OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
10 inch knotted rigid Ash with a Hippogryff feather core
Amaya had come to a conclusion over the holidays, one she was sure she was ready to share with her one friend. She made her way up to the Hufflepuff hallway. Maybe it was true what they said about the special bonds between Slytherins and Hufflepuffs. She sidestepped a few younger kids, her notebook held tightly to her chest. After a bit of time with Abian, she had decided she could trust him. And maybe he was her best friend. For the first time... well, ever, she felt okay with opening up to someone. And having him read her story... maybe. One step at a time. She scanned the hall of Hufflepuffs, looking for one in particular.

Abian found it hard to believe that he was in his fourth year already. It was something that stressed him out a little, as he knew the lessons would only get harder. He was passing his classes, but only barely. And by now, he should probably be starting to figure out what he wanted to do after Hogwarts. Ever since Professor Pendleton had told him about healers, he had been thinking about that. He wanted to help people. But... in the muggle world, only the smartest people became doctors. He doubted the wizarding world would be any different, and Abian had never been very smart. He was lost in thought about this as he walked up to the common room, only to stop short at the sight of Amaya. He approached her. "Hi!" He said, putting on a cheery face.

Amaya turned when she heard someone greeting her. "Oh, Abian, there you are." She smiled at him. "I need to borrow you for a bit. You busy?" She asked him. She thought a moment. "The student lounge is usually pretty clear this time of day. We could go there." She offered, eager to talk to him. Without really waiting for an answer she turned and made her way through the crowd to the empty room nearby. She took a seat on the couch near the fire, setting her notebook down. She looked towards the door to see if Abian had followed.

Abian blinked at Amaya's words. "You were looking for me?" He asked her, surprised by the coincidence. "Cool." He frowned when she asked if he was busy, then told them where to go. She didn't seem to wait for an answer before heading over there, and Abian shrugged. It wasn't like he was actually busy, so it was fine. And it was rare to see Amaya worked up about anything, it was clear she had something to say. "Not busy at all." He said as he followed her into the student lounge. It really was pretty empty, and Abian took a seat on the couch next to her and glanced at the notebook. "So... what's up? Boy trouble?" He teased her a little. He didn't really know if Amaya liked anyone, but it was as good a guess as any.

Last edited:
Amaya gave him a smile. "Yes I was. And I found you."

She smiled again as he took a seat next to her. She shifted, pulling one of her legs up under her and turning to him. "Something of the sort. I like someone. I'm sure of it now. And I wanted to tell someone about it. You're my best friend, so you were my first choice." She gave him a small smile, running her fingers over her notebook. "I also decided I'm ready to share the story I'm writing. I'd like you to read it and tell me what you think of it. I haven't shown anyone yet." She told him seriously.

Abian was curious what Amaya wanted from him, but waited quietly for her to tell him. It was unusual for her to ask for anything, so this felt pretty special. Abian's eyes widened when Amaya said she liked someone. "Oh! That's so great, is he nice?" He asked eagerly. "I won't ask his name if you don't want me to know, or her name." He said, realizing that he probably shouldn't assume, especially because he found himself crushing on both boys and girls. But Amaya's next words made him go quiet for a bit, he felt flattered. "Oh, that's so cool... I'm honored you want me to read it." He said with a small smile. "I don't think I'm the best at reviewing a story, I'm not the brightest or best reader, but I will do my best okay? I bet it's awesome."

Amaya smiled at Abian's response. "Yes, he is. He's... younger than us." She admitted, tucking her hair behind her ear. "But there's something about him... he has this energy that draws me in. He's confident and cute," She bit her lip, smiling a bit. She chuckled a bit as he told her she didn't have to tell him who her crush was. "It's fine, Abian. His name is Kace." She blushed a bit. Amaya couldn't help but laugh a bit about his response to reading it. "Again, it's fine, Abian. You don't have to have this long, detailed review of it. A simple yes or no to liking it is perfectly okay."She handed over the notebook. "I won't tell you what it's about. I'm sure you'll figure it out yourself." She gave him a sly grin.

