Long Time, No Speak

Lemina Troque

OOC First Name
Stalker
Wand
12 3/4" Black Walnut/ Maple Essence of Silver Thistle
Lemina had just come out of the common room and was heading down the stairs. When she got to the third floor, she stopped and just stood, staring out of the window, reflecting. He's, he's not mine. She stood and stared for a good few minutes.

Ana-Cole rarely left her dorm anymore other than to go to classes. She had been basically a mess lately. Sitting up in her dorm, she hummed a tune by a muggle singer named Fiona Apple. The song was called Paper Bag. It was a rather old muggle song but as it came to an end, Ana-Cole was bored once more.

Standing up and walking out of the Gryffindor dorm and common room, for once she decided to wonder the halls. Finding herself in the third floor corridor in no time, she noticed a blonde girl looking out the window almost sadly. Ana-Cole put her hands into her baggy hoodie and decided to try to be social.

"Hey" Ana-Cole said her voice rather soft but still audible. Walking up closer she realized that the girl was Lemina, a girl that Ana-Cole worked with.

Lemina sniffed. Suddenly she heard footsteps behind her. And then a voice. Ana-Cole. The two didn't know each other well, even though they were in all the same classes and worked together at the Second Hand Store. Lemi had been crying. She brushed the tear from her face before turning around.

"Hi Ana-Cole." She gave a weak smile, "How're you?"

Ana-Cole could tell right away that Lemina had been crying. Feeling awful right away for butting in on her quiet time. Ana-Cole knew how annoying it was for people to walk in when you were upset. Though even though Ana-Cole hated to admit it, it always helped to talk it out.

"I'm fine" she said thinking that there really wasn't must to her lately. She was anti-social staying in her dorm, away from the great hall, and away from people. "But the real question is...what's wrong?" She asked a gentle smile on Ana-Cole's face.

Lemina looked up. Was it that obvious how upset she was? Of course it was. She had been lonely and secluded ever since last week in the Sorority, she had only really talked to Rhyspa. She brushed a stray hair behind her ear and decided - if anyone - she could confide in Ana.

"It's Kailey. And Njord. Well, more Kailey. Because of Njord. She hates me." Lemi bit her lip.

Ana-Cole listened as Lemina spoke of both Njord and Kailey. For a moment, she wished that she had known more about this situation. if you weren't such a hermit Ana-Cole thought though she pushed that aside. This wasn't about Ana-Cole right now it was about Lemina.

"Why does Kaliey hate you? I thought you two were friends or at least civil" Ana-Cole said feeling blonde right about now. She just wanted to get the facts right.

Lemina took a deep breath. Ana-Cole didn't know. Is that good or bad? I suppose it's good, not everyone knows every little bit of gossip about me? But then again... She bit her lip. This would be hard to explain. Too hard. "Well, we were best friends for a while." How could she tell Ana-Cole without seeming horrible herself.

"Kailey was going out with Njord last year." She presumed Ana-Cole knew this, but she had to start at the start. "I, I, I always liked Njord. A lot. Then Njord left Kailey, and well, I guess I shouldn't have told Kailey I liked him." Lemi sniffed and look across at the Gryffindor.

Of coarse guy trouble she thought. Everything always seemed to lead back to guy trouble. Sadly it seemed that this was how the school worked. "Well" Ana-Cole began knowing that Kaliey and Lemina had been friends and yes she was award that Kailey and Njord went out. Though she hadn't known that Lemina had liked Njord. Who could blame her? There was a limited amount of guys in the older years so the choices were limited. When a cute guy came about, it was hard for girls not to crush one him.

"You told Kailey and she flipped out at you right?" Ana-Cole said thinking that really it wasn't Lemina's fault at all. She really couldn't help who she liked. "Friendship is always more important than guys" She said knowing that it was probably a cheesy line but it was so true.

"Have you talked this over with Kailey?" Ana-Cole asked.

Lemina looked at Ana-Cole and forced another smile onto her face. Lemi nodded, "She stormed out." Biting her lip, she thought back to that evening. It had all been so fine, fun almost, then she had let it slip, everything had changed. "I know it is. I want to be friends with Kailey, she's one of the nicest friends I had. Now, it's, just. Well, you know. Different."

She took a deep breath. "I've tried to talk to Kailey, I have, but I never have a chance. Or she refuses. But who can blame her. Liking a friend's ex is lower than low. A big no. But I did, even though I liked him before they started dating." Lemi sighed, being a fourteen year old girl was hard.

Ana-Cole smiled slightly at Lemina. Being a teenager is so hard. Drama just seemed to surround this school and around being a teenager in general. "If Kailey is a true friend she won't just drop the friendship because you like Njord" Ana-Cole said as she hoped this was true. At least she believed it full heartedly.

Though as Lemina said that liking a best friend's ex was a big no, Ana-cole could only nod. How unfair yet true that statement was. It was one of the many confusing girl laws that were unwritten. All seemed right until you were on the wrong side of one of them.

"It's not like you are going to become a couple with Njord. Are you?" She asked.

Lemi sighed. "I, I don't think Kailey wanted to drop the friendship, she just got annoyed, upset. I can see why." She ran her hand through her hair.

When Ana-Cole statement - almost too obviously - that she wouldn't become a couple with Njord, she could only nod. Despite Kailey, Lemi still really liked Njord. And hoped he liked her too. But she couldn't tell Ana that. it might get back to Kailey. And it would make her seem like a much worse friend. "No, no." Only because he doesn't like me... She sighed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back