OOC First Name
Kaye
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Curly 12 Inch Flexible Pear Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
After being at the school for only a little while, Isabelle only knew the way from her common room to the Great Hall which wasn't really much help at all. She needed to be able to make her way to classes efficiently once they started but she couldn't do that if she had trouble talking to people and asking questions. In saying that however, she felt much more confident than she did in her first and second year even if she was still extremely shy. The girl wanted to find a place to read over her textbooks that was quiet. Her first thought was her dormitory but it was always full of people she did not know. Her next thought was the library but she had no idea how to get there. The library was her favourite place at Beauxbatons as it was big, quiet, and held many different texts to choose from. She attempted to ask several different people but to no avail until she was able to catch up with a smaller boy walking along the third floor corridor. "Pardon!" she exclaimed, having to fully catch her breath before she was able to speak again. "Where is le bibliothèque... err... liebree..." Isabelle felt her cheeks go red, having accidentally spoken in half-english, half-french, and then attempted to go back to english. Hopefully the boy understood what she meant.

One of Flavio's goals for that year was to improve his grades. He had wasted too much time helping Rory, allowing his own grades to dwindle and he wanted to correct this now that he was working on improving himself. This required him to read up on everything he was supposed to know from his previous two years in order to be caught up when classes started. Flavio could not think of a better place in school to start this task than the library, and quickly began to walk there when he had a free moment.

On his way through the fourth floor corridor he was interrupted from his thoughts by a girl shouting pardon, and soon halted his steps to look at her curiously. She was older than him and the kind of person Flavio would be scared to speak to otherwise, but she had spoken to him first, and he did notice the she was clearly confused with English when she switched between it and another language. Flavio understood how difficult English was to learn and still confused himself sometimes, even after speaking it in school for more than two years. He sympathized with her and was lucky enough to understand that she was trying to ask about the library. He smiled kindly at her and spoke. "The library? I am going there now, if you want to follow me." This was all he could think of to say to her, as he was unsure if she would understand. His own English was still not perfect and his accent stood out among his peers but he was happy to repeat himself or reword his sentence if the girl asked him to.
<i>
</i>

The boy seemed nice, especially considering he seemed to understand what Isabelle was saying. He had a slightly different accent to the other people in the school too and so maybe he himself had transferred at one point? Nonetheless, he only seemed to be in his second or third year and so that probably wasn't true. Isabelle nodded at his offer to take her to the library and proceeded to follow him down the corridor. Luckily, the library wasn't too far away at all and within minutes they had reached it. "T-thank you." she told him with a friendly smile. "Ore i-in France wee s-say, Je vous remercie." Isabelle didn't know if the boy would care about how she says it in France but her English teacher told her it is sometimes good to translate things as it could also start up a conversation and make her some friends. Only she wasn't sure if that was the right time to do it and was left standing there with her hands behind her back and looking at the ground, not sure what to do next.

After leading the girl down the hallway and towards the library, Flavio stopped and smiled at her, raising his hands apologetically as she thanked him for the help. It was common sense to Flavio to help and he didn't want to be thanked. "No, it is okay. The school can be confusing sometimes. There is no need to thank me." Even as a third year he occasionally found himself lost, or accidentally in the wrong place if he wasn't paying attention to the moving staircase. He understood the need to ask for directions and was happy to have been able to help the girl. "In Chile, we say muchas gracias." He said, smiling happily. He turned to walk into the library and continue on his way, but quickly paused, turning back to the girl. "Do you need help finding books?" He asked. He wasn't sure if she would know what he meant, but thought it would be best to make sure she did not need any more help finding what she was looking for before he bid her adieu. If he was left in the library on his own, without any way to find the books he wanted to read he would have been more scared and confused and he didn't want to wish that feeling on anyone. It would be irresponsible of him to leave without making sure she was content, and he would have felt incredibly guilty.
<i>
</i>

Isabelle smiled slightly at the younger boy. Confusing was an understatement when it came to Hogwarts, even though she managed to find her way easily around Beauxbatons when she was there. The boy had obviously come from Chile and Isabelle beamed at him when he responded by saying thank you in his language. She made a mental note to thank her language teacher for telling her to translate things in French to start a conversation before turning towards the library. But before she was able to enter, the boy asked her if she needed help to find some books and Isabelle paused for a moment, not really sure how to answer. The books in the library were obviously written in English which Isabelle found difficult to read and so help was probably needed in finding the right books. "Umm... if you w-want to, then s-sure." she said, continuing onto the library. With a nervous shaking hand, she retrieved a small piece of parchment with a list of things she needed to study from the inside of her robes and opened it up. It was weird having someone watch her do it, and she tried not to shake as she read it. "Herbologie..." she read allowed. She then looked up to the boy. "Y-you know where Herbologie is?"

Flavio nodded, following the older girl into the library. He looked around, noticing that it was nearly empty because classes were yet to start. Without anyone else around, the atmosphere would be more quiet than usual and therefore more perfect for studying. In addition to that, the books he was looking for were sure to be available. The books the older girl he was with were likely available too and Flavio was glad for this. "Herbology? I think that is over here." He said, beginning to walk through the library, eventually reaching the isle where he usually found herbology books to study from. "My name is Flavio, by the way." He said, turning back to the girl, figuring that knowing her name would make interacting with her easier. "What is the title of your book?" He then asked, looking up and down the bookshelf as he awaited her answer.
<i>
</i>

Isabelle followed the younger boy sheepishly around the library, feeling all eyes on her as soon as she stepped inside. They probably thought she was weird having to get help from someone so much younger than her, but she tried not to care. The boy introduced himself as Flavio and Isabelle nodded before realising that he probably wanted her name in return. "Isabelle Vernier." she muttered, not sure what else to say. When he asked her for the name of the book, Isabelle fumbled with her piece of parchment and began to try to read the name of the book. "One t-thouu...zand magical herbs a-and fungee... fungeye." she read, hoping she had pronounced each word right and that Flavio knew what she meant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back