Lucinda Dalton

OOC First Name
Camilla!
Wand
Eucalyptus Wand 13 1/2" Essence of Mermaid Scale
Full Name: Lucinda (Lucy) Jane Buckley.
- Birth Date: 12th November, 2010.
- Current Age: 11.
- Basic Appearance: Small, about 4'10", with blonde-brown hair and blue eyes. Not a great beauty, but not unnattractive, either.
- Parents: Lives with her mother, Charlotte Buckley. Lucy was the result of a tumultous relationship between Charlotte and her boyfriend in her second year of university, Jacob Evans. Both lived a somewhat bohemian lifestyle - living life for the moment, not making any plans for the future, living in dodgy sharehouses...they broke up shortly before Charlotte discovered she was pregnant with Lucy. Jacob is a fairly supportive father - paying upkeep and spending some time with Lucy (although now he is married with a family of his own and therefore hasn't got much time for his illegitimate daughter), but for the most part, it is just Charlotte and Lucy.
- Siblings, if any: None. Lucy is an only child and Charlotte, while having some other relationships, has never married nor had another child.
- Pets, if any: Charlotte and Lucy have a tabby cat called Alice - as in Alice in Wonderland, of course.
- Area of Residence: Brisbane, Australia.
- Blood status: Muggle born,

(If your character is a sorted student:)
- Hogwarts House (And why):
- Best school subjects (And why):
- Worst school subjects (And why):

(all characters:)
- What would their Patronus be? Lucy's patronus would be a bird, perhaps an eagle or an owl - she's always dreamed of flying away and being successful.
- What would their Boggart be? Her boggart would be her mother, Charlotte, abandoning her.
- What would their Animagus form be? (If they ever were to become one) Again, perhaps a bird such as an eagle - or maybe a cat.
- What would your character see if he/she looked in the Mirror of Erised? Lucy would see herself, surrounded by some friends, being a success. It would have been a successful lawyer, until she got the letter from Hogwarts changing her future dramatically.
- What memory could they use to create a Patronus? When Lucy lead her debating team in year 6 to win the inter-school tournament - she looked out to the audience to see the approval of the crowd and the utter pride evident on Charlotte's face.
- Imagine that your character keeps a diary or journal. Write a page that could possibly be found in it:
Dear Diary,
Well, today was a rather interesting day. Mum and I had scrambled eggs on toast for breakfast, as we always do on a Monday (it's a nice way to start the week, in my humble opinion), before I went to school. Maths test was simple, spelling even simpler. Mr. Porter had been away on Friday, of course, hence the tests being today. There seemed to be little appreciation for this scheduling shift however I, being a lover of knowledge and liking tests, didn't mind in the slightest. Even if we still have our tests as usual on a Friday. Had to review Lord Of The Rings, having just finished it on Saturday, which was difficult - I could tell that there was no interest from most of the class in what I had to say. There is little appreciation for a good book. Sport was okay, I don't mind playing netball except they either put me on the wings or the sidelines. I wish I wasn't so short! I would rather stay in the goal circle but I am not tall enough to be a GS or GK. Or even a GA or GD. And I'm not the fastest runner in the world, which does not help my cause. Okay, I lied, I'd only like netball if I was taller. As it is I'm not the greatest fan. Lunch, of course, consisted of me sitting by myself (again) to eat my sandwiches and Tiny Teddies (chocolate, mmm) and juice.
The strangest thing, however, came as I went home. Caught the bus, as I usually do, then got home. Mum wasn't at home yet, she doesn't get home until about 5, so I got an ice cream and sat down on the verandah before starting in on my homework. Then an owl came flying by. That was weird enough - owls are nocturnal, after all - and dropped a letter off at my feet. Being of an inquisitive mind, I bent over and picked it up, and it happened to be addressed to me. So I opened the letter, to see that apparently I have been accepted to this Hogwarts New Zealand place - a school for wizards and witches. New Zealand? Wizards and witches? The prospect sounds so exciting, but surely it must be a prank. I sincerly hope it is not. Mum is excited for me although she doesn't want to send me off to boarding school at all, let alone in another country.
Anyway, it is bedtime, so I must retire.
- Lucy :)

Just a few questions, Lucinda :r:

You say that in recieving her Hogwarts letter, it completely changed her plans of becoming a lawyer. Does this disappoint Lucy, or is she glad the oppurtunity arose? In other words, how does she feel about it :p

If you could compare Lucy to a character from a book, movie etc., what character would it be?

When you say that Lucinda's parents had a tumultous relationship, what do you mean by that? Were her parents violent?

Can you tell me her favourite books, music, and movies? Or just give a small list of all of her favourite things :lol:

Does she have any idea what Hogwarts house she'd like to be in?

You can answer in or out of character :D

((Woah, these are awesome questions! :-0 ))

You say that in recieving her Hogwarts letter, it completely changed her plans of becoming a lawyer. Does this disappoint Lucy, or is she glad the oppurtunity arose? In other words, how does she feel about it?
Lucy is slightly disappointed, but that disappointment is overshadowed by the excitement at the prospect of being able to perform magic. More than anything, she's a little overwhelmed. After eleven years of living as a muggle, Lucy has discovered there is a whole other world that she is a part of. Lucy is excited by this prospect, but also somewhat perplexed. So bascially, she feels confused. :p

If you could compare Lucy to a character from a book, movie etc., what character would it be?
Hmmm, tough question. Would perhaps say Cassandra from I Capture The Castle - she's precocious, quite intelligent, and dreams of making a name for herself, although she is realistic and knows that it takes an awful lot to achieve any sort of fame and fortune. She'd simply like to be appreciated for what she can do and be able to do something well.

When you say that Lucinda's parents had a tumultous relationship, what do you mean by that? Were her parents violent?
Oh, no, not violent at all! Just a bit dramatic. Charlotte Buckley has always been a bit of a drama queen - indeed, Drama was one of her majors in her Arts degree at university (English Literature was the other) and Jacob, to be fair, was a bit of an oddity, too - which was what drew them together. They would be declaring their undying love for each other one moment and then not speaking the next. Of course, Jacob began to straighten out in his third year of university, and focused more on his studies - and knew that he and Charlotte weren't really meant to be together, so they broke up. Then, he found out about Lucy...

Can you tell me her favourite books, music, and movies? Or just give a small list of all of her favourite things?
Hmmm, well let's see...Charlotte has a very impressive music collection, so Lucy has been well educated in that regard. She likes music such as Jeff Buckley (namesake, of course) and Elliott Smith and The Shins and Eels, stuff that her mother listened to when she was a teenager (Lucy grew up listening to the same music as her mother still listened to it). In terms of books, Lucy will read anything and everything. She's always loved fantasy (which makes getting the Hogwarts letter even stranger but more wonderful), and her favourite books are Alice's Adventures In Wonderland (hence the cat's name) and Howl's Moving Castle. She also loves the movie of the latter and all the quirky Miyazaki films, as well as Disney movies. She still loves Disney movies even though she's 11, although she never admits to this. She also loves debating and speech and drama, but isn't so keen on sports.

Does she have any idea what Hogwarts house she'd like to be in?
Lucy doesn't know much about the Hogwarts houses at all, but she's read a little bit since recieving the letter, and from the little bit she's read, she's decided that Ravenclaw would be her favourite and the one she'd like to be in, although she's not overly picky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back