Making new friends

Prithviraj Chauhan

Prithviraj had chosen the right day to come to Brightstone village.He had decided to come here on the same day when the Hogwarts students had their Brightstone weekend.He wanted to make as many Hogwarts friends as he could before he joined the school.

The streets were crowded with Hogwarts students.Prithviraj thought that he would first go to one of the shops to do some shopping and then go try to socialize.He walked up the main street looking at all the shops.But the shop that caught his eyes was Honeydukes.He had been to it when he was in Hogwarts Scotland and he wanted to go in and get his pockets full of sweets but unfortunately Prithviraj had very sensitive teeth and a tooth ache was the most common ache he ever had.He stood outside looking at the mouth watering candies.

Leslie walked slowly along the street of Brightstone watching the groups of friends running from shop to shop. After a while, she decided it would be best if she looked away so she watched the ground where she was stepping. She would be meeting her parents later but she felt more alone right now than she had done in years. In the past, when things got bad, she knew she could always count on Steph to be there for her. Steph had now abandoned her and was part of the reason she kept spending time in the hospital.
Leslie froze when she realised she was about to walk into someone. She only just missed the person so she blushed slightly and apologised. "Sorry. I didn't see you there." She smiled at the boy.

Prithviraj was thinking that a little bit of candy wouldn't hurt when someone almost walked into him he looked up to see a girl who looked like she could be his age."Oh,it's okay"He told her with an answering smile.He was sure she was the person he was looking for so he didn't hesitate to try to start a conversation."Are you from Hogwarts?"he asked her although he was very sure she was.

Leslie smiled up at the boy. He seemed nice enough. Not that Leslie was the best at making friends, but still...
"Yeah. I'm a Gryffindor second year." She grinned. She liked being in Gryffindor, it was Steph that didn't like it. "What about you??"

"I haven't joined that school yet but I am going to join next year.I will start my third year as a Gryffindor too."he told her with a grin.He was happy that he would know someone from his own house next year.He hated being a new bee anywhere but everything was new at sometime to someone."So how is that Hogwarts here?I hope the work load is a bit lighter than in Hogwarts Scotland."he said.

Leslie was glad that he was going to be a Gryffindor. She needed more friends and Slytherins weren't likely to make the cut. "I think it's probably about the same. They have the same teaching standards and stuff so it should be." Then she blushed slightly. "I'm sorry. What's your name??"

Prithviraj listened to the girl as she told me that they were almost the same.He was relieved that he wouldn't have to start all over. At least he would still be good at DADA.When the girl asked what his name was,he remembered that he had completely forgotten to introduce himself."Oh sorry,I'm Raj"he told here,"And you?"

Leslie smiled as he said his name. It was a funky name and one that she had never heard before. "I'm Leslie but you can call me Lex." Leslie had always liked being called Lex as it was what Steph used to call her so it brought back happy memories.

"Okay then Lex,"he said enthusiastically,"Actually my name is Prithviraj Chauhan but that is not something everyone can pronounce so Raj is good.I am Indian you see.And my name is even a unique one for Indians."he told her with a grin.She was probably wondering why his name was odd.

"That's a nice name." She smiled. "How is it unique??" Then she shrugged. "It's better than Leslie. I know too many people with that name. It gets kinda boring."

"Normal Indian names aren't a mouthful."he told her with a grin.He had always gotten comments that his name was too long and complex.So he had nick named himself.'Raj' was a common Indian name and it worked for a good nick name."You know it doesn't matter if your name is very common because every person is unique so two girls with the same name are never same."

"I know but it would be cool to have a more unique name. My sister has changed her name because she hates it so much." Leslie decided not to mention the fact that Steph had also changed her surname. She didn't want to trouble Raj with her problems before she'd even met him properly.

"So what are your hobbies?"he asked her wanting to know more about her.He thought it would be good to have some friends before he joined the school and this would be a great time to get to know Lex.She also seemed to be an interesting perso n to interesting to him.

"Not much really. Just reading and cooking." She shugged. "I don't really do much. I spend most of my time at home messing around with my mum. My dad's always at work and my sister hates me so mum's probably my best friend." Lex knew how this could sound pathetic but she was fine with it. "What about you??"

Raj listened as Lex told him about her hobbies.He wondered why her sister hated her but thought that it must be personal and he didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable by asking her."Well,I like almost everything about the outdoors.Hiking ,swimming, camping, hunting etc and I also like travelling and learning about different places and their histories.It's really interesting."he told her. He had a lot of travel book and history books and books about the amazing natural and man made things in different countries.His favorite place to study about was Egypt.It was just so interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back