Long Travels to Nowhere

Link Black

OOC First Name
Madderz MAIN
Wand
Ebony Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Tallon
It never occurred to him how far he would travel or where he end up was the real question. Mayhaps its was some sort quest to discover his inner self, like his way of finding himself without so much research or connecting with those that already know him. No he was going further than that, further than he would say he ever travel in his life. And with little use of his magic, he went on this quest like a muggel would go on a journey. A journey that may or may not change the way he thought about his life when it was over; if he ever reach to that point of being over. Than again, after all his wrong doings and all of mayhem he had cause, maybe it was him wanting to start over again.

Somewhere wonderful instead of darkness always shadowing him. If he kept on going, that thought made it believable. He had a reason to keep going, it was probably his last inspiration or a sign of hope he never thought he could hold him together. Link travel farthest, till he reach the city of Agra, Indian. With a population of nearly two millions citizens, Link fail to phase in with dark tan complexion of the Indian peasants. He follow the river of Yamuna, and as he went many stop to stare at the boy with tiredsome eyes and stagger limp. The more he travel, the more he went on without magic. It was challenge, not to use it. And in himself, he started to discover how weak the wizarding world was to him. All the talk of pure blood status, doing away with the very same innocents around him, he saw no difference between these people and the wizards he dealt with in the past.

If in anyway, if it was possible he thought about the ones that hated muggels, if by any chance they lost their powers how would they deal with themselves than. It was a question that drill his head continuously, as he kept going on this journey to discover themselves. Would they hide? Would they run? Would they fall to the muggel world than? He laugh, cause its exactly what a coward would have done. A coward who felt helpless without magic. He laughed, like the insane thoughts that came to his head. He laugh, and kept on laughing till his steps fell back and he couldn't go anymore. Falling towards the ground, he laugh cause the sun was taunting and his throat ached. He kept laughing till he fell unconscious...

...Waking up a few days later, he ended up in a palace. Possibly dungeons he couldn't care to look around, just second later he fell right back to unconscious again. "I'm dying, and I never got to see my son again..." he spoke, believing he was actually dying, when in truce he felt back to a deep sleep.

Dreama was in India on her own. Well not totally on her own. Beside her in a carrying pouch was her son Angelus. He was two now and soon he would be waring holes on the soles of his shoes too. He would be a true Gypsy like herself. Well now she was would be called rouge if she ever went back. Thing was she couldn't go back. Things where fine with the baby and all, they treated her just as they always had. Even Noctruna who hated the moon eyed man loved her nephew. No what was bothering the young mother was that men in the caravan where wondering when she was going to give little Angelus a father. She should have. She really should have. His true father had made his choice. Why couldn't Dreama make her's?

Dreama made her way through Agra, which she knew because of her travels. This time she wasn't here to perform. Even so a song came to her lips, not for anyone else but for the boy at her side in her clearest Romannie. "We found an old doll that was out in the grass, she had special powers, we said a black mass, we sat in a circle, all holding hands, the doll bed held together with old rubber bands." It wasn't long before the boy who barley spoke a word normally to join in. "She'll rise, she'll rise, she'll rise. Oh lay her down in her gingerbread coffin. She's so pretty all layed out in white. Lay her down in her gingerbread coffin. When we need her she'll rise to the light!" He clapped and giggled at his mother while she smiled down.

The song itself was a waring against found things for they could hold dark magic and the tune was a morbid one but little Angelus seemed to love the old song stories. Dreama was more than happy to sing them to him. Even though they where no longer a part of the caravan Dreama would not allow her son to forget his Gypsy ways. The people where more than happy to let them walk by. The sooner a gypsy left the better in their opinion. She was friendly to them still. It was not until she heard someone muttering about dieing without seeing someone that Dreama stopped. Her dark hair was wrapped put against the sun and even though it was sweltering out Dreama and Angelus where cool. She looked down ready to help the man when she saw his face.

Dreama's first reaction was to leave him and walk on but her son reached out to him and knew that she couldn't leave. Not even if her body went elsewhere. Instead she let Angelus down from his pouch then set up a tarp next to him. She crossed her legs lotus style then started to watch her son stretch his legs. It had been a long journey after all.

