OOC First Name
Maria
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Wand
Straight 10 1/2 Inch Sturdy Hornbeam Wand with Fwooper Feather Core
Valencia had only just arrived in Hogwarts and she was just confused with all of it. She didn't understand the magic stuff or even liked the magic stuff. It just didn't make any sense to her what so ever. There were talking portraits and floating ghosts that Valencia was not expecting at all. She had decided that today, she was going to the library that they offered at Hogwarts, hoping that the library would try and distract her from all this magic stuff. She had preferred science over magic anyways. Valencia walked into the library and picked a random aisle to find a book, hoping that there was one to distract her.

Elara hadn't spent much time in libraries growing up. It wasn't that she didn't like reading, but the idea of sitting in a very quiet place for a long period of time kind of freaking her out. She was used to being around people and doing things. The Gryffindor would much rather experience than read about the world. However, she knew that she would need to spend more time in the library now that she was at school, as she didn't want to do terrible in classes. She was amazed by how many shelves of books there were. It seemed endless, and she could only imagine the kind of stories they told. As she found herself wandering through the aisles, she stopped in front of a particularly interesting looking set of books. She picked up one with a red cover, flipped through a couple pages and went to place it back. Unfortunately, she pushed too hard and knocked a few books over on the other side of the shelf. She walked around to the opposite aisle and saw a girl who had been nearby the disaster. "Sorry," she whispered and went to place the books back.

Valencia had been looking at the spins of the books, looking the titles on them to see if there were any books that had interested her when a few books beside her had begun to tumble down onto the floor. She looked around confused, did she magically do that herself and she wasn't aware? Did magic really do that? "You're alright. What were you trying to do anyways" Valencia whispers back, with a small smile and giggle, as she bent down to help the girl place the book bag to where it belongs. "What's your name?"

Elara gave the girl a small smile when she assisted in cleaning up. "I was just browsing. Is it obvious I don't spend much time in libraries?" she asked with a laugh and then quickly covered her mouth, realizing she had been a little too loud. She gave another soft laugh and introduced herself. "I'm Elara, what's yours?" she asked the girl. She recognized her from the sorting ceremony, but she didn't remember her name. There were just so many students to meet and remember.

"You're right. That was a stupid question" Valencia says with a smile and a shake of her head. What else do you do in the library aside from studying constantly and browsing for books that might interest you? Valencia let out a tiny giggle as the girl covered her quickly as she had realised that she had laughed loudly in the library. Valencia smiled at the girl and waved a little when the girl had introduced herself. The girl had looked familiar from the ceremony, but Valencia was glad that she found out the girl's name. "I'm Valencia. Do you like Hogwarts so far?"

Elara eyes widened when the girl giggled back with her. She figured most people knew how to act in a library and was surprised by her behavior. She smiled once Valencia introduced herself. "That's a really pretty name. Valencia," she said, elongating the world so she could hear it again. "Isn't that a place somewhere in Europe?" she asked the girl. She didn't think she had been there, but it sounded familiar. "I'm enjoying it for sure. I'm just a tad upset about being banned from trying out for Quidditch," the girl replied, exaggerating the fact that first years weren't allowed to try out, something she was still bitter about, "but you know, it's really fun. You're not in my house, are you?" she asked Valencia. She figured she wasn't because she didn't see her in their room, but it was possible there was another room for first years girl.

Valencia smiles. "Yeah, I think so. My parents travelled a lot so I guess that's probably why they named me that" Valencia whispers with a small giggle and a nod. She hadn't really talked to her parents about her name, but she did hear and see that there was a place that was just like her name before. Valencia looked at the girl slightly confused. "What's Quidditch?" Valencia says with some confusion. If it was some magical sport, Valencia wouldn't be too surprised but was still confused to it all. "I don't think so. I haven't seen you in my dorm or anything. I'm in Ravenclaw. What house are you in?"

Elara grinned when Valencia said her parents had travelled. "Oooh, mine too. Do you travel with them?" she, curious if she had found a friend who would understand a more nomadic type of lifestyle. She was rather surprised when the girl asked her what Quidditch was. Raising her eyebrows, she gave a small gasp. "Quidditch? The sport? You've never heard of it before?" she asked. However, she was quickly sidetracked by the fact that Valencia was indeed not a Gryffindor but a Ravenclaw. "I don't think I've met someone in Ravenclaw yet. My sister was one though in Scotland. I'm in Gryffindor," the girl beamed. Elara wondered what it would be like to be considered smart or clever enough to be in Ravenclaw. It wasn't that she wasn't smart - her studies just weren't her sole focus in life which is what she assumed it took to make it into that house.

