Love is in the air?

James Adams

OOC First Name
James
Sexual Orientation
Esmexual.
Wand
Walnut Wand 14 1/2" Essence of Vampire Blood
James was strolling back to Gryffindor tower, considering his life as it was. He was desperately tired with Quidditch, prefect duties, and making sure he was learning all his notes so that it would be easier for the exams. But his mind kept wandering back to Dominique and what they were together. Or were they together at all? After what had happened last year, James would have thought they were, but then again, she had just walked off after that wonderful moment. What he really needed was to talk to somebody who could explain it all to him, but he wasn't aware that such a person existed. Maybe Dominique herself, but all her actions that night hadn't been what he was expecting, and he wasn't sure that her words would be any better.

Still, perhaps talking to her would still be good. Even if she couldn't explain what had happened, something might happen at least. He was slightly nervous as to what he would say at their first meeting, and perhaps that was why he hadn't pursued her at all this year. But he wanted to see her again, even if they had only been together after a single night. Hell, a single hour! He suddenly realised that he'd stopped as he was thinking these things, standing in front of a plain wall. He was glad nobody had passed by, because he was sure that he would have looked slightly odd. Then a thought occurred to him, just as he was about to set off once again: he hadn't seen Dominique at all since that night, and just setting off to check Gryffindor common room was unlikely to reveal her magically at this one particular time. So he shrugged off his bag to grab a piece of parchment that he could use to write her a note, hopefully scheduling a meet-up.

Dominique really wasn't bothered by the events that had passed. The Gryffindor was as confident as ever, and never worried herself with such things. Unbeknownst to her (honest!), James was fretting, but she couldn't be happier. She liked having some freedom, and liked not being smothered - although not seeing the slightly younger boy at all did bring her some concern, of course. She saw him out and about at times, being a prefect and all, but she had yet to approach him. She wasn't avoiding him, but rathered him approaching her. Although, that didn't seem to be likely anytime soon. That was when the seventh year paused her steps and grinned.

"James!" she called, skipping up to him and leaning against the wall, her lips still twisted upwards into a bright smile. "Haven't had the chance to talk to you for a while. You haven't been avoiding me now, have you?" She giggled quietly.

James had just begun to think about what he was going to write when he heard a voice behind him that he instantly recognised. Spinning around quickly, he realised his mistake as he toppled over the hem of his robe. Blushing scarlet, he set about trying to stand back up, but the floor was slightly slippery, and it took him several goes. Looking up into Dominique's face, he tried to nervously smile, but the moment he did, he felt his face contort into something not quite what he intended, and he instantly tried to look serious again. "Dom! What were the chances!? Avoiding you? What, no! I've been looking for you! I've mis-I mean, I've been wanting to talk to you."

The Gryffindor boy seemed to be rambling, and she would be lying if she said it wasn't funny - and adorable - all at the same time. It was cute to watch him looking so flustered - and falling over. Seeing as he was red as his robes, Dominique took the kinder path and pretended as if he hadn't just had his bottom meet the stone. She laughed. "James, it's the Seventh floor, and I'm in Gryffindor House. I'm going to come wandering down here eventually," she replied. She regarded him with a mischievous grin, and folded her arms across her chest. "So, what have you been wanting to talk to me about, hm? You've peaked my interest."

James had regained most of his composure by the time that Dominique had started talking, and he managed to raise his eyebrow as she laughed, but he knew it was good natured, so he grinned himself. "Perhaps you want to be layed out on the floor as well, then? But naturally, the chances of the two of us coming down this corridor at exactly the same moment given the size of the school are tiny. Or would you beg to differ?" Deciding to tease her and hold back the truth for a little longer, James smiled. "Well I've recently discovered that the House Elves often put bison grass in our meals as a flavouring, and I was curious about your thoughts on this."

One of her eyebrows rose slowly as he spoke, not planning on touching that floor. It could be filthy, for all she knew. After all, people day in, day out had their shoes on it. She gave him a gentle smack on the arm for the comment, before laughing once more. In the end, there was no harm done. What did concern her, however, was what he said next. He had tricked her once before, and so she was a little suspicious of him. She narrowed her eyes. "James, you're not playing me, hm?"

James grinned slightly harder as Dom hit him lightly on the arm, although he did shiver a little at the contact. However he straightened his face as her eyes narrowed, obviously not quite believing his response and he adopted a look of wide-eyed innocence. "Do you want me to play you? I'm sure I could help you reach those high notes..."

Dominque's kept rising, and she fluttered her long lashes at him. "Darling, you couldn't make me do anything." She Gryffindor wasn't entirely clueless, however, and was quite willing to back her gut when it came to James. He was a little odd, but utterly adorable all at the same time. Still, she doubted he was literally coming to find her to talk about grass. "Now, what do you really want to talk about? Better be quick! I have to re-do my hair!"

Dominique's scepticism was quite clear, although James did find it lovely to watch as it spread over her face. That being said, he loved just watching her, full stop. With his grin still covering his face at their reunion, James stepped right up close to her, and whispered in her ear. "Dk you want to find out, then? Put our theories to the test? And whilst we're here, we may as well make it our topic of discussion. Grass is a little boring after all..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back