He had been wrong twice. The first, he believe he was dying. The second wrong, he wasn't in a palace at all. Instead he had fallen along the river, and for days he been laying there. Till his strength awaken him one morning, and in that very morning he saw a few tiny foot steps right in front him. They were leading to the river, where the water wasn't rushing today. No, the sun did not allow it, instead he heard two voices. One of a young woman and another of a child. Link stayed laying there, wondering if he should believe what he was hearing and seeing, when his first two thoughts had been wrong. The sun was sure playing a few tricks on the weary young man, though he didn't want to be fool again. Would it hurt to look? Probably not. What else did have to do anyways? But to continue finding what maybe already lost? He rise to a sit, blinding by the sun his view were bright. In the dusky sand, he saw a boy and right besides the boy he saw a woman. She was young, you could tell by the way she dress. She dress in lighter clothing, it made her vibrant and free. He watch for a while, till he realize; his so call dying wish been answered. Angelus stood next to Dreama, almost so like a dream, but it had to be true. They were really here and existed right there and than.

"Dreama? The girl who dance for gold one day, the one that twist and turn? What are you doing here in India, with this hungry sun? And with my son Angelus?" he call out to the woman. "Dreama?!" again he call out to the deceiving woman.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry kinda suckish

Dreama chuckled against her lips as Angelus pointed with a tilted head. "Gingerbread coffin?" He asked with wide eyes. It was how he asked if there had been dark magic involved. Dreama shook her head. "No gingerbread coffin here sweet one. He's merely sun struck." She said from her place on the trap. "I am running. Much like you are but in not so literal a scene." She said her accent deep with laughter. "The sun has done quite a number on your sanity it seems." She added as she took out the bag that she carried with her and took out a cup and a thermos. She poured a cool liquid into it and passed it over to fevered man. Whether he took it or not was none of her concern really. Dreama then took out a set of ribbons and started to entrance Angelus with them. This was how they could travel for so long without the little boy squirming everywhere. Dreama kept him active, entertained.

"So aside from the poetry what has become of you?" She asked as the ribbon seemed to take on a dance all on it's own. Angelus followed it with the interest of a cat really. It never failed to make Dreama chuckle. She had needed the rest anyway. To be sitting by a river was a welcome reprieve from walking and making things to sell to people. Dreama would not starve while she was out. Never that. She was used to living like this so nether her nor Angelus would ever go without food. She watched Link now wondering what was going through that delightfully twisted mind of his.

Link sort of look away, Angelus spoke just like Dreama. None of the words he spoke, he couldn't understand. He was afraid of that, afraid Dreama will make him something totally different that he could ever comprehend. They're both came from both different world, it was likely for that to happen. Angelus, he look just like his mother, except their eyes were something he shared with Link. He stared at the boy at an angle, while Dreama offer him fresh liquid to quench his thirst. "Thanks...". He accepted the cup, sipping the liquid slowly and steadily. He may feel thirsty and his throat swell dried, if he drunk the liquid fast it would curl and shake his throat. It will make his chest quiver, and hack a dried cough. He accepted the drink, just taking cautious that the sun had done a pretty good job making it almost ill.

"I'm not sure why I'm here, just came cause I needed change. I let my feet do all the walking and ended up here, in this part of India. he shrug, watching his son play with the ribbons. He was well behaved, a lot control. It made him smile a little inside. Least he was being raised right, unlike Link. Dreama may raise him differently, but she has done well with Angelus. "How are you and Angelus? You both seem well?" he said assuming, he was still sitting on the ground, drinking the water ever so slowly.

The boy was Dreama's son after all. He had to been with her for nearly two years and she taught him everything she knew, even the old song stories. Then again Dreama was full of song not just for herself anymore but for him. If Link had stayed with her he would have heard some of her songs too. "You where out here for much too long. Water now then some food and then we will see of what else you need." She said with a wide smile. He may have broken her heart but he had given her a wonderful son so she could not complain. Dreama nodded at what he said next. "There is always room for change in life. This is why the Gypsy do not stay in one place too long." She said wisely.

