Lonely

Patricia smiled absent mindely to herself when Bella said Theo was normal.

"Well I can see where your coming from. But after all you are both only what, 12 now?" She said. "Nothing works out perfectly at that age. As Violet, Angus' sister says, she's too young to care, and she is older than us." She said, thinking of when Violet always goes of on one of her rants. "So, all you can say is that, I'm sorry, and as corny as it sounds I hope we can still be friends." She said with a geeky smile and giving air quotes.

Isabella laughed a little but was grateful for the advice nonetheless. "That sounds best," she said to Patricia. She hugged her without realizing what she was doing and then pulled back. "Sorry," she mumbled. "But I really do appreciate you listening to me," Bella said to her smiling.

Patricia smiled, she was happy that Bella was laughing a bit now, and then without warning she felt Bella's arms going around her, she hugged her back before she pulled away. "Why are you sorry?" She asked "And I don't mind, I just hope that I helped. I may not be the best at this type of advise, having no experience myself." She said with a chuckle.

Bella laughed and said, "Yeah but you're a Hufflepuff," with no intention that it was an insult. "So that means you're better at this friendship or niceness stuff than I am, a mean ol' Slytherin," she said joking now.

Patricia laughed and gave a nod, "Yeah, that seems to come with the whole teritority thing, on both accounts." She said, referring to her been a kind Hufflepuff and Bella been a mean Slytherin. "I bet you wouldn't of said that last week?" She said, not really wanting to bring up the past.

Isabella laughed darkly and said, "No, I most certainly wouldn't have." She looked up at Patricia and looked her straight in the eye. She gulped and it took a while for her to get out the words, "I'm sorry for being so mean to you," she said finally. It wasn't easy for Bella to apologize or admit she was wrong. She smiled weakly at her. "I feel better now, and I know it sounds so cheesy, but being with Aiden really makes me happy," she said, blushing a little.

Patricia was surprised to hear what Bella was saying. Looking at her right in the eyes, she knew that everyword was true. "Thank you." She said giving her a quick hug. "I know what happened in the Dungeons was partly my fault, so for that I apologise too." She said with a sweet smile. "And I'm glad that you and Aiden are happy with each other. It must be nice having a person like that?" She said, all of a sudden realising that she hadn't come close to the point of having a crush on anyone.

Isabella returned the hug gladly. "It's okay. If Theo and Alyssa can make up with Henri, then I suppose I can too," she sighed jokingly and stuck her tongue out. "It's nice to know that there's that one person who will make you happy when I'm feeling bad," Isabella said warmly, thinking of Aiden. "What about you Patricia, do you like anyone?" she asked, hoping not to sound too nosy.

"Henri isn't bad." She said, remembering he had been to her. "Mmm. I don't think there is anyone I like. We haven't got much choice. Either of the decent guys are taken or it's complicated." She said shaking her head.

"I know he isn't bad. Which is why it surprised me so much when he attacked us in the dungeons," Isabella said quietly. Then as the subject changed to boys Isabella bit her lip. She felt extremely lucky to have Aiden but didn't want to gloat about it. "What do you mean by complicated?" she wondered out loud.

Deciding not to talk anymore about the Dungeons she, even though she really didn't want too, talked about boys. "I mean complicated as in, someone may already like that person, or already dated that person, type thing." Knowing she probably hadn't gave a good enough explaination.

Isabella laughed nervously as Patricia explained. "Oh I know how that is..." she said quietly. It was exactly what had happened between her, Aiden, and Alyssa. She started laughing even more as she realized she fit the exact description of a Slytherin, or at least the stereotyped one. She'd taken her best friend's crush and wasn't seemingly sad about it. "Sorry," she said, apologizing for the outburst in laughter and didn't know if she wanted to explain or not.

Patricia felt a knot of guilt, realising that she had just explained what had happened between her, Aiden and Alyssa. As she was about to apologise she heard Bella laugh, a lot. Confused as to why she joined in. "There's no need to apologise for laughing." She said, drying a fear tears in her eyes.

Isabella quieted down as she noticed Patricia may have felt guilty so she smiled at her and said, "No need to feel guilty. I was just laughing because I was thinking of what happened with me and Alyssa and Aiden, and I realized I totally fit the stereotyped description of a Slytherin that could care less," she said rolling her eyes. "But whatever, it's not like it matters what others think of me," she said smiling.

Patricia smiled when Bella said there was no need to feel guilty, "Thanks." She said shortly. "And not everyone thinks your like that?" She said trythfully.

Isabella shrugged. "I don't know but if they did, I guess my actions haven't exactly disputed that image." She smiled, feeling loads better already and not wanting to talk about it anymore. "Thanks for listening Patricia," she said smiling to her former enemy.

"Well each to their own." Patricia said. "And your welcome. Do you want to go back, it's getting a bit late." She said looking at her watch.

"Yeah I think it's time to go," she said quietly looking at the watch Andrew gave her. She stood up and began walking towards the stairs. "Thanks again," she said to Patricia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back