Mates

Siddalee Simon

OOC First Name
Hannah Banana
Wand
Holly Wand 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Sidda was sitting bt the lake, watching the Giant Squid. She loved being outdoors, although hated how cold it was and the fact that she was wearing a hat, cloak, scarf and gloves and was still cold. She pulled up her knees, resting her chin on them and wrapped her cloak more closely around herself. Sidda was singing to herself, trying to keep practising her singing, so that her voice would stay "in shape" as her singing instructor had put it. She hoped that no-one would think she was weird, sitting by herself, mouthing words.

Seth had never liked the cold since he was a young boy. He remembered the piles of snow where he lived, and the bad experiences he had with it. He thought it would snow less in New Zealand but to his astonishment, he snowed much more than it did at home. Seth had spent all his time indoors, not wanting to find himself acquainting with the snow. But after days in the castle, Seth got pretty bored and now found himself outdoors, little bits of snow falling on the top of his head. Seth smiled, looking at the calming waters of the lake. It was fantastic how the water never froze, even though it was really cold. He could make out a figure from where he was, and Seth could tell it was definitely a girl.

Seth was in his friendly mode at the moment, so he walked up towards the girl. Upon walking nearer and nearer to her, he realized it was just Siddalee. She was singing, and Seth thought her singing was really good.

"Hey Sid, guess who?" he asked with a smile.

Sid stopped singing when Seth came over. "Ummm.....who could it be? the milkman??? The HEadmaster? The sorting hat? no, its...Sethels!" Sid teased, then laughed. "What-cha doo-ing?" she asked. She noticed that a bit of snow was falling, and tipped her head back, sticking out her tongue to try and catch a snowflake.

Seth noticed that Sid had stopped singing just to answer his question. "You have a lovely voice by the way." he added quickly with a playful grin. Seth laughed as he heard Sid's response. "Yeah, It's Sethels!" he replied, winking at the girl. "Enjoying the cold actually. What about you?" he inquired, watching Sid stick out her tongue. "If you do that long enough, your tongue can actually freeze you know that?" he asked with a evil grin. Seth then reached into the inner pocket of his coat. "Want one?" he offered, holding up some chocolate frogs.

"Thank you" Sid blushed when Sethels complimented her voice. She cursed to herself. Sometimes, she hated how easily she blushed. "I'm enjoying the cold she replied, quickly shutting her mouth when he told Sid about her tongue freezing. She did NOT want her tongue to freeze, she'd never be able to sing (or talk) again! Then she realised he was teasing her, and playfully punched his arm as she took a chocolate frog. "Who did you get?" she inquired, leaning over his shoulder to try and see, but losing her balance and falling back on the ground. "Ow!"

Seth nodded when Sid thanked him. "No problem." he replied simply, laughing when she immediately shut her mouth. The tongue-freezing thing was supposed to be a joke, but Sid took it seriously. He laughed even harder when she punched him in the arm, but he was too much of a gentleman to hit her back. "I got.." Seth replied but stopped halfway when he realized that Sid had just fell. Seth looked at her in surprise, before letting out his hand to help pull her up. "Are you okay?" he asked, trying his best not to laugh.

Sid laughed. "I'm fine. It happens all the time," Sid said, allowing Sethels to help her up. "So who'd you get? I got..." Sid looked around for her card, spotting it in the snow where she had fallen. "...Alberic Grunnion, whoever that is" she looked at Seth and shrugged.

Seth laughed, helping to pull Sid up. "I've got Dumbledore," he said with a sigh. "I have like thirteen of him. So do you want this?" he asked, holding up the Dumbledore card. "Alberic..Alberic Grunnion? Never heard of that guy." he replied with a dreamy smile. "Care for another?" he asked her, taking out more of his chocolate frogs. "Yeah I know you must think I'm some kind of weirdo, bringing chocolate frogs everywhere I go, but you never know when you might get hungry!" he continued with a laugh.

"Thanks" Sid said, taking the card. "I don't have a Dumbledore. Well, I guess now I do." Sid laughed at that. "Thank you," she said, taking another frog. "I don't think you're weird, carrying chocolate frogs. I think you're smart, and rarely hungry!" Sid smiled at Sethels, then knelt down on the ground, patting the ground next to her. "Care to join me?" she said, then, looking around her, pulled a jar filled with flames out of her cloak pocket. "i don't think I'm supposed to have this, but it's good, because my hands are often cold" Sid offered the jar to Sethels to hold. "It's nice on snowy days." Sid smiled at Seth, and realised that they had just become friends.

