Maps Galore!

Rosie Chamberlin

OOC First Name
Jessye
Wand
Fir Wand 14 1/8" Essence of Sphinx Remains
Rosie Reilly was once again settling within the library. Just about every day she was here. Rosie kind of wished she could live in here. That would make it easier getting to and from the library every day. Rosie was usually here as soon as she woke up and got some breakfast, then she stayed until it was dinner time. Sometimes even until it was time for her to be back in the Common Room. The only other places Rosie went to was her classes and sometimes the Common Room. It wasn't that she didn't like the rest of the castle or anything. It was just the fact that the library was her favorite place to be. There were so many books. Such a quiet atmosphere for her to be in, and lastly, it wasn't always packed with others. It was the perfect atmosphere for Rosie to be in. 'I suppose I should go out and make some friends. Or I could even try to find some in here.' Rosie thought to herself as she settled into one of the chairs. There was a couple of books stacked in front of her as well as some maps. Rosie was planning on updating her map if she had the time. Rosie's father gave her an enchanted map during one of their travels. Rosie just had to take it to Hogwarts with her. Whenever she traveled to somewhere she plotted it down on her map. That way a marker was placed on every single place she had ever been too. Rosie opened the map and set it down onto the table. It scaled the length of the table easily. That was just how big it was. It had to be. How else was Rosie going to be able to fit every single place she had traveled to on it? Rosie pulled one of the Geography books close to her and opened it's pages. Right now it was settled onto New Zealand. Despite the closeness of New Zealand to her home Country, she had never been there before. It wasn't until she went shopping for her school supplies that she stepped foot on New Zealand soil. Now she was also hear at Hogwarts. So that was two places she had been to. If only she could plot them on her map. But it was a lot harder than it was for most other places she plotted on her enchanted map.

'Is Hogwarts even plottable?' Rosie asked herself as she stared at the map in the book. She had no idea where Hogwarts was located at exactly. Perhaps that was the way it was desired to be. That way it would be harder for muggles to stumble upon. But Rosie didn't know. Sooner or later she was going to search for a book on the history of Hogwarts. Maybe that would help her. Rosie sighed and opened the other book on locations on New Zealand. She really wanted to add these places onto her maps. But how was she going to be able to do that if she had no idea where these places were. 'I'm kind of hungry too. Maybe that would help me think.' Rosie had skipped breakfast this morning. She wanted to get to the library as soon as possible. Now she was kind of regretting that decision. Rosie heard the sound of footsteps from behind her and turned her head. Someone else must have been inside the library. Hopefully it wasn't one of those meaner students. She hated having to deal with them.

Indiana decided it was finally time she had a look at the Library. Her older sister Georgiana had taken her on a tour of the place so she knew they general layout but they hadn't really stayed long enough. Plus the girl decided the Library wouldn't be as easy to get lost in as the Dungeons had been. It had been a scary moment when she found herself lost in the Dungeons the girl vowed never to go down there again other than for Potions. Walking into the Library she took in the smell of all the books and looked around. It was a nice set up pretty easy to manage, with a lot of straight lines. Those being the book shelves of course. Indiana had found the twisting corridors of the dungeons to be confusing and wondered why they had to be replicated like the original castle in Scotland. This being that this school would never host a royal family or similar person in the magic world and would never need a dungeon to house prisoners.

walking around the Library she found she actually did like the room even if she wasn't really into studying. She knew it would be a nice place to quietly work on her homework after classes and such. Walking around she only spotted one other person. It was girl who looked small like herself. Indiana figured she was around her age and started approach the girl. The girl had a map and it seemed like there were dots all over the continents on the map. "Hi! I'm Indiana. What're you doing to that map?" She asked unable to help her curiosity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back