Status
Not open for further replies.
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Sheridan hadn't been to a dance at Hogwarts ever. He went to the dances in Beauxbatons, but he'd never felt confidant enough to attend them here. Not until now. Dressed in a tux and wearing a lovely burgundy hat that matched his tie, Sheridan walked into the hall, marvelling at how nice it looked. He didn't think they would ever beat Beauxbatons for style, but it was definitely close. Smiling to himself, Sheridan headed to the snack table and quickly took a bite out of the first thing he grabbed. Blanching when he realised he'd just bitten into a pumpkin pastie, he discreetly placed it back on the tray and stepped away.

Daisy only had one more Yule Ball to go, and after tonight, she only had one Valentines Dance. She loved going to the dances, everyone looked so pretty all dressed up. Dressing up wasn't one of Daisy's favorite things to do, but she liked swirling around in dresses while dancing. Music was wonderful, and she thoroughly enjoyed dancing, plus all the food was a definite bonus. Wearing a white dress, the Sixth Year decided to try some of the snacks first before dancing, so she didn't miss any of the good stuff. As she approached the table, Daisy saw someone putting back a pastry that already been bitten. "I saw that you know." Daisy teased the person, folding her arms across her chest.

Sheridan turned as he heard a voice he'd almost forgotten in three yers. But it was still quite distinctive. "I'd almost forgotten you were here, I got used to not seeing you." He said as he turned fully to look at her. She looked different, older, which he almost hadn't expected. He'd assumed she'd be a juvenile delinquent by now. "Do you have me lowjacked or something, you just show up out of nowhere like anything?" He played with his hat, taking it off his head and rolling it along his arms in a fun game.

It took a moment for Daisy to recognize the boy that stood in front of her. It had been a wonderful, blissful three years. Her arms dropped, showing her surprise, but her eyes narrowed at the comment. "What are you doing here?" She hissed back. He still wore a stupid hat, which he started playing with. Daisy's eyes followed the hat, not letting herself be impressed by the skill. Daisy looked back up at the stupid boy, folding her arms across her chest again. "I don't even know what 'lowjacked' means, so your insult is invalid. Are you even allowed to be here?" Assuming he'd somehow snuck in.

Sheridan snorted at her as she seemed almost surprised by his return. But he didn't believe she could ever be surprised given she was always around to ruin his life. He ignored her question about what he was doing there, rolling her eyes at the clearly obvious answer. He placed his hat back on his head and crossed his arms. "Firstly, a low-jack is this... it's this muggle thing... cars.. you know what, don't worry." There was no point getting frustrated trying to explain something to her, she probably wouldn't understand anyway! "I obviously snuck in right under Katherine's nose, just waltzed in and took a seat... of course I should be here, are you kidding?" He rolled his eyes and thought about how much of a nice day he'd been having until she popped up, regardless of how nice she looked.

Daisy couldn't help but roll her eyes dramatically when the stupid cute boy tried to explain what a low jack was, before giving up. Figures, he didn't seem like the type to be able to commit to anything. He couldn't even commit to one school. Daisy wrinkled her nose at his next reply. "Who the hell is Katherine?" She asked, glaring at him as he rolled his eyes are her. He was the one being absurd, not her! "Wait a minute. Does that mean you're here for good? Or are you gonna bail out again?" Daisy hoped it was the latter.

Sheridan frowned at her, his mouth slightly open at the implication that Daisy wouldn't know who her Headmistress was. Did she pay attention to anything at all? "Katherine? Professor Alicastell... the headmistress?" He shook his head, it really shouldn't surprise him that Daisy would be so out of it, she only ever seemed to pay attention to anything when she was annoying him. "Nope, sorry to burst your bubble babe, I'm staying right here, you're stuck with me!" he folded his arms and stared at her, almost challenging her to say something. Why couldn't he have had just a lovely night by himself, maybe grab a couple of drinks and some food, find Anabelle for a dance or something. Anything but Daisy.

Daisy muttered a small "Oh" when Belrose said who Katherine was. How was she supposed to know that? "What are you, on first name basis now?" Daisy groaned audibly at Sheridan's next sentence. She wasn't going to be stuck with him! Not as long as she could help it. She would make sure to sit at the opposite classroom end as him and never be partnered up. The only time she'd ever have to see his stupid face was when she was throwing paper balls at him and pretending like it was someone else. "Well, Sheridan, this has" not "been a blast, but I have...other" better "people to talk to now. Okay bye." Daisy said, before turning to walk away before realizing that she hadn't cared at all that he called her babe. She definitely should care! Right? He couldn't call her babe! Right? No she didn't want that. Daisy turned on her heel and flicked his stupid hat. "And youdon't get to call me babe."

Sheridan snorted at Daisy, something he'd become accustomed to doing around her, his natural response to anything that came out of her mouth. "Considering it says "Professor Katherine Alicastell" on like everything, yeah." He said, air quoting her name and annunciating it specifically to annoy Daisy. He was rather enjoying himself now, despite his initial despair at seeing her pop up out of nowhere. "Sure, go talk to your invisible friends, I'm sure they appreciate you as much as I do." He called after her as she turned away from him. He rolled his eyes and was about to head in the opposite direction when she turned back to him and flicked his hat. "Oi! Be gent-" He didn't get to call her babe, huh? Did that mean someone else did? Why did he find that annoying? Was it because he couldn't believe anyone in their right mind would want to date someone as annoying as her? "Oh? And just who does get to call you babe?"