Valencia nods. "I did. Every few months, before I came here, my family would always move to another country or city. So It was always hard to make friends and such" Valencia says with a small nod and smile. Valencia had always found pros and cons to travelling around the world. The pros being that there were always new cultures to experience and such. The cons also being that she had always had to move place to place and it was hard for her to make friends. "Nope never heard of it. Is it like rugby or something?" Valencia says with a shake of her head and shrugged her shoulders. Valencia wasn't much of a sporty person, so she didn't really know what sports were out there. This was the first time she had heard of this 'Quidditch' sport. "Oh, that's cool! My twin brother is in your house, I think"

Elara was surprised to hear the girl had indeed been a traveller. She smiled and leaned against the bookcase behind her. "I grew up the same way. Is there a reason your family moved? Mine was because of our circus," she said, acting as if growing up in a magical circus was normal. She knew some kids viewed her as a freak or annoying, like the Slytherin she had met at the lake, but she embraced his unique skills sets with pride. "I don't know what rugby is, but it's a sport. We actually have it here. There's lots of balls, and all the players fly on brooms. We should go to the first game of the year together so you can see what it's all about." She forgot that not everyone grew up watching Quidditch, but it made sense, seeing as she had no idea what rugby was. She didn't recognize anyone with Valencia's face from Gryffindor and was surprised the girl mentioned she was a twin. "Oh really? What's his name? Do you guys look alike?" she asked. Elara knew that she was full of questions, but having a twin seemed like a lot of fun - almost like having a built in best friend.

Valencia gasped quietly and gently clapped her hands when the found out that Elara had mentioned that her family had a circus. "Oh my gosh really?! That's so cool! Do you do cool cartwheels and go on the trapeze?" Valencia whispers with excitement as she tries to imitate mini cartwheels and trapeze with her hands. Valencia remembered going to a circus about once and twice. She was always so amazed at the performances that they did. "My dad is a chef, so he would cook in different restaurants around the world! He says he's cooked for some famous people before." Valencia says with a smile and a shrug of her shoulders. "Oh don't worry about not knowing what Rugby is. In my opinion, I don't think it's a great sport." Valencia says with a small giggle, as she waves her hand dismissively. Her eyes widen when the Gryffindor tells her about this... Quidditch thing... "T-they fly on brooms?! What the heck?! That sounds dangerous. But cool! Oh yeah, we can totally do that!" Valencia says with a gasp and a small giggle, as Elara had mentioned that they should go to the first game together. Though she was a little surprised that someone actually wanted to spend time and company before. She hadn't really spent time with other people, always with her brother. "Oh, his name is Valentine. He likes to be called Val though. He hates the name, Valentine. I don't know why though. Nah, I don't think we look alike."

EDIT: I just added Valencia answering Elara's question about her family travelling - I forgot to add that, my apologies!

Last edited:
Elara gave Valencia a smile and nodded. "Yes, I can do cartwheels. Mostly I do trapeze with my sisters and then started my own silks act last year. But I've done other things when we've needed someone, you know?" she said to the girl. She knew that some people would find the cirucs life fascinating, and while it was, there were definitely downsides. However, she was beginning to miss her family and practicing tricks every day. She was surprised to hear the girl's father was a chef, and her mouth watered a little bit. "Really? What kind of food does he usually work with?" The Gryffindor was surprised by how much Valencia seemed to not understand Quidditch. "You know we take flying lessons this semester, right?" she laughed, imagining the girl's reaction to the class. She couldn't wait for the first Quidditch match and was glad the girl had agreed to go with her. She did find it a little odd that her brother liked to be called Val when her name was Valencia, but maybe she didn't have a nickname. She hadn't met him yet but was sure she would eventually.

Valencia listens intently while Elara explains about what neat tricks she could do. She wished she could do all those cool tricks and whatnot, but she wasn't very flexible with that sort of thing. The only thing she could do was climb trees, and she thought that she was quite good at that, so she was just gonna stay with that skill for now. Valencia smiles excitedly when the girl asked about her father's job. "He's a pastry chef, so he prepares like pastries, bread and many desserts. His desserts are always great to eat!" Valencia says with a smile. Speaking about her dad made her a little homesick. She had missed the homecooked meals that her parents always made, and the cuddles she got from her mother. But she remembered that she'll be able to see them again soon. The Ravenclaw's face went pale when the Gryffindor had mentioned that they had flying lessons. "I'm sorry, what? F-Flying lessons?" Valencia stuttered out. She didn't mind that other people were going to fly on brooms for sports and stuff. But that fact that she had to go on a flying broom had scared her, as she had a horrible fear of heights. This wasn't going to be good.

Elara made an "ooooo"-ing noise when Valencia said her dad was a pastry chef. She had never really spent much time baking, but she loved to cook. The whole icing things and making them look pretty was something she never got the hang of. "You must have had the best birthday cakes!" she said with a big grin. She was not a big cake person, but having a really cool cake would definitely be a memorable thing at that point in their lives. She was a little concerned that she had upset the Ravenclaw when the subject of flying was brought up. Elara wasn't concerned about herself, but she didn't want Valencia to be anxious. "Yeah, but it's nothing serious, I'm sure," she assured the girl. "There's lots of students who have never flown before so you won't be the only one." She didn't want to sound braggy about the fact that she had used her siblings brooms, but she also didn't completely understand the other girl's experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back