Abian listened as Amaya talked about the boy she liked, a grin spreading over his face. It was clear she really liked him, he had never seen Amaya like this. "That's so cool!" He told her. "You should ask him out!" He knew he was a bit of a hypocrite as he said this, as Abian had developed a few crushes and hadn't asked a single one out, but he could tell Amaya really really liked this Kace. It made him want to see them together. "I don't know him, but I could get to know him! I bet he's nice, if you like him." He said with a smile. He felt reassure by her words about her writing, and took the notebook as she handed it to her. "Do you want me to read it right now? Or should I wait until you're not sitting next to me?"

Amaya laughed at Abian's response. "No." She told him simply. "It's not time yet. Maybe eventually. Once we've built up a better friendship." She told him. She smiled and shook her head. "If you want to, then be my guest. He's a good guy to know." She said bluntly. He really was. She chuckled at his question. "Why don't you just read it in your dorm tonight?" She asked him. It seemed best, and would give him time to anticipate what it could be. She found some stories were better with more to look forward to.

Abian frowned. "What do you mean it's not time yet?" He asked her, not understanding what she meant by that. "If you like him... you should ask." Abian wondered if she was unsure if he liked her back, that would be understandable. Or maybe she was worried about ruining their friendship. That was what was keeping Abian back from talking to Jacob about liking him. He didn't want to lose him as a friend. "I'll talk to him sometime, gotta check him out before he can date you." He joked. "Nah, kidding. I know you're a good judge of character. Probably better than me, honestly." He admitted. As Amaya told him to read it in his dorm, he nodded. "Sure. Can you give me a hint of what it is about? I'm curious."

Amaya chuckled at Abian's question. "Don't you know anything about romance?" She teased. "You need to wait for the right moment." She rested an arm on the back of the couch, tucking her legs up underneath her. She chuckled as Abian teased her about meeting Kace. "Careful, or you might like him, too." She winked playfully. She'd noticed Abian staring at a few different people. He seemed to grow fond of others easily. But that was alright. She chuckled as he asked about the book. "It's just a coming-of-age story. Sorta. It's a mix of things, really. Mainly paranormal fantasy with a bit of romance. Basically, this half-vampire hybrid runs away from her coven to try and live a human life and it doesn't work." She tried to explain, unsure if she even made it sound right.

Abian shrugged. "Not a ton." He admitted, though he suspected Amaya knew that. It wasn't a secret that Abian hadn't dated anyone yet. Not for lack of interest in anyone either. But Abian hadn't known if he liked anyone enough to really date them, or really... how to go about all that. He blushed at her words, a little annoyed that Amaya saw through him so fast. Had she noticed his crushes? That was kind of embarrassing. "I won't!" He said defensively. He was glad to listen to Amaya explain her story instead, and looked at the book curiously. "Oh, that sounds pretty cool! Does she fall in love with a human? Are there wizards in it? Magic?" He knew he would find out if he read it, but hoped Amaya would just reveal a bit more.

Amaya laughed at Abian's response. It was nice to hang out with him. She chuckled at his questions. "No wizards, but there are some supernatural elements to it, of course. As for the rest, you'd have to read it to find out." She knocked his knee. "Now that's enough about that. So, how have you been, anyway? It seems like ages since we last spoke." She told him. She couldn't remember the last time the two had sat down to talk.

Abian nodded at her explanation. He probably would have added some wizards, but maybe to someone who lived in the wizarding world already they weren't so special anymore. "So... Vampires are real, right?" He asked slowly, vaguely remembering Defence Against the Dark Arts mentioning them. "Have you ever met one?" He didn't know if they just wandered around like regular people or not, he'd never put much thought into it before. He pondered it quietly for a moment before answering Amaya's question. "I've been alright. Been thinking about what I want to do after Hogwarts, honestly." He said, feeling like he could share that with Amaya. "What about you?"

