Long time no see

Jonathan Spenser

OOC First Name
Pat
Sexual Orientation
Hetrosexual
Wand
Holly Wand 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Jonathan apparated back to Brightstone after a rather interesting meeting. Even though he had just met his own fresh and blood he still couldn't get over the fact that he had a whole other family that he never knew about until a few weeks ago. Feeling the need to get away from reality for a while he walked along the water's edge, a soothing lapping of the waters calming him down. It was now the holidays of his second year of teaching at Hogwarts and he was loving every moment of it. It had been a good two years, there was nothing he would want to change about it. He had been promoted to Professor of all years in History of Magic. He had become Ravenclaw Head of House, it was like living a dream. If one thing, he would like to have more friends. He hadn't really become all too friendly with any of the Professors, something that he wasn't used too. He had always had friends and it was quite a culture shock for Jonathan to only have colleagues and acquaintances. The only person he could have called a friend would have been Diana but she had left sometime ago and hadn't heard where she had gone or why she had left. Letting a sigh escape his lips he continued his stroll, glad it was peaceful.

Diana walked down the streets of Brightstone, groups of children passing by her and even a few adults she vaguely recognized from Hogwarts at her time as a Professor but there was only one person that somewhat stood out in her mind from that school (other than her daughter) and that was Jonathan Spenser. Without realizing it a gentle smile was pressed onto her lips at the thought of the man and how he easy it was to be around him and as she walked she could have sworn she was going insane because she saw him.

Cautiously, Diana glanced over to the man, her blue eyes curious but after she blinked once or twice she grinned and realized that it actually was Jonathan. The timing was impeccable, she thought, smiling in amusement before she approached him and said, "Hello Jonathan."

Hearing his name being called by a familiar voice Jonathan turned round, slowly. He almost didn't want to look in case it was just his memory playing tricks but when he saw the source of the voice he couldn't help but smile, widely. "Diana!" he exclaimed, happiness in his voice, more happy than it had been in some time. "Sweet Merlin it's been a while. How have you been?" he asked, excited at seeing her again.

Jonathan smiled warmly as Diana replied. He hadn’t quite realised how much he had missed her but she had been his first friend among the Professors at Hogwarts, it was expected. “I’m great!” he said, still not able to get over that Diana was here. “So where’ve you been?” he asked, the question that had been bugging him for sometime, he never did know where she went and couldn’t get any answers from the other Professors. “If you don’t mind talking about it..” he said feeling awkward now. He never took into consideration what the situation may have been and if Diana wanted to talk about it.

A flash of guilt waved through Diana's taunt body as Jonathan asked where she had been. Of course at first it hadn't been any choice of hers, she simply had to go be with Blair while she was sick but she didn't come back and that was her fault. "My daughter needed me at home and then I got a job offering so I could go home to her at the end of the day instead of leaving her with a sitter. It seemed like the best idea to me," she said gently, smiling reassuringly at Jonathan knowing that he seemed to feel uncomfortable but he really shouldn't.

Jonathan listened to Diana's story and immediately felt bad about questioning her on her whereabouts. Of course it didn't matter to him where she was or why she had left. Although he knew it must have been for good reasons, Diana seemed to have loved her job and would only have left it if absolutely necessary. "I'm sorry.." he said with a small cringe, showing his guilt at asking her such a personal question. "I do hope everything is better now?" he asked, figuring it was seeing as she was in New Zealand. "And taking the other job was the best choice, I'm sure. What is it?" he asked. He felt like kicking himself for asking so many questions.

Diana shook her head at Jonathan, she honestly didn't mind that he had asked, it wasn't too personal. "No it's fine, Jonathan," she smiled, placing a reassuring hand on his arm before she pulled away and put it back at her side. "I work for a company that produces several day to day things and I tell them the proportions they need of chemicals and potions, etcetera." She smiled gently and asked, "How is work going for you?"

Jonathan smiled warmly at Diana as she reassured him about his actions, for some reason he just felt so awkward, probably because he hadn't seen her in so long. Jonathan nodded his head at the description of her job, it sounded just up her street. Of course he was never really that good at potions, or to be perfectly honest he didn't even like the subject back at school. "Sounds like a great job." he beamed. "Work is going freat for me. Isolde left so I teach all years now. I also got the new Ravenclaw Head of House position." he said with a fair amount of pride in his voice, well he was very proud of it and so he should be. "So what's brought you back to New Zealand?" he asked out of curiosity.

Diana nodded as Jonathan seemed to approve of her job, she really was happy in it, it suited her much more than being a professor ever had. "Wow, congratulations," she said gently for her friend, he was really smart and sweet so it was no surprise that he was moving up so quickly. "Won't be long until you are the Headmaster," she teased. "Oh my job is in New Zealand," she clarified, nodding her head.

Jonathan beamed as Diana congratulated him, he was really chuffed of his job. Not that he minded when he was sharing the History of Magic job with Isolde but having the extra responsibility was great for Jonathan. He also liked going that little bit further, pushing himself to the limit. Jonathan laughed at his friends comment, he narrowed his eyes slight and a sly smirk formed on his lips, "Welllll. You never know!" he said as his smirk grew widered, his laugh lacing his statement, clear being a joke. Jonathan's eyes widened with shock and happiness as Diana told him of the location of her job. "Oh! That's brilliant. It should be easier to keep contact now we've found it again." he said with a sincere smile. Hoping that he wouldn't loose contact with his friend again, he had missed her too much.

"Of course," Diana agreed with Jonathan, more excited than she actually thought she would be about being in close to her friend and see him on a more regular basis, well a more regular basis then never. "How about I give you my address and you can owl me when you like?" she suggested gently, not a hundred percent sure how they should go about this.

Jonathan was glad that Diana was up for keeping in contact as well. They had clicked so well when they first met that it would be a shame if they didn't remain in contact; or so Jonathan thought anyway, he wasn't sure about Diana. "That'd be great!" he said with a smile as he took out his muggle notepad and pen out of his bag - something he always kept 'just in case.'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back