Lost or Fate Drawn?

Lolli Lovre

OOC First Name
Cole
Wand
Straight 8 Inch Flexible Fir Wand with Manticore Venom Core
The wait had been long enough, Lolli had decided she needed to see a nurse for a check-up. She wasn't sure why, but she felt it was about time. Things had moved by so completely fast, that she had lost track of friendships and what not - along with some classes. She knew that she needed to get back into the swing of things, and kept telling herself that she would eventually do so. Unfortunately, figuring out how to do so had lead her down the steps into a darker place. She had never been good at thinking and walking at the same time. Lolli looked from left to right, and back looking for a place to go. "I thought moss pointed toward civilization." she said sarcastically, pointing out to the air that it was bleak and cold, like it would be in a forest.

Lolli recalled having met a Slytherin, a person who stuck in her mind like no one else could. He was color blind, Stefan she believed his name was. It was his name, she knew it. She wished that she knew where he was, because she didn't think all Slytherin's were as nice as him. In fact, the house name had slither in it. She took a breath and walked around another corner. "Hello?" She called out bravely, trying to remain unafraid.

Stefan had just about finished packing his things for the break. He wanted a break from the packing
although it had taken up very little amounts of his time. Stefan knew that going back was inevitable
but, he really didn't want to. So after growing bored of just taking a few of the items, he did not
mind taking home, Stefan left his dorm room. His wand in his pocket. One thing that annoyed Stefan
was that the dungeons were dark. And it meant Stefan had great trouble seeing anything. No matter
the time of day and weather outside. He always took his wand, so that he could see somewhat. Stefan
did not often come across people in the Dungeons, generally Slytherins, not many people from other
houses wandered down, unless they were going to potions and even then, it was far from the actual
Slytherin entrace. Stefan didn't mind too much of the situation of Slytherin. It was dark, yes. But it
was far from others. Selcuded, and unless you pushed a Slytherin out the way, you were ignored.
Exactly how Stefan liked it. Anywhere else, he assumed that constant questions were asked. People
in other houses were known to be a lot nicer, and this made Stefan realise how lucky he had been on
Slytherin. Although he had no friends from Slytherin, the matter did not annoy the colourblind slytherin.

Stefan turned a corner, and heard a small voice. He had his wand out, a little ball of light being emitted
from the end. He looked around him. Extending the wand out to see. It was as he turned into a long
corridor, that his wand found who had called out. "Lolli?" Stefan exclaimed quietly, not raising his
voice much. He hadn't seen this girl since the beginning of term. She had given him a lollipop. Something
that he had not had until that point. Stefan couldn't help but smile a little. "What are you doing down
here?"
Stefan asked confused as to why anyone that was not of Slytherin house would come to the
dungeons. But, Stefan wasn't really one to question. He used to just go with what was in front of him.
Now, things seemed different. He could ask questions. Not until he was back home did he have to act
differently.​

Lolli was going to give up, not on walking around, but on anybody finding her. She averted her blue eyes to the floor when a light came her way, the brightness making her sneeze just once. She looked up, and saw him, the boy that she had been thinking about. "Stefan!" Her tone became excited, it was really great to see someone she knew. She looked him over, he looked no different then when she had met him at the start of the term, save for the bruises mostly gone, the others ones she couldn't see in the dim light. She moved a bit so that she could see around the small light of the wand. She felt a bit stupid, she had left hers in her dorm, where an empty suitcase was. She had been debating for weeks on whether she should go home or not, loving the freedom of Hogwarts. A smile light up her face when she could finally make eye-contact without squinting.

"Me? Oh nothing..." She didn't want to admit that she was lost, but it eventually would come out so now was better then never. "I may be a little, i mean i'm kinda..." She looked behind her and frowned. "Lost." She was embarrassed to admit it, and her Foster Father would tell her she had no sense of direction. "I'm glad your eye isn't black anymore." She commented, remembering that it was the last time he saw her. She looked down at her shoes, just normal tennis shoes, she didn't want to stare at him and seem like a weirdo. Or seem like she was rude.

