Lurking Around...Nothing Better to Do

Serena Vanderhol

OOC First Name
Katie
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" with Essence of Wood Rose
Serena was bored sitting in the house on this Saturday afternoon. She'd finished all of her homework and her dad wasn't home as he had something that he needed to get done at the Ministry so she was stuck in the house while her mother was away visiting her sick grandmother. Serena hated to be bored. She was much to active a person to be stuck at home on such a perfectly lovely day so she finally decided to get out of the house for a while.

After arriving in Brightstone Serena remembered that her sister was supposed to have a weekend visit to the village and was hoping to meet up with her. Wandering around she browsed a few shop windows and as she passed Madame Puddifoots she blushed slightly, remembering her 'date' with Harrison she'd had a few weeks prior. They'd written at least once a week to each other and she was really starting to like him, but wasn't quite ready to admit that to anyone just yet. Finding a bench Serena sat down, the sunlight beaming off her cornsilk hair.

Trevor was walking around in Brightstone when he noticed a girl sitting on a bench that looked like she was around his age. Teenagers he thought gleefully before realizing how retarded that thought sounded, even in his own head. He walked towards her, he hadnt run into many teenagers since he moved to New Zealand and he did hope to make friends. When he arrived next to her he smiled "Do you mind if I join you?" he asked, realizing he probably sounded like a pathetic loser but at this point he figured it was worth a shot.

Serena was people watching when a boy, that looked to be about either her or Kat's age, trotted up to her and asked if her could join her. "Sure. The more the merrier," she said in her usual perky manner, patting the seat beside her. Serena has always been a people person and liked to meet just about everyone. Looking the boy over once again she asked curiously, "Do you go to the school? You look like you might be a student is the reason I ask." Most people found her curious nature a tad annoying, but she seldom cared what others thought about her...she was just a naturally curious person who liked to find out more about the people she socialized with.

Trevor smiled as she patted the seat inviting him to sit. He held back a laugh as he realized how forward she was "I go to Hogwarts Scotland," he started to explain, pausing with a puzzled look on his face "Well I used to go to Hogwarts Scotland," he tried again pausing confused again. He sighed "Well I just moved here and Im not sure whether it would be easier to stay at Hogwarts Scotland where I've been my whole life or transfer to Hogwarts New Zealand" he explained.

"What about you?" he asked curiously "Your not at school?"

Serena snorted at the confused look he got on his face when he was trying to figure out whether or not he attended Hogwarts New Zealand. "Ah, I see. So for now you're just wandering wild and fancy free then are you? No school can hold you hostage for the time being" she said goofily with a toothy grin. When he asked whether or not she attended school a look of mock sadness filled her face. "Tis a sad sad tale that is, but you look like you can handle it. You see at one time I did attend the wonderful Hogwarts New Zealand as a proud Gryffindor," she paused for dramatic effect and then continued, "Until, one day it happened...I. Got. Spattergoit." Serena flung her arm over her face as if she were in some deep despair before peeking one of her blue eyes out and grinning. "Ever since then I've been stuck in homeschool. Not so bad actually, but it does get dead boring at times," she stated matter of factly before asking yet another question in a series of what she felt would probably be many. "So what brings you all the way down here? Please tell me it's something adventurous and exciting...and if not then just lie to me," she said giggling just a little bit as she nudged his arm playfully saying, "Only joking!"

Trevor laughed "Freedom!!!!" he sang "No school can torture me!!" he agreed with a grin. He raised his eyebrows as she told him it was a sad tale why she didnt go to hogwarts. When the reason came out Trevor had to try hard not to roll over in laughter "How long ago was it you had Spattergoit?" he asked teasingly, pretending to prepare to run. "I was a Gryffindor too!" he said fondly.

He chuckled as she asked him to tell her the reason he came to New Zealand was somthing adventurous and exciting. He kept a straight face as he looked into the sky "well it started when I met the talking monkey" he said keeping a straight face as he nodded "He told me I'd become the richest man on earth if I stole an egg from the middle of the jungle" Trevor sighed like it was a story he told quite regularly. "Turned out the egg I tried to steal belonged to an assasin ostrich who told me to flee the country if I eanted to live" he finished with a smirk.

"Okay okay!" he said laughing "Truth is Im on the Special Opps Most Wanted list and Im fleeing from the law" he said with a grin "Hows that?"

Serena held up her hand, pretending to count and replied, "Twas three years ago this past Christmas. Took me what seemed like ages to get over it so I just decided to stay homeschooled since I'd missed so much regular school." She screwed up her face when she thought about what all she had missed at Hogwarts. Her sister always tried to keep her filled in on what was happening, but it just wasn't the same. Serena beamed when the boy said that he too was a Gryffindor. "Gryffindors for the win I suppose! My sis is in that house as well. She's a fifth year," she stated plainly.

Laughing at his story about the talking monkey and assassain ostrich Serena nearly fell off the bench she was laughing so hard especially when he finished with himself being on the run from the law. "So does that make you a dangerous criminal? Should I flee screaming or something of that nature," she joked, wiping tears from her eyes from where she'd been laughing so hard. "I'd say you did fairly well in making it up. I give you an 'A Plus' as it really was a very entertaining story. So...how about the truth," she asked still very curious about her new acquaintance when she realized something. "Oh sweet Bertie Botts Beans...where in the name of Merlin are my manners. I haven't even introduced myself properly. I'm Serena...Serena Vanderhol though most everyone calls me Rena. And your name?"

Trevor nodded interested as the girl explained why she didnt go back to Hogwarts. He grinned as she said Gryffindors for the win and he raised one fist into the air .

He grinned as he seemed to amuse the girl with the story he made up. "Dangerous criminal?" he asked with a innocent look on his face, he grinned evily and rubbed his hands together "Worse!" he joked. He smiled as she asked for the truth then suddenly changed the topic remembering they didnt even know eachothers names, relived he accepted the change of subject. "Trevor Davies" he introduced himself "Nice to meet you Rena" he said with a smile as he held out his hand.

"So what brings you to town today?" he asked, wondering how long he could keep the topic off why he was in New Zealand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back