Make the magic stop

Jessame Rose Trewelly

OOC First Name
Emmapants
Wand
Fir Wand 14 1/8" Essence of Sphinx Remains
Jessame Rose was shattered. It had been a rough winter. She hadn't owled her parents since they had told her she couldn't got home for the previous Christmas. Well, that wouldn't have been so bad, but they never sent her anything for Christmas or her birthday. Not even a note. Nada. So when they'd picked her up at the train station at the end of 2nd year, she had scowled at them and not spoken. It had taken two weeks before they could get her to say anything, and they suggested taking her out of Hogwarts and letting her go to muggle school again. J.R. knew she couldn't do that, as much as she wanted to pretend all this magic stuff had never happened. Eventually, Jess had begun talking to them again, but their relationship wasn't the same. She was too different from them. She'd always been different - even the colour of her skin was different, but that could be overcome. It was the magic that was the difference they couldn't hurdle. Jess resented it, but resigned herself to it.

On top of her problems at home, Jess was intensely lonely - having not been able to find anyone to fill the gap that Tohoru had left in her life. Of course, she didn't want him back, but she wanted someone to love. It had also been hard work all winter, stopping herself from making things happen. J.R. didn't know how everybody else controlled their magic, but she had to work hard at it. It was like it was constantly trying to get out. All she wanted to do was strangle it and watch it shrivel and die. And after all that, here she was, back at Hogwarts once more. The place she hated more than anything.

Not being able to stand staying in the castle, she went for a walk and found herself near the lake, wondering what it held. Sure, people swam in it. She'd heard silly rumours about a giant squid, but she didn't believe them. She didn't have the energy to look for interesting creatures just then, so she walked towards a rose bush nearby. When she reached it, she saw a plaque. Reading it, she was overcome with sadness. Someone else had lost their life at Hogwarts. She felt she had lost hers, too. She sad down under the tree and cried.

Lilith walked in the snow it was such a pretty day that she just could not stay inside. Even though it was freezing cold outside. Lilith just could not force herself to stay indoors. So here she was heading toward her favorite hideaway spot. Not many people came to the rosebushes and Lilith always wondered why. It was here that Eden had met and fallen in love with Chase. Lilith did not really like Chase but she liked the way that Chase made her sister feel. Rounding the bend. Lilith saw someone that looked a lot like the very last girl that Tohoru had hurt. It had to be. Eden had pointed the girl out to Lilith in the hallway. Walking up to the girl. Lilith took a seat a few feet away so not to get in here space.

"Hey is there anyway I can help?" If it was the same girl than there might not be much Lilith could do other than sit there and listen to the girl. Tohoru was a mean one. He had broken Eden's heart once upon a time and gone on to do the same to a lot of other girls but it seemed that Tohoru was starting to calm down and be the person that Eden used to talk about in her letters.

Jessame Rose heard someone walking towards her. Half of her hoped that whoever it was would just ignore her and carry on. The other half wished it would be some incredibly good-looking guy who would whisk her off her feet and make her feel happy again. Of course, she knew she wasn't pretty enough for someone to do that to. Wallowing in her self-pity as she was, it came as a surprise to hear a girl's voice. It sounded kind. J.R. looked up, quickly wiping the tears from her face with a sleeve.

The girl sitting a short way off was looking at her with concern, and it made J.R. want to cry even more. There were good people here at Hogwarts, they were just being brainwashed by the stupid school and the lure of magic. The sooner it all came to an end, the better. Taking a deep breath, Jess answered the girl, "No. Probably not. Unless you know how to turn witches into muggles." She thought for a moment and realised she knew the girl from somewhere. "You're in third year, right? Lily? I think we have classes together. I'm Jessame Rose." She had at least learned to introduce herself in a normal manner, something she'd not had the skills for when she arrived at Hogwarts two years ago.

Lilith felt pity for the girl that was crying. It was all Tohoru's fault but she knew that there was nothing she could do to fix it. All she could do was be nice to the girl. Listening as the girl told her that she did not want to be a witch anymore. "I wish I could do that but I can not. I am sorry." Lilith nodded her head. "Yes I am Lili or Lilith whichever you like better. You are JR I heard what happened." Lilith would say no more on the subject she was sure that it was a painful one and Lilith did not like people being caused pain.

It wasn't until Lilith mentioned that she knew what had happened that she made the connection. She looked up slightly shocked. "Oh! You're Eden's sister. I didn't know that before." The girl had a calming presence about her and J.R. felt silly for having been crying. She sniffed and wiped her nose on the sleeve of her jersey.

"You're lucky to have a sister here. It must make everything so much easier," she said, looking at the ground and plucking blades of new grass, fresh from the hard spring earth. "There's no-one here like me."

Lilith nodded her head. "Yea Eden is my older sister. Sometimes I wish that she was not." Lilith loved her older sister and she looked up to her but at the same time she feared her. Eden was not the same person that she had grown up with. She was different and she was changing everyday. From the looks of it Eden was changing for the worse and Lilith could do nothing to save her sister.

"If my sister was anyone other than Eden. It might br fun. Eden is a mean person in less there is a reason for her to be nice. Shes not the kind of person I would ever want to hang around with." Lilith nodded her head. "Yea I am a third year as well. I see you in class but I am trying to stay caught up in class that I can not really be social and such."

J.R. was shocked when Lilith said Eden could be mean. She would give anything for a sister like Eden... she'd only met her once, but she'd been so nice then. "She wasn't mean to me. She was really nice. Are you sure we're talking about the same person?" Then she smiled, "Social? Me neither. Not that there's much point around here. Everyone's in love with their stupid little magic sticks." She sighed and looked at Lilith. She was really very nice, much like Eden had been.

"I just wish I could go somewhere else. Somewhere normal. Did you ever go to normal school?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back