Stefan couldn't help but smile, as she too realised who he was. It was odd, since they'd only met once before, and yet
Stefan felt close to her. She too had a medical condition, just as odd, as he did. And although Stefan's was a little more
hidden than Lolli's was. But Stefan was nevertheless glad to see a friend. He was smiling at her, an odd thing. But she
was the very closest he had to a normal friend, to which the conversations did not circle around his bruises and scars,
and was just, normal. It was odd for Stefan but he was glad he knew her. Stefan wondered if she would be going home,
or if she was staying. Stefan wondered if it was even a choice for her to make. He was aware that he did not know her
that well, but then nor did she. Since they had only met once before, and that had no been that long. However Stefan
Knew it would take time. Stefan wondered why she even came down. It was likely that getting lost was a big thing.
Really only Slytherins knew there way. "I can help you get out of here." Stefan suggested. "We just have to
turn and walk the other way."

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry It sucks

Lolli observed the moment of silence as just them going over their friendship. It was true they didn't know each other well, but Lolli had sealed their friendship when she offered him a lollipop. Her face lit up pretty brightly when he commented about turning around. She looked over her shoulder an d laughed a bit. "But, that's the easy way to do it." She then looked back at him, and kept that smile. She really hadn't thought about it, but maybe it was fate that made sure she didn't. After all, she had been distant from everything for quiet a while. Even classes, if she wasn't perfect though, there would be trouble. Maybe that's why she wasn't going home for the holidays. She waited for him to start walking in the direction she needed to go, thinking of a good conversation starter. "What have you been up to lately?" She asked him, wondering if people were nice to him. She hadn't run into any bullies yet, and she hoped to hear the same for Stefan. Even though they weren't related or close, she felt a sort of protective air over him. She was like that with all her friends.

In a part of Stefan's mind, all he wanted to do was tell Lolli all about his home life. She was the only one he knew,
he could trust. She just had that air of trust that Stefan had seen in no other person. She was kind, and helpful.
But then, his father could pretend to be that too. It was why Stefan had such trouble at school deciding on who
was worth his trust. Who would keep whatever he said a secret and who would at the first chance tell all those
around him. Stefan did not like laughter when it was directed at him, nor did he like it when laughter was directed
at any one person. It seemed useless, and extremely pointless. It just hurt the person being laughed at, and only
the person being laughed at knew how crushing it was. Stefan did not like speaking about himself. His colourblind
-ness was all he did speak about. The bruises and scars, how he became aware of magic, his mom, whatever he
said, they were mainly lies. He didn't want people to know. Not just yet, and he was glad, Lolli seemed to be the
only one who did not push him on the matter. Not that many others had. But he got the sense some did. And it
was not like they, couldn't just ignore it. When it looked like abuse, people only wanted to provide exits, and in
Stefan's mind, he knew the only exit was to kill his own father, or do something of the like, and Stefan knew he
couldn't do that. He knew. Stefan just smiled at Lolli and nodded, while beginning to walk in the general direction
of the exit to the dungeons. "You don't want to stay down here, Slytherins aren't friendly with other houses,
especially first years from other houses."
Stefan said simply, with a small smile on his face. He wasn't always
sure where the smile came from. It just seemed to happen, more and more at school. It just went ahead to prove
that school had been a very good thing for the young Slytherin.

"Not much. Just trying to get through the work. Preparing for the exams. Now, getting ready to go back to the
house."
He meant house as in where his father stayed. He did say home, because it was not a home, not to
him. A home was like Hogwarts, a safe place, where you could be sure of happiness as long as you had a friend
or two. He had been punched in the stomach by an older student. He had no idea why, but he assumed it was a
wrong place, wrong time thing, and Stefan did not even want to think about it. He had a small bruise and he knew
what his father's reaction would be. Pure joy. "What about you?" Stefan returned the question. He knew that
was the polite thing to do. He was still getting used to social nicety. "Apart from difficulty reading things in classes
and the books when it's dark, This has been the best 6 months of my life."
Stefan had no idea where this came
from, he'd thought, then said it. He did not really regret it. Obviously it gave away something, but he didn't mind
Stefan could've meant a number of things. He just smiled at Lolli, actually for once, okay with something that
gave a little more of the real Stefan Archer away. In a sense, it was maybe about time. And even if things with
Lolli took a turn south, he would be happy that she had been the first person that he even slighty opened to. In
truth Stefan wouldn't at all mind if they weren't friends in 5 years time, the small progress he'd just made, he
would be pleased. Although, Stefan really didn't want to not be friend with Lolli. As far as friends went, even
though this was only there second meeting he would be happy to state that she was probably his best Friend.
And considering 6 months ago Stefan didn't even have one friend, he was indeed right in saying that the past
six months had been the best of his life.​