"A good strategy to let your feet do the deciding for you. Sometime you end up in the most interesting places. As for me and Angelus, yes we are well. A little out of sorts but well enough. I could not stay with the Caravan it seems." She said with a soft sigh. She watched as Angelus wondered off a little bit down the river to explore a little bit. "Another one who's soul can not be bound. Born to be a Gypsy just like someone else I know." She said laughing a bit. She smoothed her skirts over her knees and observed the man she had gotten into all this trouble with.

Link sat in silence, the woman he more wanted to hate in this entire world was being to kind to him. She open up her heart and let out a lending hand. She spoke with so much wisdom and strength, he wish he had just about as much courage as she possessed. She was the angle he always wanted in his life, yet overtime again he rejected what was being given to him. The more she saw him, the more he could tell she had him somewhere inside her heart. For him to feel the same way, there was a very little chance he felt the same. Very little cause he wanted to believe there will never be someone out there for him, and as much as he wish for change and hope, being with someone he love didn't exist in the same world he walk on. It can't be, and that's is how he saw it.

"Where are you traveling now? I'm going to the nearest town for now. Perhaps we can walk together, than I'll let you and Angelus go on your way?" he suggested, being more than humanely possible for Dreama to accept his accompany. Its all that he could offer, and if she grew tired watching over Angelus, he was happy to take over. "What do you say to do that? Its all I can offer, let Angelus know least a part of me for now?" he stood, dusting away the sand from his legs. Without the use of magic, he made himself a little better than the dying heat made him out to be.

Dreama laughed and nodded. "You don't even have to ask. You may not want anything to do with me but young Angelus has your heart. Admit it." She said as she stood along side him. It didn't take much for Dreama to realize just how much Link overshadowed her. Sweet Dreama could not hate, not truly anyway. No matter how hard she tried she always ended up forgiving someone who had hurt her. It upset her that she may never be able to feel Link's touch again but she made due. She also knew that there would never be anyone else for her. She would live alone with Angelus, moving from town to town with him by her side until he found his own other half. That would be years from that moment though.

Dreama went over to where Angelus was reaching into river and scooped him up into her arms. "Not until your older my love." She said in Romany and tossed him up into the air. He was getting big but was still small enough that Dreama could pick him up and carry him around. "You keep growing like this and one day you will be tossing me in the air." She said again in Romany then went back to Link. "If you wish to carry him you can." She said smiling up at him.

"He's all I have close to a family, why wouldn't he grow on me even though it's been entire year that I met him. He still came from a part of me"he replied right after she spoke of the truth to him. He could've have lied and said no. That she was wrong about that and he only wanted to know the child for a little while till he was no longer part of their lives. Till he was just what they imagine in a dream at night. And his son's eyes will be the only truth that he ever exist to anyone. Cause all I want is to be unknown again, to be unknown and broken free from the chains around me.. That will be the last thing to happen and he knew death will not be the answer to his prayer, it just gets darker from here and he knew it.NO PARADISE FOR ME...

Link's eyes broke away from Dreama and Angelus just a little while. He went to looking over the river that was rushing up stream. This River was the most important river around the ares. It was the nearby city only source of water and access to the most cleanest one there is besides the salty ocean. He felt a slight wind passing by, coming from the river itself. It felt great, his skin cooling down after all this exhausting heat. He felt his shoulders relax by the air around him and his mouth loose away from the thirst thanks to the water Dreama gave him. It's been a while since he last would say he enjoyed a view quite like this one in a long period of time. It was refreshing and positive outlook for him

She came back to him and place Angelus right into his arms. The boy look at his father, his eyes were reflecting the ones of Link. Link smile, his smile was failing the lines it should hold around his face. As if he knew all about him and much more, the boy smile back in his father arms. He move a little than spoke in Romaine, 'he looks just like me'. Link turn his eyes right at Dreama, "What did he say?" he ask Angelus's mother.

Dreama gave her son a pat on the back in praise then looked back at Link. "He noticed that you look like him. Or more over that he looks like you." She said brightly. "Cleaver, cleaver boy. He started to speak when he was just nine months old you know." She said proudly. She was that stupid about her son but he was a showing signs of intelligence that could surpass some that walk the earth. "This is your father my love." She said with a wide smile one her face. She watched as Angelus looked back at the man that carried him now in aw.

