Listen to Your Heart

Katheryn Kingsley

OOC First Name
Kait
Sexual Orientation
Bas
Wand
Maple Wand 12'' core of female Kelpie Hair
It was warm in California, despite it being December. The young redhead sat on her front porch, swinging in the giant wicker chair. She was dressed in blue sundress that really brought out the ocean blues in her eyes. Her bare feet were lightly skimming the ground, her gold sandles tossed to the side against the house. Her eyes were unfocused on anything as she rocked back and forth. A light, cool breeze ruffled her curls as it cooled her down.

Katheryn had arrived at her father's house yesterday, the day after the Yule Ball. Two nights ago, she had seen her boyfriend kissing another girl in front of the whole school. She had ran but he had followed her. Jake hadn't explained anything but just kissed her. Kat was angry and she had slapped him before making her getaway to her Hufflepuff dorm. She knew it was wrong to hit Jacob but no one had ever betrayed her so completely before. The Slytherin boy held her heart in his hands though she had never admitted it to him. He had torn it apart by kissing another girl.

Even now, without him, Kat felt her heart aching for Jake. Why? Why did it have to be this boy that had Kat so completely wrapped up in him? The one boy she didn't think she could ever have again. It was over between them, something Kat was just going to have to accept. What more could she do? She would not apologize for slapping him and she doubted he would come looking for her.

Katheryn diverted her eyes to the floor as she softly hummed to herself. She followed the direction the humming took her before beginning to sing. Her voice was clear and pure as she sang an old muggle song. It was one she had heard on the radio when she was younger but that had always stuck with her.

I know there's something in the wake of your smile.
I get a notion from the look in your eyes, yea.
You've built a love but that love falls apart.
Your little piece of heaven turns too dark.

Listen to your heart
when he's calling for you.
Listen to your heart
there's nothing else you can do.
I don't know where you're going
and I don't know why,
but listen to your heart
before you tell him goodbye.

Sometimes you wonder if this fight is worthwhile.
The precious moments are all lost in the tide, yea.
They're swept away and nothing is what it seems,
the feeling of belonging to your dreams.

Listen to your heart
Listen to your heart
and I don't know why,
but listen to your heart

And there are voices
that want to be heard.
So much to mention
but you can't find the words.
The scent of magic,
the beauty that's been
when love was wilder than the wind

Listen to your heart
Listen to your heart
and I don't know why,
but listen to your heart

Listen to your heart....mm..mmm​
<i>
</i>

The weather in California was awfully different than Boston up north. Jake had been in Boston for two days bunking with Jared, moping around forever to what had happen in New Zealand just two days ago. Jared had offered to take him around town, hiking, snowboarding, anything to lift Jake's mood up. Nothing help, nothing mattered after what he had done. He was an idiot completely for hurting Kathryn. She didn't deserve it nor did Jess. He was so stupid, he didn't know what to do with himself by the second day in Boston. By than he force himself out of bed and decided California would be the only place he would be going besides Hogwarts.
He packed the very little clothes he had at Jared and apparated couple times before he ended up in California.
This was his first time visiting one of the major States in America. He haul himself to the nearest hotel and checked in right away. When he got into his room he unpacked most of his things and got ready to apparate to Kathryn's house. This will be the hardest dilemma he ever faced with someone he actually cared about. Jake was ready but didn't seem to have the courage to face her. Not only did he ruin his relationship with Kathryn he had possibly lost his best friend back at Hogwarts. Jerk he thought, sighing heavily.
He apparated away momentarily to end up where Kathryn lived with her father. The house was easy to spot amongst the spaced out fields. He felt like an alien exploring new territory. Which in someways in felt the way. He never been to California despite the many times his parents travel most major parts of the world. California had been one of those places they skipped along the way. The gravel underneath his shoes sunk in a little as Jake took fews step towards Kathryn's house. His pained instantly when he saw her sitting along. Right than and then he could still feel the slap she had given him after he tried to kiss and comfort her. Entering the gates without much commotion, he walk towards the front of the house. Inside deep in his pocket he held a letter just for her, in case she didn't want to hear it this time. He stopped looking down the ground beneath him. He took a hesitant breath before he spoke loud enough for her to hear. "Kat? Red?" he said than stop before he said anything else.

Katheryn was startled out of her singing as she heard an all too familiar voice speak her name. She looked up hesitantly, making sure her ears weren't betraying her. There he stood, looking handsome and making her heart melt. It wasn't fair that he could still make her heart skip a beat after what he had done. Her blue eyes met his with caution. Kat didn't know why or what he was doing here. He appeared to be upset about something. She frowned. "Jake?" she asked him back. "What are you doing here?" she wondered outloud.