Lolli looked at her feet, nudging at the ground a little bit. She didn't like silences. She could bear them at home, when she was alone. But, when another person was there, it bugged her. She wanted to know what Stefan was thinking, she thought that it would be interesting. She wondered if his dreams were black and white, which they probably were. One of the reasons Lolli could relate so well with him, was that they both had those illnesses. She found Stefan's much more interesting though, since he was colorblind. She couldn't imagine what it would be like, never seeing a single color. Only shades. She wished she could teach him to pick apart the ones.

Without even thinking, as she listened, she reached into her robe pocket and plucked out a lollipop. She took out another, it was orange like the first and smiled. "Would you like this one, it tastes like an orange?" She offered after his speal about mean Slytherins. She was an orphan, she knew how mean kids could be. It was a sad thing to admit she had been picked on for not having any parents; but Lolli would not let herself think about it. She kept the Lolli pop out and listened to him talk about school. it sounded like he was having a good time, and he seemed less quiet then at the beginning of the year. That made Lolli smile. Lolli shrugged when her time came to talk. "I missed quiet a few courses. I've been having some issues lately." Growing pains were what she called them, though she hadn't grown any; except her now waist-length hair. "I've been trying to catch up, and I was actually trying to get to the hospital wing, just to get to a check up." She said, trying to make it sound cheerier then it was.

Since Lolli was able to talk about her problem, she always made light of it. Always saying she could fit into tight spaces, and be useful as a flier in cheer leading; which she never got to do. She had never wanted to make it sound like a problem, but wanted it to make her seem stronger. She would never show weakness. She could have been born deaf, like her sister Corey. That would be a hard thing to go through.

Stefan just nodded, as the began to walk. He looked down at the lollipop and took it from his friend. "thanks" Stefan
muttered to her. He however did not eat it straight away. He put it in his pocket. Stefan knew that going back home would
mean a big change in a lot of ways. For one, he knew he would have a lot less food. Hogwarts had helped Stefan in a lot of
ways, one of these ways was that it had helped him, gain some weight, and become a little more evened out. But, back home
Stefan knew he would lose most if not all the progress he had made. So Stefan just had to stock up. He knew that Lolli would
most likely noticed, she just hoped that she didn't push the subject. If She did, he would just deny anything. They might be
friends, but Stefan wasn't ready to talk about it. And less so, to someone he didn't know much about. Stefan knew his mind
condricted itself at times, but Stefan counted friends, but none of them were enough his friends that he would talk about his
father with them. He wouldn't speak to a teacher or anyone. He would always say the words. My father is a wonderful man, he
is caring and loving, I am clumsy, and the colourblindness makes it sometimes difficult for me to see. Stefan knew it was silly
to keep such things secret but, he didn't care. He didn't want to talk about it. And Stefan was Stubborn.

Stefan wondered what problems Lolli was having. It was odd when the tables were turned. He wondered about her. But, Stefan
wouldn't ask about it. He would ignore it, and pretend that nothing was wrong. If she spoke more about it, then Stefan would
ask. But Stefan wasn't one to point blank ask a personal question. And While they were friends Stefan didn't think personal
questions were the way forward. As Lolli went on, Stefan grew a little more curious. "I think I know where the Hospital Wing is."
Stefan said. He wasn't positive, but he wasn't bothered. He knew at some point he would have to go. But he just didn't want
them to think less of him, and then look into his family. "I can help you get there. I mean we might lost, but safety in numbers."
Stefan smiled at his friend. He knew what it was like to have a condition and see the brightside. He didn't have bright sides.
Snow was too bright, night was too dark. The Sun full out in the sky was blinding. Stefan however was healthier because of
the fact he was ignoring all the problems and just doing what he wanted. "I really should actually make an appointment.
I still haven't been, and I think I was meant to tell them about the colourblindness."
Stefan knew that he wanted to see
colour, and that was why he would even go in the first place. But, more and more, he was caring less and less about colour
and feeling a new confidence about the colourblindness and how it was not in fact a curse. It didn't have many up sides. But
The new found confidence, meant Stefan didn't really care.​

OOCOut of Character:
I swear I replied this. darned Technology...

