Looking for answers!

Njord Aesir

Wand
Ebony Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Talon
Njord stumbled through the doors at the bottom of the stairs. He was out of breath from running down from the Divination Tower. With his bag in his arms, papers almost falling out he stopped and dropped it out side of Professor Heimdalls office. He leaned over with his hands on his knees breathing heavily and trying to gain his thoughts and put them in order before he confronted his mother.

Kailey was taking a walk around the castle after the end of Divination, the headphones to her magical music device jammed into her ears as she walked, whistling a happy tune that mtached the song she was listening to when she saw Njord, His things scattered on the floor and Njord himsef bent over out of breath. She put the music device up, shoved it in her bag, and quickly walked over to him. "Are you okay Njord?" She asked

Startled and still breathing heavily he stood up to face Kailey. "Yeah..." he said breathlessly. "I'm...just..." He was definitely not an athlete and running down all those stairs proved it. Njord gave up and sat down just outside his mother's office. He had tried the door but it was locked and now he didn't know what to do. "I'm looking for my mother." He said, his lungs beginning to feel almost normal.

"I...I think I know something about our past and I want her to confirm it." He was a little cryptic. He was never really sure what people knew about his past and that of his mother. It certainly wasn't a secret but he didn't like to tell people, because they always gave him such a pitying look and he hated pity.

"It must be important...The way you rushed down here and all." Kailey replied sitting down beside him, Noticing how out of breath he seemed Well, Running down a tower and up Six flights of stairs would not be fun... She felt the need to ask what it had been he had found out but restrained herself, if he wanted to tell her he would. It really wasn't her business anyways.

"It was...it is." He turned to face Kailey and continued. "I don't think I told you anything about my dad. Well, when I was a baby he was killed. My mother and my Grandparents never really told me much about his death and I never really knew how he died." Njord took a breath. "Well, as you probably saw in DADA today, my Boggart was a masked death eater. And...well...it kind of triggered something in me. I think a death eater or more then one of them might have something to do with his death." At which point Njord began to get fired up again. "And now, as usual, I can't find my friggin' mother to ask her about it. Since I was a baby she's always been gone. You would have thought living in the same castle we might see more of each other but nooo! Sweet Merlin she's frustrating." Njord stopped and realized he was blabbering.

"I'm sorry, I don't mean to dump all this on you, especially with everything that happened at the Tri-Wizard. My problems are minor compared to all that." he finished leaning slightly into her. He contemplated putting his arm around her but he was still unsure of the course their relationship was taking them.

As Njord talked Kailey scooted a bit closer to him and listened intently. He was opening up to her and she wanted to make sure he knew it wasn't in vain. As he ended his long explanation she couldn't help but feel sorry for him, Not really pity, But compassion... Since she really had no idea how to respond she stayed silent hoping he would throw her a line to respond to. Fortunately, only seconds later that oppurtounity arose. Unfortunately, It was him belittling his problems and apologizing when he really didn't need to be. "Njord, You don't need to apologise. While everything that happened at the tri-wizard tournament was pretty important. You're finding about about a huge chunk of your life. Theres nothing minor about that." She replied when he was finished talking

"I know," he said quietly. "but it's hard not to think about." Njord shook himself a bit, bringing himself back to reality. "So...now what do I do? Where the heck is my mother, and when I find her how do I get her to tell me what I want to know? Will she even tell me? Or am I way off base and just making it all up in my head because of what happened at the tri-wizard?" He gave a big sigh, "This is all so confusing..."

Kailey looked at him, Se hated seeing him like this and wanted to comfort him. But didn't quite know how she could. Without even thinking about it she took a light hold of his hand and looked at him then she stopped, she didn't know what she could possibly say to help him or make him feel any better. She let out a sigh, "It is confusing... and if it's this confusing for me I can't imagine how you must feel. I'm sorry, I really wish I could find something to say to help..." she said her voice weighted down by dissapointment

Njord realized he had been dumping on Kailey. He knew she only wanted to help but he was looking for more from her then she could give. He was looking for answers, and needed them from his mother. "Sorry, again, I don't mean to dump on you. My mother is the one who can answer my questions..." his head was low now but he did not let go of Kailey's hand. It felt right to hold it and it comforted him in a way he didn't really understand. "I don't suppose you've seen her?" he said looking up with a half smile.

"Unfortunately I haven't... Do you have any ideas as to where she could be?" Kailey asked she knew that even if she reassured him again about her not minding all of this he would still feel sort of bad about it, so she didn't knowing how sometimes it got annoying. I'm just not much help at all today... she thought

"No worries, I'm sure I'll find her." He said feeling alot better then he had when he first showed up at his mother's office.

Suddenly Njord heard foot steps coming along the dark cold corridor. He look and could see someone walking toward them. When he saw who it was, his heart almost stopped. He quickly stood, helping Kailey up with him.

As she came into sight Njord suddenly didn't feel all that better.

"Hello mother, I've been waiting for you."

"Njord and Miss Paramore, how are you both today?" Freya said with a lightness in her voice. She had been out on patrol and was chilled but refreshed. Before the children could speak she unlocked her office door and bid them come in. "Please come in and I'll prepare some hot chocolate..."

Kailey was up quickly thanks to help from Njord. She saw Professor Heimdall coming towards them and she seemed to be wanting the both of them to come in. After she walked out of earshot and had her back turned to them Kailey leaned over to Njord "What do I do? She seemed to want both of us to come in... But this is a family matter that I shouldn't be intruding in." she whispered urgently knowing this was a personal matter.

"I don't know, just come in...I'm not sure how this will go" Njord said whispering back.

((I'll start a thread in her office))

Kailey simply nodded, Took a deep breath, and Followed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back