Seth smiled. "Like I said, It's no problem at all." he replied with another wink. "Gee, that's so sweet of you to say that. Thanks." he replied after Sid replied to his chocolate frog matter. He immediately sat down next to her, after she had invited him. He watched in interest as she took out a jar. "Wow, where do you get one of those?" he asked excitedly. "Well of course it is!" he replied enthusiastically, placing his hands a little bear the air, enjoying the warmth.

"I found the spell in one of our textbooks, and managed it on my fourth attempt. I've been carrying it with me ever since." Sid laughed. "I usually have more eyebrow than this, put it that way." She laughed again, and put her hands near the jar, enjoying the warmth. "So, how long have you played guitar?" Sid asked, remembering that Sethels was playing guitar in the band.

"In the textbooks?" Seth asked, sounding both surprised and impressed. 'Wow,' he mouthed, smiling at Sid. He had to admit, she was actually pretty cute. Seth looked up, turning to face the girl when he heard her question. "The guitar?" he asked, trying his best to remember everything.

"Let me see... I remember watching my older brother jamming with his buddies one night when I was seven I think? And I asked him to teach me. But of course, there was a deal. I had to clean his room for one month, and he would teach me. I practiced real hard after that, and here I am." he explained proudly to Sid.

Sid laughed at the fact that Sethels was impressed by such rudimentry magic. She liked him. He was cool and sweet, and the fact that he was in the band made him even cooler. "That's cool that he taught you. Although I'm not sure how hard that would be. How old was your brother at the time? Becuase if he was a teenage boy, it's likely that while cleaning his room, you would have almost died. No offence," Sid added quickly, hoping he wouldn't mind her jab at boys' untidy rooms. She winked at him, then continued. "I mean, if his room was difficult to clean, it doesn't really sound like a fair deal. But at least you learnt. And you seem really good, form what I've heard with the band. That practising must have paid off. I wish I knew how to play an instrument." Sid smiled at Seth, hoping that he understood that amongst all that rambling, there were a couple of compliments. She could tell that he was proud of himself, and thought it was cute. ;)

Seth blushed a little, after shutting his mouth. He thought he had said too much, so he immediately closed his mouth, and looked down. But Sid seemed to react normally upon hearing his explanation about him learning to play the guitar when he was younger. Seth laughed, as Sid began to ask him questions about him cleaning his older brother's room. "I have to be completely honest with you, there were times when I just wanted to give up. His room looked like a pig sty. Okay, let me rephrase that. His room was messier than a pig sty!" he explained, turning red in the face.

"But yeah, it was worth it, playing the guitar is like connecting to myself. I feel happy when I play. You know, when there's this feeling of warmth and comfort when you do something that you trully enjoy? It's something like that." he continued with a sweet smile.

"Thanks Sid." Seth replied politely after Sid had complimented him. "I could teach you how to play, but it's all up to you. I don't mind." he offered.

Sid winced and pulled faces in sympathy when Seth talked about cleaning his brother's room. She nodded when he talked about what she called "The Flaming Sparkler Effect", or the FS effect for short. "I call that feeling The Flaming Sparkler Effect, or the FS effect for short." She smiled and Seth. "I get that when I sing. Or dance, or act. Just when I'm up on stage. It's great." She lay back, so that she was looking up at the sky. Then, Seth mentioned something about teaching Sid to play guitar. She shot up again. "Are you serious? You would? I mean, if you don't mind. That would be cool! Although I have to catch up on homework first. But that would be so awesome! That way I could-" Sid broke off mid sentence, catching herself just in time.

Seth laughed when he noticed Sid's reaction. "FS?" he asked, when she replied to his feeling of warmth and comfort feelings when doing something enjoyable to one. Seth nodded understandingly as Sid explained that she felt the same way when she sang and danced on stage. Seth watched his friend Sid as she talked to him. They had so much in common. A smile formed on his face.

"Sure, I don't mind. You can just come up to me anytime you're free, and I'll teach you. And besides, playing the guitar is easy. You just have to master the basics." he said with a warm smile.

Sid grinned. It was nice, meeting someone who had a lot in common with her. Made her feel at home with Seth, because she knew how to act around him. "That would be fabulous! And once I've mastered the basics, I'll be able to write the chords for my..." Sid broke off, suddenly and obviously. She had been so caught up in Sethels teaching her guitar, she had nearly spilled her secret. She would have to be more careful. Or would she? Could she tell Seth? Would he tease her, like Chaz, Ace and Spike had when they had found out? But Sid smiled. She was partly trying to cover up her blunder, and partly was smiling because she was going to learn guitar from her best friend.

((Should Seth ask what Sid's secret is? I dunno. If you want, i could edit this, so that you have something more to respond to. If you want.))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back