Lots And Lots Of Letters

Vanessa Parker

Vanessa sighed. She felt bad for not meeting up with Veronica or writing letters to her. So she had written a letter. She climbed up to the owlery and found an owl to send the letter with. She folded up the letter and placed it in the compartment on the owl's leg. She told it who to send it to and watched it fly away. She hoped that the letter would get to Veronica quickly. She felt bad enough for not having any contact in a while. If it took a while to arrive, it would be even worse.
Dear Veronica,

I apologize for not writing sooner. I have been busy with school. Although that's really no excuse. I should have written to you sooner. So, how have you been? What's been going on? Anything big yet? Anything being planned? Not a lot of exciting stuff has happened for me yet, but I'll tell you the few exciting things that happened to me.

I got a boyfriend over the summer. His name is Tohoru Koshiba.♥ The downside of that is that there's a lot of drama in the family. But I don't really mind. I'm used to it. I'm also a tutor now. I'm helping out a Ravenclaw first year named Hiria HallButcher. I've been helping her with writing essays for classes. That's basically all of the exciting stuff that's happened to me recently.

Yours Truly,
Vanessa Iris Parker

Veronica was sitting by herself in the common room reading her favorite and abused copy of The Host by Stephanie Meyer when she saw an owl fly in and land beside her. She smiled in a little confusion because she hardly received mail. As she opened the letter she smiled and started reading. She was filled with happiness after hearing from Vanessa whom she had met over the holidays. She instantly wrote back.
Dear Vanessa,

Its not your fault. Even I could have written but I guess we've both been busy. I have been at least. I am good and am happy to say that my mother sent me back to Dumstrang. First day back was good and bad since all my friends had drifted away from me. But well guess what? Even I got a boyfriend over the summer. We met in New Zealand but even he was attending Dumstrang and is in fact my classmate, Zac Kuang.

I am very happy to know about Tohoru as for his family issues that always keeps happening. Guess we both have a taste for Chinese/Japanese guys! LOL! As for the friends I've found loads of new good friends who seem like sticking to me and being nice. I'm having OWLs this year so have to work hard with academics and am also selected seeker for Qudditch so am basically very busy with all that. As you know days are short here in North and soon winter will set in freezing everything. Well that's basically all for now.

Your friend,
Veronica.

Vanessa had decided to carry her quill, ink, and parchment everywhere so she could always write to people by letters. She also loved to write poetry, so it was easier when she had stuff to write with when she got inspiration. She was sitting in the Hufflepuff common room, reading a really good book. An owl flew in and landed beside her. She instantly put down the book and read the letter. It was from Veronica. She took out her quill, ink, and parchment to reply to the letter. She finished the letter an put it in to the compartment on the owl's leg to watch it fly off again.
Dear Veronica,

Busy is good. As long as you're doing things that you like and still have time to rest. Glad to hear that you're doing well. Sad to hear that your friends drifted away from you, though. I'm also glad to hear that you got a boyfriend. Hope that it works out for you two. Glad and sad at the same time because of what you've been through.

What a coincidence, huh? Anyway, new friends are always good. Especially if they're nice. OWLs scare me to death. I work hard enough with normal exams, but OWLs just seem like too much. On paper high-five for being picked as seeker for Quidditch. I'm sure you're great at it. Bye for now!

Yours Truly,
Vanessa Iris Paker

Veronica had been very sad and heart broken for the past week due to her breakup. She wanted a sister beside her because friends were not enough in this case. She thought it would be good if she wrote to Vanessa about it. It seemed weird how at such time she could think about a friend who lived thousands of kilometers away.So she wrote to Vanessa.
Dear Vanessa,
Hey. Sorry haven't written to you from a while. Lots have happened here since the last letter. Well, as you might know or not know my father owned a bar and was a drunkard. I did sneak some alcohol a few times at home and recently did the same for the first time in school. I had three bottles of firewhiskey down my throat because I had been lonely whole day and then I met this guy called Enzo who was flirting with me and since I was so drunk and little angry at Zac I kissed him.

My boyfriends saw this and well I tried to explain him that I was drunk and everything. He said he wanted some time to think so we didn't talk for one and half week and it was killing me to see him sad because of me. And then this Saturday I asked him to go to the village trip with me so we could sort it out but he broke up with me. Its very sad because he had told me so many times that he loves me and he didn't have the strength to forgive me well that sucks because well he was my first crush and bf and now...

My friends are trying to get me out of it but I think it will take a while since I have to see him everyday and we are in the same class but I am not talking to him. So much about me. What's going on in NZ?

Yours truly,
Veronica

((Sorry for the delay.))

Vanessa had a smile on her face when she received the letter from Veronica. The smile had faded when she began to read it, though. She wrote back immediately.
Dear Veronica,
I'm really sorry to hear that. But don't worry, it will all be okay. I mean, my first boyfriend, Ben, broke up with me and at first I was really sad. But then I met up with Tohoru again and he became more than a friend. Or maybe I should find Zac and talk some sense in to him. I mean, if he wouldn't listen then I don't think I could do much, but I could try. I hope you start feeling better about it soon.

Anyway, not much has been going on lately. Just the normal, boring schoolwork. It's becoming even more boring. All that jazz.

Yours Truly,
Vanessa Iris Parker

((No p))

Veronica grinned widely as she watched the familiar owl reach her. She was glad to hear from Vanessa and thankful for her offering help but time had passed and things had changed. She was almost happy now.
Dear Vanessa,

I'm glad that it is gone. My two friends, Ken and Josh helped me get through it in spite of the fact that they broke up amongst themselves. Sad in a way but they have started liking other people so I guess that's okay.I even talked to Zac and have decided to be on friendly terms with him rather than completely ignoring him.It was weird how once he got into a fight with this other guy over me. Its confusing to figure out a few things but we are friends now and thats good. Zac's sister has come to join Durmstrang and she seems to be upset with me for being friends with her Italian boyfriend Scipio. It's not like I want to date him or anything and I am hoping she will understand that with time. OWLs coming near and pressures increasing. I just played my first game as a seeker and guess what? We won! It was tough since the other seeker was so much more muscular than me but I squeezed out through a tiny space and got hold of the snitch! We won't be having more games for now since the winter will soon set in. I've finished shopping for my winter clothes hoping that I am running with the trend. That's all for now.

Hugs and Kisses,
Veronica

Vanessa hoped that the next letter from Veronica would be on a happier note. She was glad that it was. She replied right away, a smile on her face as she wrote. She sent it back when she was finished.
Dear Veronica,

I'm glad to hear that it is gone. Also glad to hear that you can still be friends with him. Don't worry about Zac's sister. She's just worried that she'll lose her boyfriend to your awesomeness. Something like that, most likely. I'm sure you'll do fine on OWLs, don't worry. Glad to hear you won! I would high-five you but I can't really do that through letters. But that's really great. Not much has been going on recently. But I'll be sure to tell you when something interesting happens here.

Yours Truly,
Vanessa Iris Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back