An "ugh" came from Daisy's mouth when Sheridan air quoted their Headmistress's name. Its like he knew exactly what to do to irritate her, and he did it specifically on purpose. She felt herself getting angry at his comment about her invisible friends. Sure, Daisy didn't have any close friends, but she was friendly enough with nearly everyone around her, had people she could talk to and have fun with, and besides, she had her parents and her dog at home. Who else did she need? Daisy could tell her mom anything. It was a low blow from Sheridan. His next question stumped her for a moment. There was one person she wanted to call her babe, and that wasn't Sheridan. Right? Right. She was sure of it. He was annoying and rude and even though he looked a lot better than he did three years ago (or she had grown up - somewhat), Daisy did not like him. "At the moment, Sheridan, anyone but you."

Sheridan felt like he'd hit a nerve or something, but either way he was going to exploit it however he could. He grinned and clasped his hands behind his back. "Ooooh, do you have a boyfriennnnnnd?" He asked, in a sing song voice that really didn't need to be used. Sheridan was not a singer. "Oh... is it a girlfriend? I don't juuuudge." He leaned away from her to laugh to himself. "So if.... hm... so if someone called you babe right now, just walked up and called you babe, that'd be okay? As long as it isn't me?" He thought it was hilarious that he was so special she wanted to specifically exclude him. Aw, she was so cute... Sh!t! No, no she's not! Cute is not a thing she is!

Daisy stared at Sheridan incredulously, like he'd grown extra arms and was juggling pigs with them. He was being weird. She was glad at least that he didn't judge, because Daisy had the right to fancy anyone she liked no matter how their bodies were built or if they did cool tricks with their hats. Or had been her best friend forever, because it was definitely Leo that she fancied not this twit. "No I don't." She replied with a small shrug of her shoulders. "Not that's it's any of your business anyway. I notice you're here alone as well." Daisy responded, placing her hands on her hips as she continued to glare at him. "Merlin, why do you have to get so technical about it? I just don't want you to talk to me! Okay?!" She exclaimed, tossing her hands up in the air. "Is that hat squishing your brains or something? Like do I need to make it any simpler for you?"

Sheridan cocked his head and smirked. "I was going to ask Belle, but I wanted to spend my first dance here alone, see who I see, you understand." He couldn't help it. There was something about annoying her that made him feel good about the years he'd suffered at her hands. He supposed his friends from Beauxbatons had helped him with his confidence issues. However as she yelled, Sheridan looked at her. He took a step back and threw his hands up to placate her. "Woah, hey, jeez, calm your farm!" He felt like maybe she was a little tense. He grinned. "You're a little tense, you want a massage?"

Daisy shook her head in frustration when Sheridan replied to her. She had no idea who Belle was, but she definitely didn't care that he had some stupid girlfriend named Belle which was a stupid name. She was probably stupid as well with a stupid face that went along with her stupid boyfriend's face because that's what Sheridan was, he was stupid. His 'placating' did nothing to help her and not for the first time, she 'ughed' and rolled her eyes. "No!" She exclaimed, (feigning) outrage at his offer. "What I want is for you to go back to whatever school probably kicked you out!" Life would be so much easier if he weren't around.

Sheridan probably shouldn't have been enjoying this as much as he was, for a brief moment he thought about saving her the dignity and letting it go, but she was just too much fun and he felt like she deserved to have the tables turned for once. He grinned. "Are you sure, I'm really good with my hands." He said, resisting the urge to waggle his eyebrows at her. He flicked his hat off of his head and caught it, proceeding to do hand tricks to show off.

Yet another 'ugh' escaped Daisy's mouth at his reply, she really felt like he deserved a hit, but she watched as he rolled his hat around in his hand, slightly mesmerized for a moment, before snapping back to reality, realizing that she was standing there watching Sheridan, and worse, being impressed by him. This was not okay! Daisy leaned forward and tried to whack the hat out of his hands.

Sheridan laughed at Daisy, he continued his hat tricks as he watched her, before she suddenly tried to smack his hat out of his hands. He pulled the hat out of the way, but in the process, he fell backwards, reaching out and pulling Daisy to the ground with him. He landed with a loud groan, Daisy on top of him.

Before she even knew what happening, Daisy felt a force pulling her forwards as she fell, letting out a tiny scream before she landed on top of Sheridan. She had closed her eyes during the fall, and when she opened them, she realized her face was lying sideways against Sheridan's. She pushed up with her hands on either side of him, looking down, preparing to growl at him, but for some reason, another force (her brain let's call it) instead pulled her lips down onto his. It was brief, it was only a second, but it was a kiss. Daisy was kissing Sheridan. As that thought popped into her head, Daisy freaked out and pulled back. "What do you think you're doing?!" She exclaimed, before rolling herself off of him. The Gryffindor whacked him on his arm before pushing herself up to standing. "Just leave me alone." Daisy managed to say, through all the confusion in her head. She couldn't believe what she had just done, what had just happened. The stupid boy had managed to get under her skin! Daisy glared around the room for a second, as if daring anyone to make a stupid comment about the stupid boy, before storming off without another word. She needed fresh air.

Sheridan was in a world of pain. Not only had he hit the ground hard, he'd had the weight of another person land on him almost simultaneously. He groaned, but was cut short by Daisy's lips on his. He didn't even have time to react before she was freaking out, hitting him and scurrying away. Sheridan couldn't even be bothered getting off of the ground as she was telling him to leave her alone. He dropped his head back to the floor and sighed, a dopey grin spread on his face. That was way more satisfying than he'd thought it would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back