Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Lesbian
Wand
Curved 14 Inch Whippy Dogwood Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
((Yellow, open after @Ryan Fisk ))

Hester had been thoroughly enjoying making more of an Event out of receiving a rose, and she didn't intend to stop now. The next name on her list was a boy she knew vaguely through Lysander, the two of them likely having had the most unique pets at the picnic earlier in the year. She had checked upstairs and been told that he was heading for the library, so Hester didn't think twice before heading them. The loud music she had been playing as she roamed the hall came with her as she entered the library, bagpipes blasting loud as ever. As far as she was concerned, the garb and noise were exciting, and people who were studying could stand a few moments of disturbance. She spotted Ryan at one of the nearby tables, music stopping when she reached him with a cheerful grin. "Hey, Ryan! I've got a rose for you!"

Despite his earlier misgivings about Nicole making him do deliveries, Ryan had gotten rather entrenched in it already, enough so that he'd nearly forgotten he had an assignment he needed to finish before his next class. He'd stopped in the library to quickly jot down his homework when the semi-quiet was burst by a flurry of noise as a Gryffindor he vaguely recognized stopped in front of him. "How are you not out of breath? Have you been playing those the whole day?" He asked after a beat of silence. Ryan had seen bagpipes before, but he'd never really thought about the mechanics of actually playing one until now.

Hester couldn't help a laugh at Ryan's comment, shrugging lightly. "I've done pipe band my whole life, lungs of steel." She said and flexed, hoping he couldn't hear the slight breathlessness in her voice. "Anyway, rose!" Hester said brightly, reaching into her basket and withdrawing the bright yellow rose and its attached note, handing them over with a flourish. "Happy Valentines day!"

I like being your friend.
Please be nice to my girlfriend.

Augustus

A pile of books tucked under his arm, Danton moved through the library, placing the respective titles back in their allocated sections, his eyes scanning over some empty spots on the shelves and making a mental note to ensure that they were returned later in the day. It had been a reasonably pleasant morning with the slight murmuring of inquisitive minds assisting one another in their educational endeavors.

Though as Danton reached for one of the other books in his pile, sliding it into its place, he caught the distant sound of what he could only presume to be a dying Hippogriff. He paused, his brows furrowing as the sound got closer, closer and closer. Craning his body back from any obstructions to his vision, he gazed around the corner of one of the bookshelves, his eyes clocking the source of the ruckus that had shattered the libraries ambience.

A young woman sporting a kilt and - what he'd now come to realize had been the source of the noise - bagpipes, had entered the space, a basket full of roses hanging from her arm. She'd stopped at one of the Ravenclaw boys who had appeared to be tending to some school work prior to her thunderous interruption.

His eyes narrowed on the young lady, his hands taking his pile of books and setting them down on a table as he narrowed the distance between the students.

"Uh-hum! You - the Pied Piper. What in the name of the fabulous Merlin do you think you're doing, strutting in here and blasting away on those?" Danton began, strutting his way forward and gesturing toward the bagpipes with his index finger, a look of sass and dissatisfaction crossing his features. "I might be new here - but - you're definitely older than a first year, so I'm guessing you've been strutting those marvelous curls through these halls long enough to know loud noises are a big N-to the-O in the library, Braveheart." he quipped

Ryan hummed appreciatively at Hester's explanation, still inspecting the bagpipes, nearly forgetting about the rose until Hester was handing it over. He frowned at the note, half-tempted to ask for Hester's opinion on dealing with friend's awful girlfriends when one the school librarians strode over. "She's delivering roses," he said as if it were obvious, waving the rose she'd just handed him by way of explanation.

Hester was still grinning at Ryan, enjoying the feeling of a rose well received and a job well done, when a man she didn't recognise stormed over, talking a mile a minute. She stared at the man blankly, slowly gathering that he was angry at her about the bagpipes. As if people having to listen to music while they studied for a couple of minutes was the end of the world. She had to bite back a laugh at Ryan's response, nodding in agreement. "And my name isn't Braveheart, it's Hester." She added, enjoying the novelty of someone picking on her for being Scottish, as opposed to the racist harassment she sometimes experienced for being Black.

Irene knew that it was that time of the year for the busiest school event. Rose deliveries. Irene decided to not get comfortable and walked around to monitor the bustle brought about by the deliverers. There was no rule about not letting them deliver inside but she still wanted to ensure the silence or at the very least, a tolerable level of noise for the sake of those students studying especially the fifth- and seventh years.

Just as she rounded the next aisle when a booming sound echoed loud and clear. The woman frowned as she quickly strode to locate the source. She eventually found Hester in her Scottish garb and bagpipes which is what made the noise. Danton, who was the new addition to the staff, was also there as well. "Ms. MacGillivray, while I appreciate your enthusiasm for the deliveries, I appreciate it if you tone it just a tad bit.", she stated, holding her thumb and pointer in a gesture with a small gap between them. "Good day, Mr. Burrows. Settling in just fine?", she asked the man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back