and write, so I will be right at home I think. Maybe that is why they are called Houses, because where you are put feels like home. I would certainly not want to be a Slytherin, I have heard that the darkest Witches and Wizards usually come from there. That does not mean they are all bad, though. I do not like to be stereotypical and I am sure there are some lovely Slytherins who are just ambitious, too.
It is tea time. Mother is cooking pasta, and I love pasta. She cooks it so it is still a little bit tough, which is called al dente, I think.
I will write soon, I promise!
Matilda xoxoxo

May 1st 2033 said:
Dear Diary,

A girl looked at me today in Art class. I think she was impressed with my work. I thought she was going to say something but then she looked embarrassed and turned away. I don't know why, maybe she thought that if she hung around with me, other people would start to tease her as well. Perhaps she is better off away from me anyway, I seem to make everything go wrong. Even my parent's lives. Apparently I am the reason that they never have time for each other any more. What happened to having time for me? I don't think Mother or Father have ever spared any time to play with me. It is a shame, since I would love a friend, even if it was just my parents.
Still, nobody laughed at me today which was good. I think maybe I had a frown on and that's why they stayed away. They thought I would have a go at them if they came near me! I like it when they think that. I would frown more often but Mother does it and she doesn't look very pretty when she's frowny. Mother is very pretty, I hope that one day I can be as beautiful as her. Perhaps I will be like the ugly duckling who one day turns into a swan. I am part goblin though, so I doubt I will ever be quite as pretty as her.
I wonder if special Wizard doctors could suck the goblin blood right out of me and then I would be a normal human. Then again, they might accidentally take my normal blood instead and I could end up just being a goblin! That would be awful. I hope Father doesn't find this, he will be very offended and angry at me. Mother hasn't found it yet, which is surprising I think because she is quite a nosy person. It is just lucky that she does not come into my room very often, or she may have seen it and told me off for all the bad things I have written about people in it.
I am so tired. I am sorry about my handwriting, it is ten o'clock at night and that is way past my bed time. I have to sleep at eight, and I sometimes go earlier because there is not much to do here. Once when I was REALLY young, I drew on the walls and Mother almost cried. I think she prefers her house over me.
Goodnight
Matilda xoxoxoxo

May 6th 2033 said:
Dear Diary,

I saw somebody upset today at school and I almost went over just to make fun of them. I think that is a bad thing. Maybe the bullies have provoked something in me which was always there and I am actually just a horrible person like them. I did not tease him, I went over to try and make him feel better but he got up and walked away when I sat down next to him.
A girl called Stacey joined Megan and Tilly in their little gang today. Stacey has ginger hair. I think she joined them so that she didn't get bullied herself. She is new, you see, so she probably wanted to get on the right side of the people who might try and make her look stupid. She is a little cow too, just like the others. Maybe I am wrong and she just wants to be a bully like them. Or she got bullied in her old school and now she feels like she has to bully here so that it doesn't happen again. I hope that is not what is happening to me. I know I am not a very good person but I do not want to hurt anyone.
Father had a break from work recently. He injured himself at Beauxbatons and was in St Mungos. Now he is taking some time to rest back at home. Mother is looking after him. She has even taken some time off work to tend to him while he is unwell. I don't think Mother has ever taken time off work to look after me, not even when I had chickenpox. She got a babysitter to look after me.
Even though he is tired, Father is still as snappy as ever. I even heard him be snappy with Mother yesterday. I have not heard that before. He told me off for having his Hogwarts books out and told Mother to put them back in the loft. I still had one left to read, so I am very sad. I think it is because Father does not want me filling my head with things when I am so young. He cannot see that it is what I want, or that it is good for me.
I had better go. Father might come in again and it is late so he will tell me off for being up. I hate to make him angry, he slams doors and it makes me jump a bit. Not that I'm scared or anything.
Nighty night. I cannot write for a while as Father has taken away my books including my diary. I am writing this on a scrap of paper. Maybe Mother will buy me a new one some day. I hope so, because I love writing.
Matilda x

tumblr_mprza2GrQW1qccrzto1_r1_500.gif

;; R O L E P L A Y S ;; A N D ;; F R I E N D S ;;

- - - - {♥} R O L E P L A Y S {♥} - - - -​

- - - - {♥} U N S O R T E D {♥} - - - -

Home is not where the heart is.
Matilda manages to escape from her holiday home near Brightstone village for a little while. She runs until she finds a small park, in which she sits peacefully for a while. It is not long before she is greeted by an aquaintance, Alison Kingswood, though her lack of social interaction with children her age causes Matilda to be more than a little awkward about the whole situation.

An Hour of Freedom
Matilda climbs over the white walls of her home near Brighstone village and promply crashes straight into a young boy of her age. He helps her hide, and the two of them begin talking on the grass down the street. Matilda is shocked to have met someone who seems to care about her. Will the friendship last?

- - - - {♥} F I R S T Y E A R {♥} - - -

It's all so new
Matilda meets Lewis Northman and Kate Kingswood in the Ravenclaw common room. Will any friendships blossom for the awkward part goblin? -IN PROGRESS-

<FONT font="times new roman">- - - - {♥} S E C O N D Y E A R {♥} - - -

Do Badgers Fly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back