Lying about

Andromeda Fiorelli

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring; 10 1/2" 4wood mix - unicorn hair core
Andromeda lay down on the freshly cut lawn breathing in the beautiful smell that fresh cut grass had. It reminded her of home back in Ireland where truthfully the weather wasn't much different to this. Always cold and constant rain. At least today it had held off and she was grateful. She wore her skinny jeans and baggy Gryffindor house jumper, though it could do with a few repairs now as it once had belonged to her uncle. Her trainers were well scuffed and her Grffindor scarve lay dangling about her neck loosely. She reached behind and pulled the band from her hair and swept her hair out so that her long tresses were spread across the grass behind her. She opened her arms out and splayed her fingers. A feeling of peace and contentment stole over her.

She knew she shouldn't let herself get complacent about her condition but she also knew she couldn't keep worrying about it every second of every day. Her life had to be more than that somehow and through hell or high water she would make sure it was.

Brian walked around the lawn dressed warmly contemplating the Yule Ball, it was then that he saw Andy and decided to talk with her about her decision to not go to the ball, it didn't seem very Andy like in his own opinion.

"what's up?" Brian asked curiously.

Andromeda stretched out luxuriating in the feel of the grass beneath her fingers. She sighed contently almost purring like a cat, opening her eyes slowly she smiled.
"Hey Brian, just chilling" she grinned at him before closing her eyes again and giving herself up to the lazy day "what are you up to then?"

"well getting ready for the Yule Ball, like everyone else. Well except you" Brian said sitting down "Z said she didn't think you were going how come?" Brian asked wondering if this was another 'personal thing' that had to do with her condition. Then again it might not have anything to do with it he'd only just asked Kailey to the ball and had no real intentions of asking anyone before.

Andromeda rolled over so her greyish pallour wasn't quite so pronounced, she lay on her stomach with her legs tucked up behind her.
"Don't let the long hair fool you Brian" she laughed, "It's the only girly thing about me. I haven't worn a frock or proper dress since I was about 2 years old and I so cannot dance. Just not my thing."
She eyed him speculatively, "You're going to the Ball?"

"yeah well, I figured not many guys would be going so, I was kinda obligated?" Brian said a bit figity "I have a date already" he said turning a bit red in the face.

"Probably not, she's a second year Ravenclaw, she's pretty though" Brian said thinking about when he asked Kailey to the Yule Ball.

Andromeda kept her gaze averted, "I do know plenty of Ravenclaws you know!" she told him. She sat up and pulled her hair around to the side and began to plait it to keep it someway tidy. Her greyish pallour was more visible unfortunately but she didn't mind with Brian. He knew her secret, so she didn't feel as if she had to hide the effects of it from him too much or worry about it.

"I'm not saying you don't" Brian said with a bit of a laugh, it was kinda hard telling Andy that he was going with Kailey probably because she herself wasn't going, he just thought it was easier to tell Zazuka. "I'm going with Kailey Paramore"

Andromeda kept the emotion from showing on her face. Of course, Kailey was beautiful and smart and a Ravenclaw. Why wouldn't he ask someone like that? she thought. Andromeda kept plaiting her hair, once again feigning her engrossment at her task.

"Oh, I know Kailey, she's lovely" she smiled, "So you have dress robes and everything then huh?" her eyes didn't leave her hair once.

"Yeah I bought some during my break last Brightstone Trip" Brian said smiling.

Andromeda could do no more with her hair so plucked at some grass instead.
"You can dance I take it?" she asked him, knowing that it was most likely a very silly thing indeed to ask Brian. He seemed to be good at just about everything and knew something about just about everything.

"Mom taught me when I was younger" Brian said looking around it was a bit chilly outside, Brian was sure it was going to snow any day now.

"Your mom taught you?" she smiled, she couldn't help but look up at him now, "Wow, my mom never thought to do that. My dad used to stand me on his feet when I was really small and we'd dance that way but I ... I just don't dance! So, should you be heading in to get ready? Sorry I don't know how long it takes to get organised for these things. I know some of the girls in our dorm started really early though".

"yeah I guess I should get going, Zazuka is gonna be there so you should drop by you know just for a peek" Brian said smiling.

Andromeda smiled again, "I'm sure my nose will fit around the door for a minute or so, but I'm not going in! Go on I'll see tomorrow if I don't later" she said to him, "And Brian... have a great time!"

Brian laughed for a minute than decided that he needed to go "Alright see ya later" Brian said smiling as he left.

Andromeda watched him leave, a small smile played on her face. She did hope he had a lovely time. Kailey was a perfect choice of partner, she thought, she was smart, pretty and a Ravenclaw. Everything that Andromeda was not! She sighed and rolled over on to her back again, not caring how cold it got, she still had plenty of time before the Yule Party she had organised. So she closed her eyes picturing herself dancing, actually dancing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back