She smiled at him. He always made her smile, she knew he was a bit sheltered; it actually made her feel smart. Was it mean? To use the fact that his parents hadn't taught him, or that they didn't give him sweets, to make herself feel better about her intelligence level? She wouldn't think about that, it wasn't like she openly called him stupid, and it wasn't like he was stupid. She shook her head slightly in the dark, she felt mean just for thinking that. "No problem. I've got more..." She offered. "Are you going home for the holidays?" Maybe he would want to take some home for his family. Lolli smiled at that thought, not remembering if she had asked much about his family last time they spoke. She was about to ask but he spoke first. She smiled in excitement. "Great!"

After all the time at the school, you would think she would know her way around. However, Lolli didn't have a built in GPS, in fact, she still followed people around to her classes. It was a safe bet now, since she could pick out faces in a crowd. She nodded in happy spirits now. "Thanks so much!" She said, very grateful. Lolli had always very polite, especially to people she considered friends. She nodded again at him, and smiled more. She wondered if they might have some magic to get him to see color. That seemed like it would be overwhelming. That would be great, maybe little by little. She hoped they could, but wondered if he would want to. "Would you want to see color if they could let you?" She asked, she knew his answer to the question. Or at least she was sure she did.

It was a good feeling for Stefan to know he was leaving Hogwarts for the holidays with at least one friend. He knew several people, and apart from James, he didn't really class any of them as actual friends. Lolli, was one of the people that Stefan enjoyed spending time with. Though this was only the second time. It proved a lot easier, and it was clear they had a number of things in common with each other. This was strange for the Slytherin, since he didn't really have much in common with anyone. He was a lone person. He didn't have many, if any interests, so he had create conversation out of something else. It was difficult, but with Lolli, it was easy. There was nothing he had think about, he hardly had to hide himself. He could smile with her, without feeling it forced. Stefan shook his head to her. One was enough, too many and he knew his father would notice. It wasn't something he wanted his father to notice. Sweets were not something his father thought that Stefan knew existed. But he did. Like other things he thought his son knew nothing about. Stefan could hardly blame his father for thinking so. He'd not given him any reason to think differently. Stefan hardly spoke at home. And he wouldn't begin speaking more at home any time soon. Stefan was perfectly okay with the silence. "I don't really have a choice in the matter. He's the only family I have, and I'm the only family he has." Stefan said, what he said was the truth. He just didn't believe the word family was right. But he couldn't change it. It was the word that had to be used in the situation. He knew he didn't have an inch of excitement in his voice at the fact he was wasn't, and that Christmas, was a very new thing to him. Stefan smiled at Lolli, hoping that he would be able to help her to hospital wing, and that he wouldn't just get them both lost.

It made Stefan smile, that she was happy he was able to help. Stefan couldn't help but smile. It was good to know that he was of some use. And not worthless, and useless as he'd been told. But Stefan just went along his daily business, not really too bothered. And Hogwarts had helped him realise how his father was incorrect about him. The question which followed, puzzled Stefan. It wasn't because he didn't understand the nature of the question, but more because he'd never really properly thought if they could what he would say. The obvious answer would be yes, but it would depend. "It would depend. If they could cure it, yeah, I think I would say yes. But, then It might not really work, and I might see the wrong colours. If it was just temporary, I'd say no. I mean, I want to see colour, but then losing it, would be worse than never having it at all. At least I currently I don't really know what I'm missing" Stefan neglected to even think about how it would effect his home life. As much as he thought it might make things better, he couldn't be sure. It would be different for sure. His father would have a smaller amount of excuses for his violence, but that would not actually stop him. That Stefan was positive of. There was no stopping it. "Would you say yes, if they could fix you?" Stefan returned the question. Wondering what she would do.

