Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Asexual (Mervyn)
Wand
Straight 14 1/2 Inch Rigid Dogwood Wand with Unicorn Tail Hair Core
It had been the most important game, with the final of the year and the Slytherin captains let game. Leda was meant to have caught the snitch, instead she’d received a blow to the forearm, and then two additional hits in quick succession, one straight in the stomach and one in the ribs. She’d been winded and slowly made her way to the hospital wing, angry and hurt that she had let the team down. She just hoped Sapphire would catch the snitch in her place, and give Slytherin back the hope they needed. Entering the wing, she looked around for someone to help her, trying not to admit just how irritated and lonely she was feeling.

Sapphire's ribs were throbbing where the bludger had hit her. Bit she had more important things to worry about. She bolted from the pitch as soon as she'd landed, avoiding the other players and her brother. She used her broom to speed back to the castle, sticking close to the ground and hoping no Professors happened to spot her. She jumped off, moving full speed and sprinting through the castle. She nearly ran into the door, but she managed to silently slip in.

She quickly spotted the redhead she was looking for. She straightened, her breathing ragged, and walked up behind Leda. "Hey," she greeted as she came up next to her. "Took out half of Ravenclaw," she grinned, exhausted. "But we won."

Leda was aware she wasn’t the only one from the match that made it to the hospital wing. After joining Alexis, she’d watched as a handful of Ravenclaw had joined them, but Leda was both surprised and thankful that she appeared to be the only Slytherin. Between Odette and Sapphire they must have really taken out most of their team. Leda wished she knew how the game was going, after vaguely hearing that the fourth year had taken her role as Leda had hobbled off the pitch, she was shocked to see her join her in the wing.
Concerned and surprised, she lifted herself from the bed that she’d been delivered to, taking a few exhausted steps towards her house mate, who seemed much too excited to be here purely for an injury. Leda didn’t even have the time to get out a question, her hands grabbing Sapphires arms as she peered into her face for answers. Aw received them instantly. “We..we won?” She repeated, searching her eyes as though it was some kind of joke. She hadn’t realised how much she had wanted Slytherin to win, not just a game, but the cup. If they had won with enough points they would have beaten Gryffindor too. “What was the score?” She asked eagerly, frantically waiting to hear if this year was their year.

Josephine couldn't quite believe how many victims this Quidditch game was making. She was busy bringing each to a bed in turn. Every time she checked one over, it seemed like another one had popped up. She was of a mind to have a talk with the headmistress about doing something about the bludgers. Did they have to hit quite this hard? She returned to the bedside of the first girl that had been brought in, noticing another girl was now there. "Please don't move too much." She told the girl as she saw her grabbing the other girl's arms, seeming agitated. All this fuss over a match. "I have a potion here for the pain, you need to take this." She told the girl, not caring too much about their conversation. She knew it would be cruel to deprive the girl of company, but it would make her easier to care for if she didn't get riled up about a match that was now, thankfully, over. But Josephine simply had to work around it.

Sapphire grinned at Leda as the girl got worked up. "I, ah, heh," She rubbed the back of her neck. "I'm not totally sure. I know we caught the snitch and I think Jasper scored twice... I, uh, usually just try to hit things." She smiled shyly, scooting back as the nurse appeared. "Sorry I didn't keep them off you, Leda," Sapph apologized. She always felt so bad when Leda got hit when Sapph was on her broom too. She could've done more.

Leda was forced to break contact with Sapphire when one of the nurses tried to give her pain medication. It was the last thing she wanted right now, although she would admit her ribs weren’t appreciating the last few minutes either. The Slytherin took her potion, wondering if it was brewed in the hospital wing or whether Professor Pendleton had made it. Either way it tasted disgusting. The sour taste in her mouth was forgotten quickly though as her friend told her that Jasper had managed to score twice. Surely that would have been enough. She grinned again, “I don’t care, you caught the snitch!” Leda hugged Sapphire with one arm, the other too sore to lift properly. “You won it for us.” It was something Leda couldn’t do.

Josephine knew she was intruding on the girls' moment, but all she cared about was her patient. The match meant nothing to her, and even as a former Slytherin it hardly meant anything to her that her old house had won the cup and the match. Maybe that was because her school had been in Scotland and not here, but she had never been very interested in Quidditch. She sighed. "Let me look at that arm." She told the girl when she was done hugging her friend. She turned to said friend. "Have you been hit too? You should rest as well if you were. If not, please give me the space to help your seeker here." She said, her voice not especially warm. There would be time for these two to catch up when the girl had been patched up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back