Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Wand
Straight 16 1/2 Inch Rigid Blackthorn Wand with Fwooper Feather Core
In the eight months since Flavio learned November was pregnant, his life had become a whirlwind of anticipation and anxiety as he avidly worked to ensure when the day the due date arrived, everything would turn out okay. With the day almost over, Flavio found himself in St Mungo's unable to believe that his life was changed forever. He was no longer just a young adult responsible for only himself, but now a father, a parent, and his mind could barely process the realization, despite knowing it would happen for months. The ordeal of arriving to the hospital and being at November's beck and call was exhausting, but with his son brought into the world and healthy according to his sister, Flavio did feel some relief knowing that nothing thus far had gone wrong. In the moments between when the baby was taken out of the room for tests, he was too overwhelmed to process whether things would continue to go well, focusing only on his heart which pounded heavily against his chest. As surreal as it felt to finally have his child brought into the world, he knew he needed to continue to be responsible and ground himself regardless of how impossible it was.
Looking over to November, Flavio breathed a sigh of relief. He was at least glad one milestone was over, forgetting for the meantime that when they returned home they would move to a different, although equally as terrifying journey as they raised their son together, among other journeys Flavio was yet to mention to her. He felt that if he focused on the future too vividly he would feel uncertain all over again, and at least until they left the hospital he seemed somewhat comfortable leaving things in a limbo. "Are you feeling alright?" He asked, checking on November and stepping closer to the hospital bed in case she needed something before their child was returned to the room.

November was in pain, more pain than she had ever been in her entire life. Things had settled down since her baby boy had finally entered the world and right now Pia had been watching over while November rested. She couldn't picture herself as a mother still. They were supposed to have a week or two more to prepare and everything about this moment seemed rushed. Her son was here now in the world apart from her, he'd been so close the past nine months and now she felt slightly empty. She couldn't wait to hold him and feeling much better she was excited for Pia to bring him back from all his checks. Flavio said something to her and she turned still a bit dazed from the whole moment. "Oh, I think so," November said trying to think of how she was feeling. The medicine was certainly doing it's job which was nice but things just felt different now.

"We picked a name right? I can't remember, everything is kinda a bit," November said picking her hands up and waving them in front of her hoping Flavio would get the idea of how she was feeling. "Have you seen him yet?" November asked having only held him briefly herself right after he'd been born. He had looked beautiful the little peanut, his face slightly pink and his little hairs on the top of his head. She leaned back and put her head on the pillow that had been propping her up.

November reassuring him somewhat that she was alright lifted a weight from Flavio's shoulders, only interrupted by her next words questioning the names they had discussed months prior. He nodded to show he was listening, before he answered her. "We liked both Miro and Lucas." Truthfully, Flavio thought they should use one of the names as a first name, and whichever name was left over as a second name, but in the moment with the overwhelming feelings of becoming a first time parent he thought focusing on choosing one name at a time was best, especially when he considered November's answer of how she was feeling. His interpretation told him she was loopy at best, understandable considering what she had just gone through. He couldn't imagine what it was like to give birth to a child, the idea alone was scary enough in itself to send a shiver down his spine. He truly hoped November was alright and wasn't omitting the truth to keep him from worrying. "I do like the name Miro as a first name, what do you think?" He then asked, wondering if November agreed, or if she thought the name Lucas suited their bundle of joy more accurately. "I saw him when you held him, but I'm sure I will get the chance to see him properly when Pia brings him back." Flavio said, anticipating when Pia would return to the room. Their child leaving room as quickly as he was born left Flavio little chance to meet his son outside of simply seeing him, but he was sure he would hold him in his arms soon.

November was feeling quite relaxed at the moment which was a nice feeling to have considering the past few hours. "Miro and Lucas," November repeated after Flavio feeling out the names herself. She was glad that Flavio was there in that moment. She surely would've just said something like Michael in this moment not remembering the names that they had picked out for a boy earlier. She was a little sad that they wouldn't get to use either of the girl names but also she was happy to have a baby boy. While a part of her wanted to see the little guy once again before they settled on a name she could already see his perfect face in her mind. She'd never forget his face the first time she saw it. He'd always be her little baby boy. "Miro, he looks like one," November said looking up at Flavio to gauge if he was thinking the same. Only to realize Flavio had already said he thought Miro was the better choice as the first name. She was feeling more and more self conscience of how out of her mind she was feeling at the moment. Everything seemed to be happening and she wasn't quite sure she was keeping up in the moment. So she leaned back and closed her eyes for the moment and breathed a little. "I'm alright, just tired," she said knowing Flavio would probably worry over her suddenly changing demeanor.

Flavio was still emotionally and physically exhausted, his need to meet his son properly the only thing keeping him from curling up in a chair and falling asleep. Too tired to continue talking, and wanting to allow November to get some rest, Flavio was pleased to let a silence fall and be left to his thoughts, waiting quietly for Pia to return. It felt like a lifetime wanting to see his son, but when Pia eventually walked in again with Miro bundled up in her arms, Flavio was interrupted from all that was on his mind, forgetting the time that had passed as a smile appeared on his face. Not a moment later Pia mentioned something about checking on November, before she handed Miro to him. Though Flavio knew he should have listened to what his sister was saying he found it impossible as he held his son for the first time. As he looked at his child the rest of the world seemed to dissapear around him, and for the first time when he thought about being a parent it felt real, and possible for him instead of the level of surrealness and fear he had experienced the last few months. For the first time since he knew he was going to be a father he felt content, rather than anxious about a responsibility he wasn’t ready for. Flavio knew he would always be a father one day, but November telling him she was pregnant felt all too soon, forcing him to put his goals on hold and leaving a feeling of uncertainty lingering in his chest for months. However now he felt nothing but unconditional love and overwhelmed at how right it was to call the baby in his arms his son, as if all his worries were suddenly put into perspective.
November’s voice soon snapped Flavio out of his reverie, and he looked up, almost missing the question she asked. He soon nodded when he realised she wanted to hold Miro, and handed the baby to her. Not realizing he was crying until his arms were free, Flavio moved to wipe his face with his sleeve and sniffled as he tried to compose himself. That day had been a roller coaster of emotions, heightened by how tired he was and Flavio knew he shouldn’t have expected anything less. At least for the time being he felt happy, and he was thankful for this, wanting nothing to ruin what was had become the happiest moment of his life.