Lolli smiled at him as they walked. She clasped her hands behind her back in a thoughtful position. She popped her fingers and then dropped them as she listened to what Stefan had to say. She found it slightly weird, did he not want to go home? Lolli wanted to know, in fact the curiosity consumed her. However, some also possessed her not to ask. She'd know in time if she was supposed to. The little Ravenclaw was wise beyond her years, and nodded slightly at him. "Oh." Was all that she could really muster. What was she supposed to say? 'I'm sorry, why?' Then she could hear the uncomfortable silence that could follow it. She wasn't going to be that bold, even though she and Stefan were friends. Something was different though, not with Lolli but... with the Lolli that hung around him. She felt that she should be more gentle, and protective of this svelte boy.

Lolli's eyes searched around, the dim light was barely enough for her, but she couldn't imagine how hard it must be for Stefan. She listened to his explanation. It made a lot of sense. She was slightly shocked when he asked her, mostly because she didn't really have an answer. She turned around to walk backwards and look at him. She put her hands behind her head in a relaxed position and shrugged. "I don't know. what I am, it makes me who I am. I would never have trained so hard in my life, if I didn't think I was weak. I'm actually pretty lazy, I'd probably get fat if I thought I was fixed." Once again, Lolli made light of the question. She couldn't take it seriously. It made her problem a problem.

It was noticeable the silence between them. Stefan picked up on it, although he thought nothing of it. He was sure there would always be lapses in conversation. A point where neither knew what to say. It was a little silly to think that but Stefan definitely did. He was sure that Lolli was just thinking. Taking to consider what was being said, or had been said. Stefan was the type to do that. He knew it made the conversation slower but he had to think over what he said, he didn't want to say something wrong, or something that would offend. Stefan wasn't really used to speaking with others, not until the start of the school term. This was really the most Stefan might have said in a year, but now, he had made friends and he had to actually speak to people. And it was proving to be some what daunting. Still. But Stefan learned, from what he had said before. It was clear. Stefan nodded as she spoke of her condition. He didn't think that it would actually change her, not really. Only her appearance. He knew that he would probably grow to be a lot bigger and taller than he was currently. But he could understand why she wouldn't want to be fixed, or why she was unsure. He was unsure, and his condition was rare. Very rare. Stefan nodded to himself. Unsure of what next to say, he knew that they were almost out of the dungeons. And for this he was glad, they would no longer need the light of the wand, to be sure they could see, although Stefan was really just guessing that he was walking the right way, and not about hit any walls. "But, you're not weak, I'm sure it wouldn't change." Stefan said looking at his friend. He looked back to where they were heading, Stefan was glad that they'd not come across any Slytherins. He didn't want to get into any bother. Stefan prefered being able to hide in the shadows. He thought it was a lot easier than actually facing anyone. It sure was a hell of a lot less scary. "We are almost out the dungeons." Stefan said with a smile.

"What do you do on Christmas? If you don't mind my asking." Stefan asked, curious. It was the first time he had ever heard about christmas, and while he never he wasn't going to be celebrating, he was curios as to what it actually was. He'd never heard of it before hogwarts and while Stefan didn't ffeel like he missed out on anything. He wanted to know what it was. Stefan knew it was an odd-ish question to just ask, and he hoped it didn't give it too much away that Stefan had never celebrated it before, But it didn't matter that much. Stefan was okay with saying the he didn't celebrate it, if that was what he had to say. At least he was now aware of what it was. Slightly.

OOCOut of Character:

Sorry, I couldn't come up with anything else.

OOCOut of Character:
Completely fine, I myself have problems with inspiration :)

Lolli looked at Stefan with a slight smile and a skeptical look. He really had no idea. Her first day off school, when she couldn't go to the dojo, she had sat around and ate all day. Watching TV with Noah, and making jokes. The most activity she had gotten that day, was the popcorn fight they had. Her smile changed from the skeptical look to a softer smile. She missed that time, she missed being a kid. She couldn't do it when her father was home, never. She shook her head, her strawberry blond locks bouncing slightly. "Oh it would change. I'd probably be like..." She paused slightly. She almost said, 'like the other girls'. She didn't want to be like them. "But I like the real me." She said with a smile. All the other girls were so self absorbed. "Good, it's cold down here." She didn't have much meat on her bones, so her being cold was nothing new.

