Lying in the heat

Corrie Yelnats

Corrie was lead in the grass with his eyes closed. The grass around him was flattened in the shape of a grass angel (Like a snow angel only with grass). He didn't have the energy to do anything and he could feel his skin slowly tanning, or it could be burning, he didn't really care at the moment. The heat seemed to have drained him completely so he just lay there, not moving. He actually sort of looked like he had passed out or something of the sort anyway.

Sam was escaping the Ravenclaw commom room for once, getting out into the fresh air, and green grass. The sun was bearing down, the heat almost burning his skin on the spot. The grass was long enough to make tracks and he was following on already made. It was leading him to and unknown place be he didnt mind.

He was considering taking a break when he came across a boy laying in the shape of a grass angel; or should he say snow angel. Cept, he looked like he was like unconcious or something. Jogging over he stood, his shadow over the boy, coughing slightly, he asked

"Um, are you ok? Alive?"

Corrie opened an eye to see a boy standing over him, must of been the one asking if he was alive. "I think so, you can't really tell with heat like this can you?" Corrie was glad of the little shade provided by the grass and, now, this boy standing over him, but it wasn't enough to keep out all of the suns rays. "You wanna join me?" He asked the boy.

Sam shook his head

"Not really" he paused, listening, then replied "Sure" sitting down.

"I'm Sam by the way"

Corrie sat up so they were on the same level. "Corrie. Nice to meet you." He used his arms to prop himself up, just hoping they wouldn't give way.

"Nice to meet you to" Sam replied, picking at some grass.

"Pretty good day, huh" he said, then smiled "Cept the sun's a bit of a killer!"

Corrie grinned. "Yeah, the heat is, well, hot i supose the words is." He laughed slightly, to tired to care about his stupid moment. "So, what house are you in then?"

Sam smiled when Corrie comented about the heat.

"Ravenclaw" he replied to his question "like me ma and pa" he replied, attempting to do an american accent and epically failing. Laughing he then asked

"And you?"

Corrie grinned at his attempt at an accent. His face dropped when he was asked about his own house, he braced himself for the judgments. Though no-one had judges him so far, he knew someone would eventually. In his home accent, bulgarian, he answered in a very quiet voice. "Slytherin, like my ma and pa."

"Cool" Sam paused then asked "Dont you like it?"

Sam was very observant and noticed how quiet Corrie had gone. He was fine with Corrie being in Slytherin, most people thought that slytherins were mean; but Sam didnt judge people until he meet them, he got along with most of the easily.

Corrie looked up. "It's alright I suppose, haven't actually spoken to anyone in my house properly. I just get worried people will judge me because of the tw@ts in Slytherin." He tended to get slightly angry at that bit. Everyone judghed the one house because of a few brats that couldn't behave themselves.

Sam gave a small laugh

"Don't worry" he said "Luckily my Mum taught me not to judge all people, and anyway" he said with a smile "Its about time Slytherin got some 'real' people"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back