Making a new friend

Nicolae Kobori

Nicolae was out for a walk, trying to work out a bit of his anger at the three girls before he did something he would regret. Eventually he found himself wandering in the gardens, looking at the winter foliage. Soon, he came across a bench and sat down, leaning back against the wood. He was not sure what his next move was going to be, but he was certainly going to sit and think it out for a bit. Closing his eyes, his head back, he was not aware of anyone around him.

Hilary had just gone to give Bruin his gift and decided that a walk through the gardens would be relaxing on her over active mind. They had magically changed for winter and the feeling of plants made her smile. As she stepped through the gardens she saw that they were empty except for a single person. It was a boy she did not recognize, probably from Durmstrang. Not wanting to interupt him she walked quietly over to the winter rose bush beside his bench. If he was in the mood for talking of course she was open for it, but it wasn't really her place to ruin someones moment. She picked a rose off of the bush and took a sniif, it smelled lovely.

Nic heard the bush next to him rustle and opened his eyes. He quickly looked around, making sure of who was there next to him. He smiled as he saw the small blonde looking at the roses. "Hello there. How are you?" he asked, straightening up in the bench so he could look at the girl better.

Hilary was sort of wrapped up in the scent of the rose and wasn't really expecting to be talked too. When she heard the voice she dropped the rose that was in her hand and her eyes gently met those of the boy. Drat, now he probably thinks I'm a klutz she thought not bending down to get her flower just yet. She then realized that this boy was waiting for an answer. "Oh I'm Hilary...... I mean, good" she said in a bit of a fluster trying to fight off the embaresment blush she was sure would be gracing her cheeks. More out of an act to try not to meet the boys gaze she headed towards the ground to pick up the rose. Urgg.... what a time to had a klutzy moment... she thought as she was heading towards the ground.

Nic tried not to chuckle out loud at the girl. She seemed to be a bit nervous, dropping her flower. He quickly swooped down and gathered the bloom before she was able to retrieve it. He held it to his nose, taking a sniff of the rose's bouquet. Then holding the flower out to the girl, he spoke in his heavily accented voice. "I am Nicolae. Are you from the school here?" He was not sure if she attended school in New Zealand or if she was from the other Hogwarts school. There were so many different people here, he was not sure just by looking at anyone.

When Hilary bent down to pick up her flower she realized that it wasn't there and so she stood back up and saw it held out to her. When the boy spoke she realized that his accent was not one she recognized but HNZ was a muddle of accents and students from all over. She took the rose from him and just sort of held it in her hand. Replying to the boy, quickly regaining composure and her usual smile she said, "Hi Nicolae, I'm Hilary and yeah I go to school here." She hoped that this boy wouldn't hold it against her that she was competing in the TriWizard and so she didn't mention it..... she didn't want this guy to judge her either way because she was a champion, no matter how good looking he was.

Nic smiled at the girl. She seemed harmless enough. "I am from Durmstrang. Are you from the island here then?" He was not sure of the area that attended the school here, and figured that it was time to ask. "It is a rather nice place, from what I have seen of it." He hoped that she would be able to fill him in a bit on what he was missing.

"Well actually I am originally from Canada, but I'm kind of living in England now.... but havn't been home for years." She smiled over at him and sat down on the bench beside him. "Yeah, I really like it here..... it's pretty nice, what have you seen so far?"

"I really have not seen to much," Nic replied, turning in his seat to pay more attention to the girl next to him. He was noticing how she was rather cute with her blonde hair and her blue eyes. Hmm. Maybe she will be willing to hang out with me a few times, could make things interesting around here. he thought with a smirk. "I have not really had too much time. Any suggestions on things I should not miss?"

Hilary pondered the question with a smile, "Well actually you've had a good start.... the gardens are probably one of my most favourite places on the whole grounds. So you've obviously seen the lake, as you live on it.... but there is sort of this point that sticks out into the lake with a big rock formation on it. That's probably one of the nicest places I've ever seen." She really didn't know what type of things this guy liked but she hoped to pick them up eventually, he was after all pretty hot.

He listened intently as Hilary spoke. "Yeah, I am quite familiar with the lake. I think I know the rock you are talking about. I have seen it from the deck of the boat. I tend to hang out there when I need time away from the rest of the group." Nic smiled at her. "I think that I may have to check that spot out. Does the lake freeze up solid enough to walk on during the winter here?"

Hilary smiled as the boy smiled back, "Yeah, you will definitely have to check that spot out, I could take you there if you'd like...." she gave a bit of a hopeful look. "And yes the lake freezes enough to walk and skate on.... we've got at least a couple more months before it starts melting, and then people are swimming as soon as the ice leaves"

Nic's mind started to race. "I think I would like it if you did take me there sometime. Soon. How long before the lake freezes solid?" He was thinking that this Hilary would be a great way to forget about the queen and her court that he dealt with at the ball.

Hilary smiled, this guy really was charming "Well the lake would already be frozen enough to walk on. We could head out there now if you're not really busy." Part of her hoped he wouldn't be.

Nic thought over the offer for a moment. "You know, that may not be a bad idea. I really have nothing going on right now, other than talking with you," he added with a wink, "so I think it would be fun to move it out to the lake." He stood, turning to face Hilary and extending his hand down towards her. "Shall we?" he asked with a smile.

When he extended his hand to her Hilary blushed a little, but smiled a little more and took his hand in her's. "That sounds great, lead on" She looked up at the boy and for a moment all her problems just seemed to float away.

(( :D Nic? :oy: ;;) :errm: will you start it again? :D I'm just not too pro at setting the scene :p :r: ))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back