"Angelus was told your name but never told what you look like. Nocturna spun a tail of how the moon came to me one night in the shape of a man and created him thus giving him his eyes. Much like the story that surrounds my sister. It is said that her skin was given to her by the night as well as her talents." She explained as she watched one chubby hand reach up for Link's face. It was common to ease the pain of being born from rape or abandonment to spin pretty stories. There was more than one child of the sun with golden hair, child of the wind with voices so soft when they sang, child of the earth so strong they could move mountains.

Dreama had the luck to be born from both her mother and father. She had not been totally opposed having Angelus believe that he was a child of the moon. There was only one of those after all and he was so very special to her in so many ways. As was his father but that she would tell no one again. "Come you both, if we want to make it to the town by sundown." She said as she gathered everything and started for the road.

"Well he seems to be smart, nothing that I gave him will explain that" he said rather to her than him. Angelus was light in his arm, the little boy was well rounded but nothing heavy in his father arm. He had that innocence about him like all children do when they are young. The part that made Link feel whole inside that he could produce such a thing as innocent. Everything he ever thought and believe in were out casted out of his mind for the sheer moment to enjoy the presents of his son. He held him close to his heart, like if it symbolize something. Like if he were saying,'I love you' to him without actually speaking these words. "You did well Dreama, he's contagious in a good way. Not saying badly" he smile at the mother of his child. Oh, he realize that too. She was the mother of his child.

"Is that what you told your parents? That he was born out of the moon and not me" he asked her puzzle. He was following right besides her, Angelus wiggling inside his arms. He kept touching the side of his father face, almost studying every feature of what the man look like. "because if I remember that night, which I do.." he smirk. "There was something about it that I can never take back Dreama" he said out of term. She had change him, change him where he was in a battle in his own mind. No, he'll never go back to being reasonable or sensible to this world he call life. Just her.. he thought looking at Dreama. "As ugly as it ended, I can't regret you at all, ever" he said slowly breathing every word out of his mouth. it was hard for him to admit it, really hard. Though and meant it, and that's just how he truly felt on the inside and out.

Dreama shook her head. "No such stories are made for children. My parents knew what I had done. They where disappointed that I had broken one of the few rules they have for me but they hoped I had learned a lesson." She said with a soft sigh. "They had also hoped that with a child I would find a need to marry. Many wanted me but not our boy. They could never look past his eyes." She said shaking her head. They where wonderful beautiful gray eyes which seemed to reflect so much more than what they where looking at. Dreama had noticed that they seemed to force one to look at themselves as they really where. It have been because Dreama believed that all children not only spoke truth but saw it as well.

Dreama looked up at Link as they walked. "I could never regret what we had how ever... Momentary it was. I knew that you probably had a Gadje woman who would fill your stationary house for children and laughter but I did not want to believe it. Something about you made all sense leave my mind." She said looking down. Dreama smiled now thinking of it. "But look what came of it. A more perfect child you could not ask for." She said as she passed a finger down Angelus' cheek. "Coming from a not so perfect source." She teased as she bumped her hip against Link's. Just because things where very likely never to be the same with Link didn't mean that she could not have fun with him.

Link smile grew more wider each moment she spoke. He admire so much from her and what he liked the most about Dreama she was never afraid of him. As much as he should say, put a gun to her head and threaten countlessly to end her life, still she stayed strong. No fear of dying by his hand or anyone else. That's probably the worst time to show courage, worst time to be Link. But she, he can't began to detail how she was to him. She was nothing like the est, many have gave up knowing him. Not her, she wasn't afraid to stay.

"It's to bad, they miss out on a wonderful child.." he said looking down at his boy."To many are quick to judge and all, but you never judge me. And your right, there was another who I thought would do"bring light to his eyes and make him happy again. Sanctuari had been his bride, but their vows were just lies. Before anything could happen between them, he ha dto know how she really felt about him. he feared he never got his answers. She had love him, but she was afraid just the same. He couldn't let that happen, knowing she was always afraid of what might happen in their lives and all. He couldn't protect her from what he has become.

"Her name was Sanctuari...she had eyes pink like the flowers in where I live, close to the shade of the sunset when it goes down. Not nearly as it but it was close.." he spoke more and more in a distant tone. He miss her, not in that way. In a way like he felt like he owed her something. he wasn't sure what it was, but it was something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back