"We put up a tree and a Manora, and we sing carols, and cook a lot of food." She said with a large grin. They had Jewish and Christian faith in her house. The magic did not stop them. She looked at Stefan, his blue eyes were so pretty. "What about you?" She asked him, still walking backwards and looking at him. Lolli was too young to have feelings or notice him, but she still looked at him, taking in his features. He reminded her of Noah, only Stefan was American. They both had soft features. It made her smile. It was one of the reasons she found it easy to hang out with him.

There were a few things that Stefan had grown used to at his home, which he knew most others would find silly. The usual o'clock drinks. The post at 9 in the morning when there was some. His father sitting at the living room window gazing up at the sky when the stars came out. It was all moments when the house was quiet and Stefan could breathe without much fear. But these moments were short lived. They lasted only for a second, and then it was back to usual. Violence, and anger. He'd also grown used to the cold of the dungeons. Mainly as his room at home was colder. No heating. And Stefan had little clothes to keep him warm. But Stefan really wasn't complaining. He just nodded to his friend. What was odd to him, was that Stefan had a similarly thin frame, and yet it didn't bother him, and it didn't seem to bother her. He had a lot in common with Lolli, and that was something Stefan wasn't used to. Not that he was really used to anything. But, he was growing used to things. "You get used to it really. I'm pretty used to it." Stefan shrugged. Stefan could see the up coming stairs up to the exit. He was glad they were almost there. Stefan much preferred the light of the other places in the school than the Slytherin area. But then Slytherin had it's qualities. It had in a sense helped him get more used to darkness and what to do in the event of darkness. As for christmas, Stefan just nodded. He had no idea what a Manora was. He could imagine what Christmas meals would be like. As much food as a school feast, But Stefan just wasn't to that kind of thing. He barely ate as it was. He ate a lot more than before, but even at that it was a small amount compared to others.

"We don't celebrate christmas. I didn't know it existed until coming to Hogwarts." Stefan said honestly. He was smiling, but it was an embarrassed smile. He knew what he'd said, wasn't exactly a normal thing to do. And it was the most honest Stefan had ever been in a long while. If Ever. Stefan knew it wasn't always great to be honest, but he felt like he should. This was a friend. And it would be obvious that he was lying if he made something up. At least now, Lolli couldn't hate him for lying. "Just this last flight of stairs" Stefan said meeting her eyes. He turned off the light on his wand, since now there was light from the entrance hall. Although Stefan had to cover his eyes, sudden changes in light were never good for him.

Lolli didn't know what to say in silences with Stefan. She didn't want to seem like a person who couldn't shut their mouths. She knew first hand how annoying that ones. Those were the type of people you generally couldn't trust. Like Laura, at the foster home. She hated to think about that house, and how she wasn't going to go back for the holidays. She had decided that she needed to catch up, and stay at the school. She had been going back an fourth with that decision. Within a matter of minutes she had decided stay or go. Within another few minutes she would decide again. It would be a last minute decision, Lolli never had been good making up her mind. "I don't think I ever could." She admitted. Lolli like New Zealand summers, and was okay with the winters. All her life she had been bundled to the point of looking like a rollie-pollie when she went outside, so she was never exposed to extreme cold. She turned her neck each direction to pop it, a bad habit of hers.

She had never heard a statement so shocking. She wondered if he celebrated another holiday, but doubted it. "You didn't?" She let her eyes grow big in surprise and her mouth drop slightly and she stopped walking. "Wow, you are missing out, it's so much fun. So you've never gotten a Christmas present or anything?" She asked. She began walking again, this time forward and next to him. "I'm sorry it's just really surprising!" She said with a bit of a giggle, realizing how stupid her reaction must have been.

OOCOut of Character:
I'm so, so, so sorry it took so long!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back