Lola Rowann

Wand
Birch Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Dragonstone
Full Name: Lola Augustina Rowann

- Birth Date: August 7th 1990
- Current Age: 32
- Basic Appearance: very pale skin, brown curly hair, brown eyes, 5’ 6”
- Parents: dead – unknown
Lola was raised until the age of 11 in an orphanage. She only knows that her parents were killed during the great wizarding war but does not even know on which side they fought. She spent each year attending school at Hogwarts Scotland and returning to the orphanage until she turned 16 yrs old. At which time the matron of the orphanage retired and adopted Lola.
Clarissa Marntt was 73 years old when she adopted Lola and lived for a further ten years. Enough time to see Lola grow into womanhood. Of course living with such an old lady rubbed off on Lola, who became if she wasn’t already quite eccentric.

- Pets, if any: Two black cats – Mercutio and Talephis

- Area of Residence: Brightstone, New Zealand
- Blood status: half blood – but this is only conjecture. Not knowing anything about her parents meant she also did not know her own blood status. Clarissa being a half-blood always put this down on any legal documents pertaining to Lola.

- Hogwarts House (And why): She was a Hufflepuff student, graduating in 2008
-Best school subjects:DADA, Charms and potions
- Worst school subjects: divination

- Power (if any)? Occlumency

- What would their Patronus be? Her patronus is a squirrel

- What would their Boggart be? herself well dressed and co.ordinated.

NEWT GRADES:
Herbology: O
Charms: O
Divination - A
Potions: O
History of Magic - O
DADA: O
Astronomy: A
Transfiguration: O
Arithmancy – E

After graduating Lola spent four years as a professors assistant at the prestigious Salem School for Witches. She left to pursue a career as a professor of DADA in Beauxbatons but once again was only given an assistants position. She worked here until the death of her adoptive mother, five years later.
At the still relatively young age of 26 Lola joined the American Ministry of Magic working in the department of education and experimentation. She worked here for another five years and at the age of 31 decided to return to Europe. With not much else to do with her time, she travelled extensively around Europe, doing some home tutoring to earn a living and even doing stints as a fortune teller. She looked more believable in the role than she actually was.
After her 32nd birthday she decided to travel more widely and arrived in New Zealand, consumed by its breathtaking beauty and buying two nasty tempered cats on a whim, Lola decided to stay put. Brightstone village seemed just as good a place as any to set up residence.

Hey Lola, I have a few questions for you:

1. Is there a reason for Lola's pale skin, or is it naturally pale?
2. Why would Lola have cats?
3. Why made Lola call them 'Mercutio' and 'Talephis'?
4. Why was Lola sorted into the Hufflepuff house?
5. Why was divination her worse subject? Did she like it or not?
6. What are the reasons behind why Lola excelled in practical magic more then theoretical?
7. Why would Lola's patronus appear as a squirrel? Does it have any significance?
8. Is there a reason why Lola fears herself being well dressed and coordinated? If so, why?
9.Do you know why Lola never got the position as an actual professor?
10. What does Lola like about Brightstone Village that made her stay there?

Thank you,

Faith.

{all answers to questions will be written IC - in character. }

1. Is there a reason for Lola's pale skin, or is it naturally pale?

Lola: Well darling, I'm a blood sucking vampire so of course my skin is pale. Joking of course I am naturally pale dear. The sun just does way too much damage. When it's out I merely wear my wide brimmed witches hat to protect my face, long sleeved gowns and ankle length of course and my collection of parasols gets dipped into for extra protection. I also tend to stay indoors alot which is probably why I'm so pasty looking. A bit of a personal question child but carry on.

2. Why would Lola have cats?
Lola: Because my sweet little thing, I am a spinster and every witch of repute has cats. Tsk, such basic questions are almost beneath me. I happen to also like cats and when I am old will most likely have twenty or so around me.

3. Why made Lola call them 'Mercutio' and 'Talephis'?
Lola: Well they simply told me deary that this is what they would like to be called. *sigh* Alright on my many travels I discovered the joy that is Shakespeare, an English poet and playwright of the 16th century. I fell in love with his work and especially loved the Romeo and Juliet play he did. When I purchased the two naughty beasts I took their temperaments into consideration. Mercutio is so reckless and such a joker as well. A total free spirt and this is exactly what his name sake is like in the story. Talephis is actually Telephus but simply spelt differently. This rascal has notions of grandeur so I named him after Heracles son, a great hero. My cat Talephis is constantly attempting to rescue things that don't need rescuing, whether its the ball of wool from going down the toilet or the goldfish from getting into his brothers mouth. Just so his head wouldn't get too big, I simply changed the spelling.

4. Why was Lola sorted into the Hufflepuff house?
Lola: Well everyone knows deary that Hufflepuff is like an amalgation of the qualities of the other houses. Hard work, patience, friendship and fair play all combine and though I don't like blowing my own trumpet. I certainly have all of these characteristics.

5. Why was divination her worse subject? Did she like it or not?
Lola: Oh for goodness sake child now do you seriously believe in the telling of the future? Well I don't and that hampered me no end with actually trying to learn the foul subject but it was either that or muggle studies and why I would want to learn about paper clips was beyond me completely. Does that answer your question?

6. What are the reasons behind why Lola excelled in practical magic more then theoretical?
Lola: You do ask a lot of questions, pesky thing. *sigh* well I'm better with doing rather than thinking I suppose. I always have been. I could get a new spell or charm right first time out but for the life of me, trying to learn the theory behind it or indeed the written form of any subject was beyond me. My adoptive mother always said I had a bit of dyslexia and this is what hindered me but that is such a muggle malady, so I didn't believe that for a moment.

7. Why would Lola's patronus appear as a squirrel? Does it have any significance?
Lola: Good grief dear, I don't know why it became a squirrel. I think they are nothing but another type of rat but for some bizarre reason when I first conjured my patronus it was a squirrel. Of course, my adoptive mothers was also a squirrel, so maybe there is something in that. But that would mean reading up and researching things and you now know how I feel about that.

8. Is there a reason why Lola fears herself being well dressed and coordinated? If so, why?
Lola: Oh goodness me, there is nothing like conformity to drag a free spirit down child. Nothing like going through your wardrobe and wasting half the day matching outfits. It is a waste of precious time and a waste of time, is simply a waste of a life. My life is worth more than being well dressed and co.ordinated. I never have been and never intend to be. It's just a crude form of institutionalising young girls minds into believing that being normal means dressing appropriately, nicely and co.ordinating at all times. Tsk, tsk, what a waste.

9.Do you know why Lola never got the position as an actual professor?
Lola: Well that is easy dear, the position was already filled and another professor was not needed whereas an assistant always was. It meant I got to learn more, hands on training which I much prefer anyhow. I haven't given up seeking a teaching post, it's just not what I want at this particular moment.

10. What does Lola like about Brightstone Village that made her stay there?
Lola: The people are quite an assortment and I came across a quaint little pub that needed a new owner. I always like a challenge and decided on a whim to buy it and see what I could make of it. It's also near Hogwarts school which means if I ever get the notion to apply for a teaching post again, well I don't have very far to go. Now is that all for today dear? good I have two cats that need feeding so if you'll excuse me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back