Corrine Lagos

7th Year | Cullen <3
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Wand
Knotted 9 1/2 Inch Sturdy Ebony Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Corrine had taken to spending a lot of time outside, journal in hand and thoughts in her head. At least, the weather was good, spring clearly in the air, everything coming fully into life and full bloom. The rosebush was always a lovely place to simply be alone with her thoughts. Corrine sat on the grass, her back to the bench there, her face near a rosebush. She was busy contemplating, her gaze on the flowers there, though she really wasn't looking at them. She tapped her quill against her lips as she thought for another moment and then began to write some more.

April was on the hunt, the hunt for her target in the assassin game. It was a fun game, but April was mostly concerned with winning. Her first impulse was to look outside, mostly because she was using the game as an excuse to spend some time outside in the spring sun. Before going on her hunt, she had spent some time figuring out who exactly her target was. It was some girl in the year above her in Gryffindor, and she had subtly asked around to make sure she had the right girl. Eventually another Gryffindor student had pointed her out, so April knew who to look for. All that was left was finding the girl. April had already looked around outside a lot, scanning the great lawn, the gardens and even he cliffs. Now she decided to stroll around the lake, though she was starting to have the feeling that her target was simply inside the building somewhere. The area around the lake was nice, though. So why skip it?

She told herself to be stealthy as she walked around and looked around for the girl. But when she actually spotted her on a bench near the rosebush, all thoughts of stealth went out the window. She gasped, drew her wand and practically sprinted at the poor girl while quickly casting the lumos charm. "GOTCHA!" She shouted while trying her best to touch the girl with her glowing wand before she could get away.

If it hadn't been for the relative silence, the girl would absolutely have had the jump on Corrine. As it was, she only just dodged the lit wand, rolling practically into the bushes with a shriek. She came up with her hand on her heart, her quill and notebook had flown into the air with her shriek and were nowhere in sight. "Merlin!" she shouted. Corrine was slightly jumpy by nature and if this was how every assassin was going to come at her, she was going to have a rough go. "Wow, ok. That's how this game goes" she breathed. "You scared me" she added, laughing at herself. She needed that laugh. The week had been far, far too serious.

April gasped and came to an abrupt halt when she saw the girl roll into the bushes to avoid her. She had run at her in a complete blind determination, and hadn't really stopped to think of the consequences. She grimaced, turning off the light on her wand as she extended a hand to the girl to help her if she needed it. "Sorry, I got a little too eager." She said sheepishly. "I was just so excited to have found you! I mean, you are Corrine Lagos right? I didn't just scare the wrong person half to death?" She had been fairly sure, and her comment about the game seemed to confirm it. "I'm April, and you're a good dodger. I just hope the bushes didn't hurt."

"No, no. I'm Corrine" she grinned. "So I should be expecting more of this, this week?" she asked, brushing herself off as she stood from the grass. She smiled at the offer of help but it had been alright. She hadn't needed it. Examining herself, she discovered a scratch on her arm, likely from a thorn but nothing lasting. "Thanks. I think I'm going to need to get better if I'm going to win this game" she said as she glanced through the grass for her journal and quill. "Did you happen to see where my quill flew off too?"

April laughed and shrugged when the girl asked if she could expect more of this. "I can't say, only if I find you all unaware again." She said with a grin on her face. "Sorry." She added at the sight of the scratch. She didn't comment on the girls assessment of herself within the game, as she had no clue how Corrine had done so far. She helped her look around for her quill. "Did you find your first target yet?" She asked. "AH! I got it!" She added as she found the quill,holding it up in the air. "Here you go." She added as she handed it back to her.

Corrine wasn't too worried about the scratch. It stung slightly but she knew it would heal. "Well, I know my target, sort of. We're in the same year but oddly enough I haven't seen her around much this week" Corrine said with a slight frown. She knew she would need to put in some more effort into looking for her target before the week came to an end. "Ah, thanks!" she smiled, taking it and picking up her book. Corrine would have to find her place again, but that would be easy enough.

April was glad the other girl wasn't bothered by the way she had tried to get her, and gave her a bright smile after she handed over the girl's quill. "I'll stop bothering you now, then. Bye!" She said happily, waving at her before skipping away. If this game would let her meet people like this often, she would enjoy it a lot.

Corrine waved at the girl as she skipped away. "I'll see you around" she called out, figuring she'd see the girl at some later point in the week, especially now they she knew she was, in fact, Corrine. Finding her page, Corrine began writing once more after she'd settled onto the bench, a smile on her face.

[The end]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back