Amaya smiled at his question. "Yes, they are, and no, I haven't." She crinkled her nose at him. "Even so, they have always been a prominent figure in mythology." It was why she had chosen them in the first place. She smiled as he seemed to turn a bit serious. "Oh? And what have you been thinking about doing?" She asked him. "I started taking dancing lessons over break," She told him before wiggling her brows. "And now that I'm in school Kace has taken pity on my separation from them and is now my new teacher," She winked playfully.

Abian nodded. "I knew they were real, but I wasn't sure if that meant they just... walked around and visited wizards or whatever. From your expression, I guess no?" Abian wondered if there were entire vampire towns or cities around. That would be cool. He had known Amaya would ask about his plans after Hogwarts when he brought it up, but was still a bit embarrassed to say it. "If I can make the grades, which really is unlikely, I... might wanna try to be a healer." He admitted. He laughed a bit and wiggled his eyebrows back at her. "Did you decide to take those dancing lessons to have an excuse to hang around this Kace guy? Because that is adorable." He said with a teasing grin.

Amaya ran a hand through her hair. "I don't know. Maybe Professor Pendleton might, you could ask him." She thought Styx might be a better candidate to know, but Styx was also less likely to answer. She could tell that Abian was a bit uncertain about his plan. She nudged his foot with her own. "You'll be fine, Abian." She could actually totally picture him being a healer. She blushed as he teased her and punched his arm lightly. "Well, I do admit he was what originally drew me to the idea." She gave him a wry smile. "But I'll continue my classes with or without him. I've found it oddly... freeing. Did I ever tell you my mother had me take gymnastics for a few years?" She asked him.

Abian nodded as Amaya mentioned Professor Pendleton. Somehow, it made sense to ask him. He was definitely more approachable than Professor Styx, and seemed, to Abian, to be the kind of guy who kinda knew everything. "Maybe we can ask after class sometime next semester." He said, feeling like it was kind of a weird question to bother him with at his office. Abian blushed as Amaya said he would be fine, and shrugged. He appreciated her words, but also knew she didn't know how bad his grades were. He decided not to enlighten her. "I hope so." He mumbled. He grinned teasingly when she said the boy had drawn her to the idea of dancing, but was happy to hear she liked it on her won too. He smiled. "That's awesome. It's great when you find a thing you like." He said, thinking fondly of his skateboard. He blinked at her question, then shook his head. "I don't think so. Unless I forgot, sorry."

Amaya raised a brow at Abian. "'We'? I suppose I can go with you, since you asked so nicely," She teased. She grinned at his words. "Right, right, that wouldn't be doubt over your iffy grades would it?" She nudged his foot. "You know Alice Holland holds that giant study group. Avaria Lockwood is there, and her grades have been just- bleh for years. Why don't you go join them? You and Avaria could moan over your textbooks together," She teased. "Or, Avaria's best friend is usually there, too. What was his name? Vader?" She gave Abian a sly grin. She was sure she'd seen him staring at the Accio boy as well. "I suppose if you went I might come along. Not that I particularly care about my grades." She shrugged. She nodded as he reaffirmed her dancing. "I thought so, too." She couldn't help but laugh as he apologized. "No, you didn't forget. I don't mention it often." She ran a hand through her hair. "So, Abian, honestly, who all do you like? I couldn't quite tell."

Abian grinned at Amaya. "Of course we would go together. you made me wonder it with your story. Maybe it will even give you inspiration." He said with a small laugh. Abian wrinkled his nose as Amaya brought up the study group, he'd done his best to avoid it. "I don't know... I bet they're all smarter than me." He said with a slight shrug. "It would just annoying if they had to help me all the time." He perked up a bit at the mention of Vader. "Oh I know Vader, he's one of my best friends too. I taught him how to skateboard." He was surprised that Amaya offered to go along. "Only if you want to... don't feel like you have to for me." He said, feeling a bit embarrassed. He was at least glad he hadn't forgotten some information about her. But Amaya's last question made him blink, and then blush. "What? What do you mean?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back