Lost!!

Miranda Carson

OOC First Name
Sammy
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix
"Miranda, what have you gotten yourself into now??" thought Miranda Carson. She had left the leaky cauldron not even 5 minutes ago and she was already lost. "Mabye my parents should have came with me..." she thought nervously.

Athene was just leaving Knockturn Alley, when she saw a small girl, looking a little lost. Whats she doing alone in Diagon Alley? She thought. Surely her parents would have stayed with her? But, then she remembered that she herself had bought all her school gear alone.

But at least she hadn't gotten herself lost, unlike this kid.

She walked up to the girl with a smirk on her pale face. "Lost?" she sneered, looking down at her and flicking her black hair over her shoulder. She stood with her back straight, her eyes hard and unreadable.

Miranda turned and saw someone who looked around her age, mabye a little older, sneering at her. "No.....O.K. mabye I am a little bit, but it's not entirley my fault you know."

Athene rolled her eyes. "What's your name, kid?" She liked the fact that the new students would all be smaller than her, younger, even if only slightly. She had hated being a first year student - in a position below all the other students at the school, but soon she would be a second year, and all the new first years would be inferior to her. She smiled at the thought.

"My name is Miranda Carson, NOT 'kid' O.K.? Might I ask yours??" Miranda said.

Athenes smirk froze in place, and her eyes flashed dangerously. "Well, obviously I didn't know your name, and I had to call you something. No need to be rude." She wondered if this girl - Carson, had a wand yet. She doubted she knew any magic though, even if she did.
"I'm Athene," she said softly, coolly. "Perthro," she added after a moment.

"Ohh, Ok, and I'm sorry for being so rude, but I don't exactly know where I'm going, and I need to meet my parents at the leaky cauldron in 30min and well ya..." she explained rather quickly, averting her eyes.

She wondered for a moment what she could do with the girl. She could help her... but where would the fun be in that? Or she could trick her, which would definitely be entertaining. Athene had always been good at deceiving people. However, there was a chance that the girl was pure, and Athene didn't like to play tricks on people who didn't deserve it. She tried to reserve her cruelty for Mudbloods, half breeds and idiots.

"Well, Miss Carson, I could walk you to the Leaky Cauldron, if you like?"

"Really? that'd be awesome!! Thanks!!" Miranda said eagerly,but suddenly doubt struck her. "What if she is going to get me even more lost and then leave me or what about........ENOUGH!!! Miranda pull yourself together, she is offering to help you and you don't see anyone else offering now do you??" she thought nervously. "Ok then lets go" she said quietly.

She smiled at the girl, as best as she could, and began walking vaguely in the direction of the Leaky Cauldron.

"So, what house do you want to be in?" She asked Carson casually, although somewhat stiffly.

"Im not really sure, but I am postitive that I dont want to be a Hufflepuff. What house do you think i should go into?" Miranda asked eagerly. "You don't think I belong in Hufflepuff do you?? It's not that I dont like hufflepuffs, I've met some OK ones, but their way too ummm whats the right word....."

((OoC: Thats fine, we can continue another time :) ))

"Pathetic?" Athene supplied. She hadn't expected this girl to share her hate for Hufflepuffs... or rather, her want not be sorted into the house. It was asking for too much that she hated them, too.

"And you'll want to be in Slytherin, if you know whats good for you," she said automatically. She doubted the girl would be sorted into Slytherin, but she was not going to support another house by recommending it.

"pathetic, ya thats the word, Im not sure about slytherin, I mean it sounds kind of cool, but my friends tell me they are all evil and I shouldent mix with them...." Miranda said sadly, "I think I might enjoy Slytherin, but like I said, My friends think that..well, I guess it all depends on the sorting hat, eh?" She said with a slight smile.

Athene couldn't help grinning. She couldn't really think of anyone 'evil' in her house, but she knew that she and Bella were probably partly cause for the rumors, being two of the biggest trouble makers in the school.

"No ones evil in Slytherin," she said, the smirk still on her face. Yet, she added to herself. Bella was hovering pretty close to the line that separated good and evil. "We just know how to have fun. And if it means swearing a bit at the teachers and blowing a few things up, who's to stop us?"

She casually flicked out her wand; Bloodoak, and started twiddling it in her fingers.

"umm no one I guess, but that does sound like fun....." miranda trailed off looking thoughtful. "I wonder," she thought, "Could I be in slytherin, regardless of what my friends say??" "Well, mabye I will be sorted there," Could be fun she thought yet again. "Oh ya I wanted to know," miranda asked "What is your favorite class?"

Athene snorted. She was sure that this girl wouldn't be put in Slytherin. She was too... Athene wasn't sure what. Uncertain, perhaps? At least, she couldn't see any 'sly' or 'cunning' qualities in the girl.

"What your friends think does by no means effect the Sorting Hats decision," said Athene with a brittle laugh. "However, if you are sorted into Slytherin, and your friends are sorted into Hufflepuff, I suggest you ditch them immediately. You'll get a bad image, hanging out with that sort of people."

Athene decided that this girl, although somewhat pathetic, wasn't too bad, and so she decided that she would take her to the Leaky Cauldron after all, instead of leading her in a circle back to Knockturn Alley. She needed to go to a shop near the Leaky anyway.

"I don't have a favorite," she said after a moment. "But my best subject is Defense Against the Dark Arts."

"Oh ok, ya well I think that Transfiguration will be my favorite, even though it is supposed to be kind of hard." Miranda said with an air of certainty.

"I think history is the hardest, because it's so boring," said Athene, wrinkling her nose at the thought of History of Magic. She laughed, and then suddenly, she paused, and blinked. She couldn't remember ever having a normal conversation like this, with anyone. Not even with Bella or Makato, her closest friends. If you could even call them friends.
She shook her head and pursed her lips, and quickly carried on walking, staring dead ahead.

"History of Magic, eh, doesn't sound very intresting...Who teaches it??" She asked with intrest.

Athene just shrugged. What had gotten into her? Why was she talking to this girl? For all she knew, she could be sorted into Hufflepuff! Athene the felt anger at herself pulsing in her veins. Her father had warned her last year against talking to people before they were sorted. She had to be more careful.

"Ummm are you OK??" Miranda asked with concern. "Is something the matter?"

Miranda thought, 'was it something I said, she kinda just stiffend up, mabye I should be more careful about what I say. Never mind she'll probably snap out of it soon.....I hope.

Athene took a deep breath before answering, but her voice was still stiff and cold. "Everything is fine."

"Umm Ok, if your sure, So....what do you think of Gryffindors??" Miranda asked slowly.

Athene's lips pursed together, and it took a moment before she answered. 'I try not to think of Gryffindors, if I can help it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back