Lost

Trevor Davies

Trevor wandered around hopelessly, how was he meant to get food for his sisters darn Pigmypuff when he couldnt even find the pet shop. He sat down on a bench, If worse comes to worse, will have to try and feed it human food he thought with a sigh.

Kala ran down the street. Something had fallen and scared her, and now she just couldn't seem to calm down. She saw a boy who looked much older than her sitting on a bench. Hopefully at least being by someone else would make her feel protected. Just as she was getting closer she tripped over a branch and hit her head on the bench. 'OWWW! That bloody hurt!' She sat up and rubbed her head trying to make it feel better, than sat beside the boy on the bench, too embarrassed to say a word.

Kala laughed weakly and knocked on her head. "Totally. Hard head, ya know. Comes from to many years of being an accident magnet." She leaned forward and looked down the street. Satisfied that no one was following her she leaned back and tried to calm her breathing. Her purple lock fell in front of her face and she brushed it back. She bravely stuck her hand out. "I'm Kala. Its nice to meet you."

Kala shook his back then let go. "I bet she is awesomes."

He seemed very nice when he smiled. "I will be going soon. I start my first year soon. I'm very excited. Do you go here?" Kala then thought to herself. 'Of course he does silly.'

He laughed "she is..." he said with a nod.

"Wow, I'm sure you'll enjoy it" he said thinking back to Hogwarts Scotland. "I dont know..." he answered when she asked if he went to school here. He realized how stupid he would've sounded "I mean, I just moved here, but Im not sure if Im going to continue going to school" he answered hoping he didnt confuse the girl.

Kala cocked her head. "Why not? I mean. HELLO!? I've transfered schools lots of times." Kala nodded. "Yes education is very important. Where'd you used to go to school?"

Kala looked at him suspiciously. In a slightly flat tone she said, "You sure about that."

She could feel hurt in his eyes. "Its you decision. You should be able to do what you believe is right for you."

Kala gave him a sly look for changing the subject. "Ravenclaw. So why wouldn't it be good for your family. Money problem?" If anything she was a very persist ten year old.

Kala nodded. "Thats what my brother keeps telling me. He works night and day so I can go." She sighed. "Our parents died a long time ago so we've always had money problems. There is no shame in that. There are ways to get around I'm sure." She offered him a hopeful smile. "I'd really like to see you there. What house are you?"

Kala nodded. She knew he knew she understood. 'I hope I can help him.'

She smiled. "Gryffindor. The brave, I think? Then use that bravery. The only way to get out of the position your in is to better yourself. Thats why I'm working so hard to help Kari help me. I want to go to school and try my hardest to make myself better. Giving up is never the way to go. Yes?"

Kala nodded. "Yes family is important, but I do have the view point of the little sister. I would want Kari to do what ever he could to better himself. To help give both of us a better life. Even if it meant if all my needs weren't fulfilled. I'm sure that your little sister feels the same."

Kala laid her hand on his shoulder. "Why are you the head of the family? What about your parents?"

Trevor smiled, even if Jess did feel the same, he didnt want her to give up any luxuries for him, he wanted her to be able to be spoilt the way she was when their parents were alive.

When the girl picked up on his comment about being head of the family he frowned how did I let it slip? he asked himself annoyed. "They died in a car accident about a month ago" he lied easily, he'd only twice told people the truth and the lie had become so regular he had almost convinced himself.

He looked down at the ground hoping the girl wouldnt persue the subject, as the wounds it left were still raw.

Kala nodded, covering his hands she gave them a small squeeze, hoping to provide some comfort. Knowing how much it hurt she didn't pursue. "All I can say is I'm sorry. I know its hard."

She paused thinking about how else she might be able to help. She took out a small piece and scribbled her address on it. "Here, If you ever need anything, come find me. I'll help you. Just please. Don't give up on your dreams." She offered a strong smile.

Trevor smiled as he took the paper with the girls address. I cant believe I'm getting comforted by a ten year old he thought But shes quite mature for her age, he tried to make himself feel better and besides you know, no one here he convinced himself.

"I wont" he told her "Even if it takes me alot longer to achieve them than it takes others, I wont give up" he held up the paper with the girls address. "If we meet up again, and I bring my sister, think you could convince her to come to Hogwarts?" he asked

A coy smile painted itself on Kala face. "I can be a very persuasive person when I need to be. My brother tells me all the time I act to big for my age." Her face grew sincere. "I do hope we meet again. I would really like to help you. I know its hard losing ones parents, and then dealing with poverty, but it is possible to do. I want to help you do it."

Kala nodded. "Only if I convince you to come back as well." She frowned, 'He must know that is the main reason his little sister will want to go to Hogwarts. To be like her older brother."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back