November was glad to have the entire experience over, she wasn't sure if she'd do it all over again. Not until she saw Pia coming back in the room with Miro. His little locks of hair on his tiny face made her forget all the pain she felt in the moment. Flavio was holding him while Pia checked her over. It seemed like a lifetime passed until Flavio finally handed her their son. It seemed crazy to her that this little tiny package of joy was brought here by a failing relationship. She loved Flavio but she knew in her heart that they'd never be able to connect on the same page again. She trusted Flavio completely and was looking forwards to their lives as parents together. Once Miro was in her arms again she felt whole the missing piece of her puzzle was back. She smiled up at Flavio, Miro was a good name for this little boy. He looked so much more like Flavio than herself at the moment. She wondered if everything was going to be set up at home or not. She couldn't if they had gotten the crib together or if any of the newborn outfits had been washed yet. Her due date hadn't been for a while longer, she thought they had more time. She hadn't realized how close she really had been.

Knowing Miro was safe, and watching as November held their son further reassured Flavio that everything would be alright. Though he was still exhausted, the sense happiness and contentment he felt since holding Miro was overwhelming him. As the feeling lingered he felt as if his path in life was beginning to make sense again, that he had finally found the security he had searched for since the news November was pregnant turned the future he was working for upside down. Miro being brought into the world happy and healthy changed everything Flavio thought was wrong to be right again, and assured him that after all the stress he was under, being a parent much earlier than he expected was truly what was meant to be. As Pia left the room a second time and another silence fell, Flavio took a deep breath, wanting to further anchor himself and organize his thoughts. Security and stability, finding something tangible and reliable in a time where he felt his path in life dissolve beneath his feet was all he wished for in the last few months, and it led him to purchase an engagement ring, believing that regardless of the fact he and November broke up before either of them knew she was pregnant, a promise of a marriage to bring a sense of stability for the child that was on the way was his best and only option. It was a constant thought in the back of his mind ever since, of when and where, and how he should offer the ring to November, wanting the perfect moment though unable to find one between his busy schedule of working two jobs and supporting her during her pregnancy.

In his emotional yet anchored state, during a somewhat calm after the storm that was Miro being born, and before both his and November’s families walked in to meet Miro, the moment did feel right to Flavio. Proving to November he was ready to do anything and everything to always be present, supporting her and Miro for as long as they needed was all he wanted, and a ring to show this commitment seemed as right as everything else that day. Turning around to where he placed his jacket on a nearby chair, Flavio began to speak, hoping November was listening and not too distracted as she held their baby boy. “Um, I have meant to talk to you about something for a while, I know I have said I will always be here for you and Miro.” He started, picking up the jacket and sifting through the inside pockets. Amidst the surprise and rush they were in when November went into labor, he hadn’t been certain he remembered to keep the ring with him in the same way he had for months. He was glad he did remember when the soft velvet of the box brushed his fingers. Pausing when he held it in his hand, Flavio continued. “I want to do what is best for the both of you and I want to show you that I mean it. I have thought about this for a while now, and I feel that this is the right time to ask.” He turned around and stepped closer to the hospital bed, considering whether to get on one knee but instead settling for a less dramatic approach, simply opening the box to show her the ring, and placing it on the bedside table. “Will you marry me?” He asked before clearing his throat, feeling it tighten as he nervously waited for her answer.

November was enjoying spending this time with her new son. She hadn't ever really held a baby before, sure when her cousins were young she had met them but they hadn't been exactly babies. And that wasn't until after she started at Hogwarts and been a muggleborn like her Aunt who now was a teacher at the school. She was grateful her Aunt offered to take a semester off of teaching to help her, she wasn't sure on much with babies. She'd practiced changing the diapers and holding a fake baby but now she had a real little boy in her arms. She looked up as Flavio started to talk once again. She really couldn't imagine how a simple slip of the mind had led them to this point. They'd been broken up for about two months when she had discovered she was going to have a baby. He'd been so supportive ever since she told him, he was going to be an excellent father to Miro. Her heart started to rush a little as she listened to his words. Her mind completely went blank as she saw the ring he had. He'd bought a ring. He wanted to marry her. November looked up at the guy who was her first ever crush, first nearly everything. Had this been two years ago she would have been thrilled and said yes instantly. But she hesitated now, they'd broken off as friends. Things weren't pairing for them at the end of school and she couldn't see herself in a white dress standing with Flavio. She looked down at Miro, thinking how a life with happy parents would be the best for him. "Flavio," she said looking back up at him, "I love you so much. I want you to be happy and I know that together married, we wouldn't be the happiest. Miro deserves parents who work together and are happy. We can do that as we are I think," November said feeling nervous about having to say no to a proposal like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back