OOC First Name
Katie
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
Kat's daily routine of taking a jog twice a day was starting to become a bit monotonous though she planned on sticking it out until her goal was achieved. Today, though, it was nice and warm outside and the lake looked greatly inviting so instead of jogging during her lunch break she decided to take a swim. She was in her black tank top and a pair of running shorts and didn't much feel like going all the way to her dorm to change into her swimsuit so instead she pulled off her shoes and socks and took off jumping in the lake fully clothed.

She floated on her back, gently paddling water and letting the sun beat down on top of her. It was peaceful, just the sound of nature and then she heard an annoying growl...it was her stomach. Ugh, shut up. Why are you so demanding she thought slightly annoyed as she rolled over and started doing a breast stroke. Exercising was the only way that she could get her mind off the annoying sound that her stomach was making. Kat pushed through the water, swimming harder and faster until finally the feeling in her gut subsided.

Very breathless from pushing herself so hard she waded back to the shore, laying herself on her back on the warm ground, panting heavily, but the hunger was no longer pestering her.

Kailey had decided that instead of stuffing her face in the great hall and reading part of a good book during lunch like she usually did she would actually get ouside for once. She really hadn't done much of anything this semester except study. Even though Owls weren't until the end of the year they were already getting to her. So she went down to the kitchens and got a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on wheat bread along with some fruits and a chocolate bar to eat outside and put it in a small bag. Knowing Kailey, the chocolate would be gone first.

After going back up to her dorm and putting on her swimsuit under a pair of faded shorts and a red tee shirt before heading down to the lakefront. Munching on her sandwich and finishing most of it along the way. She had just gotten the odd carrot out of the bag when she saw a figure laying down not even 5 feet away from her. She took a closer look and realized it was Kat who was panting so heavily. She raised an eyebrow wondering just how much swimming the girl had done before taking a couple steps closer to her. She took a bite into the carrot, "What's up doc?" she asked doing the best bugs bunny impression she could manage before putting the carrot up in favor of the chocolate bar.

Kat nearly jumped out of her skin when Kailey walked up to her, which didn't help with her breathing pattern at all. "Hi....what's....up....with you?" she asked still trying to catch her breath as she sat up and rested her arms on top of her knees, breathing deeply in through her nose and out through her mouth. After a week of intense exercising Kat thought that this smothering feeling she got would go away a bit, but it hadn't so she guessed that meant she'd just have to work a bit harder.

Kailey raised her eyebrow at Kats heavy breathing and took a bite of the large chocolate bar. After swallowing the bite of chocolatey goodness Kailey replied, "Oh, I just decided to soak up the sunshine rather than start holed up in Ravenclaw tower with a book like I always do. What have you been up to? You look like you just ran a marathon." she noted taking another bite of the chocolate. "Want some?" she asked breaking a piece off of the other end and offed it to her panting best friend.

Kat nodded, her breathing finally starting to slow a bit. "Just a little bit of exercise since it's nice out," she said looking around at how beautiful the weather was. "A Ravenclaw not studying? I've never heard of such a thing," Kat joked just as Kailey offered her a piece of the chocolate bar she was eating. She swallowed hard, really wanting to take the small piece, but then thought to herself You really don't need to take that pudge-o. Kat smiled at her friend and said, "No thanks...just ate before I came down here. So, umm...how totally freaked are you about OWLs. I know they aren't until the end of the year, but everyone keeps reminding us about it."

Kailey nodded, "That makes sense, I'm going for a light swim myself after I finish my food. It's already been about fifteen minutes since I ate the sandwich and the rest of this surely couldn't cause a cramp... There isn't that much of it." she said looking at the strawberries and grape in the bag. When Kat rejected the chocolate Kailey raised an eyebrow, but shrugged and ate it anyways. Not everyone was as gluttonus as she was. All of the exersize she got on a day to day basis just zipping around the way she did kept weight off with a little help from her body molding power. "Oh god, please don't get me started on OWLs. I'm already studying like crazy and my homework is suffering from it a bit." she sid biting her lip. "Can't believe we're already 5th years!"

I wish I could eat like that and look like she did Kat thought enviously of her friend. She thought about asking what Kailey's secret was to staying so thin, but decided against it. Luckily conversation turned to studies and upcoming OWLs. "You too, eh? I swear I'm going over old notes and there are things that I've written down that I don't remember ever learning. It's horrible," she said shaking her head, getting a headache just thinking about it. "Oh I know. I swear it seems just like yesterday that we were first years having a snowball fight out on the lawn. You remember Professor King getting hit in the back with a snowball? I thought for sure we would have been in trouble." Kat laughed at the memory, remembering how much simpler things had been back then.

Kailey finished off the last bit of the starting to melt chocolate bar and licked the remnants off of her fingers before responding to Kat. "Oh I know! But then again, even with all of the studying time in 3rd and 4th year I slacked off horribly. Then again, I suppose trying to study with Njord isn't exactly the best idea." Kailey said with a small laugh thinking about her seemingly missing boyfriend, "Haven't seen much of him lately though..." she said more to herself than to Kat before quickly changing the subject "Oh my god yes! Thinking back thats alot funnier now. Remember the snow witches Me, you, and Rhyspa made? How mine's head fell off? Wow, even back then we got along good." she said thinking back, so much had happened in her four, soon to be five years at hogwarts.

Kat bit the inside of her cheek as she watched Kailey finish off the rest of the chocolate bar, once again convincing herself that she wasn't hungry and didn't need the chocolate. She smirked when her friend said something about studying with Njord. Kat snorted a bit and said, "Well ya think? I'm sure the two of you got so much studying done!" Laughing at the memory of the snow witches she looked at Kailey. The two of them and Rhyspa had been best friends since her first term at school. They'd all been through so much together and then a thought saddened her a bit. "Next year is 'Spa's last year here. It'll just be the two of us left here after that." This didn't help Kat's mood any. She'd already been lingering on the thought of Cyndi and Bruin not being here next year and then to make matter's worse next year would be her best friends last year. She knew that after that it was her turn to leave and it was a bit scary to think about.

Kailey let out a loud laugh and opened her mouth to crack a joke about the 'study' of anatomy. But they really hadn't gone quite that far and she definitely didn't want to give her friend the wrong idea so she refrained from doing so. When Kat mentioned it being Rhyspas next to last year here at Hogwarts Kaileys face fell. She hadn't really thought about that. "Just think, this year will be the first graduating class. Then 'Spa leaving... Then us! Wow..." she said. Before they knew it this place would be just a fond memory to look back on.

Kat flinched when Kailey stated this realization out loud. She'd thought about it, but actually hearing it from someone else made it all seem a little too real. "Then it's out into the real world we go. It's a bit scary to think about," she said, feeling a lump forming in her throat as the reality of it hit her like a ton of bricks. Kat was getting restless thinking about it and she felt like she had to do something other than sit here and dwell on it. She pulled on her tennis shoes and stood up then looked at Kailey. "I think I'm going to head back up to the castle and shower. I've got some things that I have to work on and then I've got letters to send to my family. I'll catch you later Kailey," Kat said, and with that she turned and sprinted off towards the castle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back