Hometown: Missouri, United States
Blood Status: Muggle Born
Wand: Unknown
Hogwarts House: Unknown

Appearance:
Hair: Long, Straight and Light Brown
Eyes: Baby Blue
Height: Around 5’1, a bit shorter than average
Style: Mackenna likes to where things that are unique and comfortable, without drawing too much attention to herself.
Other Distinguishing Features: Mackenna is a bit on the skinny side.

A Little Deeper:
Personality:
Mackenna is a very soft spoken young lady. She tends to think things over before she comments on them, and is very level headed and mature for her age. Her true passion is music; she has been playing the piano since she was 4 years old. She generally cares for everyone and is a loving and kind individual.

History:
Mackenna was born on September 18, 2011 in the state of Missouri in the United States. She was the firstborn daughter of John and Alicia Matthews. Her dad worked in the city as an attorney, and her mother stayed home to care for her. When Kenna was eight she found out that her mom was going to have a baby and she was thrilled! Her little brother Michael John completed their family. Just four months after Michael was born, Mackenna’s father was murdered by a former client. Eight-year-old Kenna did not fully understand her father’s death, but is slowly coming to terms with it now.

Family:

Father: John Matthews
Age: 30 (Mackenna’s father died four years ago after being shot by a former client.)
Occupation: Lawyer (Mackenna’s father offered to take on clients that could not afford council rather than join a firm.)
Blood Status: Half-blood. John was raised by his father and never new his mother, who was a witch. This is where Mackenna gets her magical side from.
History: As I have already said, John Matthews was a lawyer who worked with clients who could not afford an attorney. When Mackenna was eight, her father was shot and killed by a former client who escaped from jail. He blamed Mackenna’s dad for not winning his trial.

Mother: Alicia Ann Matthews
Blood Status: Muggle
History: Alicia Matthews was a stay at home mom before her husband was killed. After he died, she went back to work as a nurse in a local hospital. The death of her husband took most of the light out of Alicia’s life. The only thing she has left in this world is her precious children.

Brother: Michael John Matthews
Blood Status: Unknown
History: Michael was just a baby when his father was killed. He is the light and humor of the family, brining a smile to his mother and sister’s face every day!

Hi Mackenna,

I have some questions for you. Feel free to answer in or out of character, although I'll mostly ask in character.

~ Were you invited to other magical schools? Why did you choose HNZ?
~ Do you hope little Michael is a muggle or a wizard?
~ How do you feel about being a witch?
~ What was your mother's reaction to finding out you are magic?
~ Had you shown any signs of magic before your father died? Was he aware of them?
~ Do you wish you had contact with your father's side of the family, the magical side?
~ What are your weaknesses?
~ What are your strengths?
~ Do you intend to continue with your music while at HNZ? How?
~ Do you worry about your Mother since your Father died, or are you confident she can deal with things?
~ How do you feel about moving so far away from your family, and leaving them alone?
~ Any idea what your Boggart, Patronus or Animagus forms might be? What would you see in the Mirror of Erised?

I have more, but I'll leave it at that for now.

I hope these questions help you in developing your character. I look forward to your responses.
-Emma

Thanks for the the questions!

Were you invited to other magical schools? Why did you choose HNZ?
Mackenna didn't even know that magic existed and she only recieved an invite to go to HNZ. It was strange, and later on it may have something to do with her long lost grandmother.

Do you hope little Michael is a muggle or a wizard?
I don't know if Mackenna has thought that far ahead yet, but if she enjoys her time at Hogwarts she will probably want Michael to have that experience as well.

How do you feel about being a witch?
Mackenna feels excited and a bit afraid about being a witch. She is one to take things and make the best of them, so her scared side only comes out so often.

What was your mother's reaction to finding out you are magic?
Mackenna's mother has been a bit high strung ever since her father died, so at first she didn't react well to her little girl going halfway across the globe to school. After awhile though, her sane side took over and she decided it would be good for Mackenna.

Had you shown any signs of magic before your father died? Was he aware of them?
The only "magic" Mackenna truly possessed was in the realm of music. Her father was very proud of her musical abilities.

Do you wish you had contact with your father's side of the family, the magical side?
Mackenna's father didn't speak much about his mother, and his father died when Mackenna was a baby. She litterally knows nothing about that side of the family, including the fact that her grandmother is a witch.

What are your weaknesses?
Mackenna tends to believe that everyone is as good and caring as her. She wears her heart on her sleeve and will do anything to help someone, which is sometimes to her downfall.

What are your strengths?
Mackenna is very loyal and very determined. She isn't afraid to work hard, and to enjoy everything she sets her mind to!

Do you intend to continue with your music while at HNZ? How?
Mackenna does not want to give up playing the piano at HNZ, but she hasn't quite figured out what to do about that. Maybe an "orchestra club" should be in the works for all the HNZ students who play muggle instruments?

Do you worry about your Mother since your Father died, or are you confident she can deal with things?
Mackenna does worry about her mother quite a bit. Alicia Matthews hasn't been the same since she lost her husband, but Mackenna takes it all in stride and loves her mother for who she is...even if she is a bit high strung and slightly crazy sometimes!

How do you feel about moving so far away from your family, and leaving them alone?
Mackenna misses her mother and brother, but she is excited for this new adventure. We will see which emotion dominates in the future!

Any idea what your Boggart, Patronus or Animagus forms might be? What would you see in the Mirror of Erised?

Mackenna's boggart would probably be the man who killed her father coming after her. As far as her Patronus or Animagus, I'm not sure. She would see her father in the Mirror of Erised, of course!

Thanks again for the questions!

Mackenna (Theresa OOC)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back