Loitering

Leah Winters

OOC First Name
Malynne
Wand
13" Sequoia Dragon heartstring
Leah was unsure why she had brought herself to the second floor corridor of all places. It was odd, usually she was not attracted to bright places and talking paintings, but she assumed that maybe she was changing a little. "Why hello there!" A little wizard holding what looked to be a pitchfork greeted cheerfully from his painting.
"Shutup." Leah muttered sharply, before walking away from it and standing by a statue of a underdressed witch. "You don't talk do you?" She asked it. The statue remained silent, causing Leah to nod and lean against the wall.

For some reason on this day, Alex had decided that he would, walk along the Second floor corridor. It was out of the blue, very unlike him. He saw a familiar face someone he hadn't seen in a while and someone he didn't know that well either. " Leah, how are you I haven't seen you in a while. Hows Malynne?" Malynne was one of Alex's best friends he had shared the most experiences with her, like the time he almost died in the forest saving her. He knew it made her feel bad that he put himself in that situation for her, but she wouldn't have survived it and she was lucky he done what he done.

A voice brought Leah out of her quiet brooding. A boy, who she had only seen once before. Only briefly, however, had come ambling up to her questioning her about her cousin. "Malynne's fine." Leah answered, not really knowing how she was at all. She had never gotten along with Malynne at all, and had no wish to discuss her at all. "What's your name again?"

" Alexander Fields, we met once or twice I think." He said as he introduced himself for the second time. He didn't really know this girl all he really knew, that she was a relative of Malynne. " So how have you been?" he asked as he scratched the back of his head, messing up his white hair that sat neatly on his head. His green eyes looked around at all the paintings, some of which where being extremely quiet.

Leah noticed his fidgety behavior and looked around as well. The paintings were watching them intently. "Nice to meet you. Leah Winters." She introduced herself. Leah yawned a little, leaning her head back against the wall she was leaning upon. "I've been alright." He would probably notice the fact that she had not asked how he had been.

" Well that's good to hear." He said feeling that she was a little bit rude. " So how are you liking it here, are you getting along ok?" He asked hoping that she would crack and start to, show a bit of manners. He couldn't believe how different her and Malynne are, Malynne is bright a bubbly and most importantly got great manners and Leah, all serious and rude as.

((Hey, I'm sorry if she does anything mean, I just wanted to create totally different character.))

Leah sighed impatiently. She turned her head to look at him, and studied him. Nothing really spectacular about him, mildly attractive, a little talkative... Her mental summary of him concluded and she answered, "Its the same as any normal school. So, yes, it's fine."

[it's ok lol]

" Well that's good to hear." Alex said as he watched her check him over. She done it so well that he almost didn't notice. " So do you and Malynne get along well?" He asked knowing that they probably didn't seeing as they where the complete opposite of each other.

"No. We don't." Leah replied, hoping he knew full well it was none of his business. "Do you and your brother get along?" She questioned, knowing he had a half brother. She was unsure of his name, however.

[im not bringing justice over so im saying he is dead still.]
" Yeah we did." Alex said looking down at the ground. He didn't know if she knew that he was dead, more then likely she did. He didn't know how someone could be so mean to someone about something so real, and so close to home." You probably didn't know this but Justice is dead."

Leah glanced down at the floor. She had no idea that Justice had died. "Oh. Well, I'm sorry for your loss." She commented. Unusually she felt a little bad for saying what she had said. "Sorry." She repeated again.

" It is ok, You weren't to know, hardly anyone knows." Alex said still looking down at the floor. He sometimes wondered how other people think and why they do, what they do. It was strange how someone, could seem to not care about any feeling someone had, then feel bad for saying some thing that was just a tad over the line. " So where bout's in the world do you come from?" He asked trying to change the subject quickly, seeing as it was still a tender topic for him to talk about.

Leah frowned, but shrugged it off. It was quite obvious he had no wish to discuss it further, and she was happy to oblige. Death was not something she enjoyed talking about with anyone, especially someone she barely knew. "I'm from France." She replied. Seeing as she had made him feel bad about Justice, she asked, "Have you been going here a while?"

" Yeah, I've been coming here since I was a first year." Alex said as he remembered the smile on his face the day he walked through the big doors, of the Hogwarts castle. " Yeah, well I'm from Australia." He said, not really wanting to go into detail of his home, but showed no sign of not wanting to. He didn't really care, over the past few days he had been talking about it a lot and it helped him.

"Lucky you." Leah muttered. It sucked so badly, being a sixth year and transferring from another school. One of her fears were what if Hogwarts had learned faster than any other school. What if she knew nothing about what they were teaching. She blinked and looked at Alexander. "Whens the next class?"

" I think there is one later on tomorrow. ( there on all the time, the password to the room is learn.)" Alex said as he looked at her, for all the things she seemed, she seemed like she liked learning and going to classes. " So what would be your favorite class?" He asked trying to make conversation.

"Ah." Leah nodded with understanding. She had been looking forward to classes ever since she got here and was excited to know that there was one to be coming up pretty soon. Leah, however kept her face blank. "My favorite class?" She repeated. "Hm. Well, I enjoy a challenge. So perhaps Arithmancy. And what would or what is yours?"

" Transfiguration, I want to be a Animagus. ( I applied but i didn't get it :cry:) I just love transforming things." Alex said getting kind of excited, he was easily excited and loved anything to do with transforming and animals. " Well I have to get going. Ill talk to you some other time....... It was nice talking to you." He said as he nodded towards her and headed back the way he came so he could go to the Hufflepuff common room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back