Lost

Athene Perthro

Athene found herself wondering aimlessly into the new garden. She felt lost, but not in the sense that she didn't know where she was. She was confused, scared, worried, emotional, but mostly confused. She was at a loss of what to do, and so had taken a walk. This walk, she had told herself, would help her think. Her logic, however, had fallen through. She was still just as lost as she had been before she had taken herself up on the walk.

She sat down on a bench and closed her eyes. She was loosing her friend, her only friend, and she was scared. Scared of being alone? She wasn't sure. She leant forward, and opened her eyes so that she was looking at her interlocked hands in her lap. It was her own fault, she reasoned. She was choosing not to accept Bella back as a friend. But why? Was she afraid that Bella would lash out at her again, and she'd loose her a second time?

She ran her fingers through her hair, distressed.
<i></i>

((Is it okay if I post? If not Ill delete it...))

Kat had decided to take a walk through the new garden. She had brought her sketch book along with her in hopes of finding something nice to draw. She finally found the perfect place. She was about to sit down on the ground when she saw a nice bench. That will keep my shorts from getting dirty..she thought to herself. However she noticed a girl who looked rather upset sitting on one side. Kat walked over to the bench, "Hi..um do you mind if I sit down?" she asked shyly.

((That’s fine, I was actually hoping that someone would respond tonight :) ))

Athene heard someone approach, but didn't look up. She didn't really care who it was, or what they had to say. She didn't recognize the voice as it asked if it could sit down, but nodded anyway. "Sure," she said softly, digging her nails of one hand into the other.
<i></i>

Kat sat down and opened up her sketch book. She began to sketch the beautiful bush oppisite her. She was aware of the saddness coming from the girl next to her. "Are you alright?" Kat asked though she continued to draw.

((Okay! :D ))

"I'm fine," Athene lied. "Just confused about something, I guess." She looked up and smiled weakly at the other girl, who she recognized then as a Hufflepuff class mate. The other girl seemed to have lost interest, and was working in a sketch book.

"What're you drawing?" Athene asked, unable to make the picture out, as the girl had only just started. She sighed, and bit her lip. The world was really going to the dogs if she was talking civilly to a Hufflepuff. A Hufflepuff! She closed her eyes again and frowned. Boy, was she confused.
<i></i>

Kat looked up from her drawing to study the girl's face. She remember her as a fellow classmate who was in Sytherin. The girl did not look fine but Kat held her tounge for the time being. She smiled a friendly smile at her. "I am drawing that plant right over there." she said pointing directly across from them. "I'm not sure what its called. I just thought it looked interesting." she said with a shrug. "Im Katheryn by the way." she said with another smile before turning back to her drawing.

"Athene," Athene said softly in reply as the Hufflepuff gave her her name. She opened her eyes again. "You're a good artist," she admitted reluctantly, eyeing the drawing.

Kat smiled at Athene. "Thank you." she said. "Oh I have heard of you." Kat said suddenly remembering. "You're Bella's friend. The one she went to stay with after she stayed with my sister, Kiera." she said with a smile. "Its nice to meet you."

Athene cringed. She had been thinking that starting a conversation with this... this Hufflepuff... would take her mind off Bella.

"I guess so," she muttered, but then started. Bella had lied to her! She had said that she was staying with a Muggle family, and if Kiera and Katheryn were at Hogwarts, they obviously weren't Muggles. "You're not Muggle born, are you?" she asked weakly, hoping that she would say that she was.
<i></i>

Kat shook her head. "No my dad is a muggle and I live with him but my mom is a pureblood. I actually just found out she is a death eater and alive! Untill this year I believed she had been dead since I was two but apparently she runs Borgins and Burke as a Burke representative." Kat said with a smirk. She was actually surprised with herself as she was usually shy.

Athene blinked as Katheryn mentioned her mother being a Death Eater. That wasn't the kind of thing you told a stranger. She looked up and narrowed her eyes. "Aren't you worried that I'll dob her in?" she asked.
<i></i>

Kat shrugged. "No you're friends with Bella. Why would you do that? Plus I havent actually met her. The last time I saw her was when she faked her death and I was two so I dont remember anything. I only know it from Kiera because she talked to her with Bella." she said without any real emotion.

"Oh," was all Athene said, but bit her lip hard again. So, Bella had lied about everything. She was friends with Hufflepuffs. So much, in fact, that she had wanted to stay with them. She had lied!

Athene felt tears stinging at her eyes, and she brushed them away roughly with a shaky hand.
<i></i>

Kat was almost done with her picture when she noticed tears coming out of Athene's eyes. She put her pencil down and turned to Athene. "What's wrong? Did I do something?" she asked confused as to why she was crying.

"No, it's not you." She stood up, keeping her eyes down. Her lip had begun to bleed. "I think I need to go," she whispered.
<i></i>

Kat frowned. She really didnt see what the problem was. "Well something is bothering you. Maybe it would help to talk about it." she suggested in a helpful tone. Then suddenly a light bulb went off in Katheryn's head. "Is this all about Bellatrix?" she asked suspiciously

Athene laughed softly. Maybe Hufflepuffs weren't so slow, after all? She looked away, and out at the beautiful garden.

"It's about Bella, yes. I'd rather not talk about it though."
<i></i>

Kat smiled. "Well then would you like to talk about something else to get your mind off of whatever it is Bella did?" she asked.

"No," said Athene, looking away. "I don't think I want to talk at all, thanks." And she began to walk away, feeling very confused and a little upset.
<i></i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back