Her question brought him back to what Jake had been thinking before he arrived in California. He felt his lips numb in place, his tongue rolled back to feel a detested cotton sensation, that it made it difficult for him to speak at first what he had wanted to say. The gravel ground beneath him felt similar to quick sand, like time was running out for him if he didn't spill what he had to say. Anxiety took over, making his shoulders hunch up in place. Take it easy, a voice came from the depths of nowhere telling him everything will be alright. He couldn't trust the voice wherever it came from? Jake naturalistic instincts told him him enough not to trust that soothing voice. It could be the cause of some betrayal, sometime of your guilt. Jake was going with explanation and truce. It was time that Kathryn knew she held his heart. "I've came back for you Kat, if your willing to take me back?"

Kat's heart lurched at his words. He wanted her back? She wanted to accept immediately, feeling the desire to be in his arms again. Jake had the Hufflepuff girl completely, heart, mind, and soul. It took all her will power to stay seated instead of jumping into his arms. Katheryn knew she had to listen to her heart but how did she know that this handsome boy wasn't going break her heart all over again? Her blue eyes looked cautiously at him, afraid of heart break. She sighed. "Jake. I really want to be with you too." she started off by saying honestly. "But you hurt me and I don't know if I can trust you." she said, running a hand through her red hair. "I just.....I just can't take that kind of pain again." Katheryn said quietly, diverting her eyes so she didn't have to look at Jake's perfect face.

"I know, I will admit to my mistakes. And if I could I would take it all back before it happen" the words felt burden, rattle as he felt his throat tighten in place. Everything seem to tense, from his honey iris that felt shelter with concern to his arms that rolled and hung over his torso. The sun rays irritated his eyes sight, he had to duck and pull back his position before he spoke again. It was becoming difficult just to say sorry, cowardly move on his part. If the heavens were staring down upon them, his mother would disapprove of her son adolescent behavior. "I'm asking for your forgiveness Kathryn Kingsley? Your trust will be harder to regain back but I'm asking for another chance Kathryn? To prove my mistakes weren't intentionally to hurt you Kathryn" Jake gaze settle up to meet her gloomy hues of pain, man why was he an idiot? He scuff forward in attempt to grow near her. Timberlake boots kick the dusky ground before him, California was hot, wearing boots had been a wrong move. However the weather in Boston weren't the same as California. Before he left everyone around him were wearing heavy sets of coats and same sort of boots Jake was wearing. Ugh, his white linen pair of socks were already sticking to his skin.

Katheryn listened to Jake, thinking about the song she had just been singing before he walked up to her front porch. She needed to listen to her heart and what it told her to do. Her blue eyes stared down at the floor as she thought. More than anything, Kat just wanted to trust Jake. Her heart was telling her not to tell him good bye. She wanted to give him a second chance. Wasn't that what love meant? Taking a risk and hoping that it would make everything better? The Hufflepuff looked up at the bronze boy with honey eyes. She offered him a small smile. Kat wasn't sure that she was making the right decision. The only thing she knew was that it would cause her physical pain to be seperated from him any longer than she had already been. Kat stood up, taking the last few steps to Jacob's arms. She nodded her head, red curls bouncing around her shoulders. "Okay. I'm willing to try again if you just promise that this wont happen again." she said, her voice soft. "I can't go through that again. It nearly killed me." her musical voice said, pain seeping into it as she remembered what had passed in the past few days.

"Trust me I know..." a smile failed to travel across his quiet lips, demonstrative wrong time to seem happy. Sure a light of hope spring from somewhere inside his chest, still her trust will be a trail to regain. She will not be easy to win over, time will tell how long that will take. Merlin beards knows he will seek her trust till the end of time. Jake felt her olive tone fingers pressed against his forearms. "I love you Kat if it means anything" his arms guide away from her fingers slipping to the small of her back. Kat slender form made it smooth for Jake to claim her. "I love you Kat" he took a glimpse over her sapphire optics, they were confiding in Jake, just don't let her down he thought, leaning down he brought her to a heartfelt kiss.

Katheryn gasped slightly as Jake told her that he loved her. Her heart swelled three sizes as a giant smiled crossed her face. She beamed up at Jake as he said it again. "Really?" she asked amazed. She hadn't been sure he felt the same way about her but it seemed he did. She threw her arms around his shoulders. He leaned down and kissed her. Kat threw all caution to the wind and kissed him back, very passionately. Finally, they broke apart. Her blue eyes met his. "I love you Jake. I really do." she said, her voice sincere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back