life isn't about waiting for the storm to come

Tara Sitara

OOC First Name
Mia
there was a storm coming, this is why tara made her way up the stairs to the north tower. she would have preferred to be outside but she wanted to be working until it was raining. she loved the light before the storm and she wanted to capture the unreal tones whilst they were then and it wasn't from her memory. she took her sketch pad out and propped it up against a window, and then took her pastels and started to add colour. she had drawn the outline the other day planing to get a dawn picture, but the storm was too good an opportunity to let pass. she sketched and the clouds headed towards the castle.

Eliza Beth had a headache, the ever approaching storm had caused a rapid filling of the Ravenclaw common room and had put the chatter volume way beyond the tolerable level. Her temples throbbing she grabbed her notebook and fled from the room, making her way to the north tower, the only place she knew would almost deserted. Her sketch pad under her arm she slowly made her way up to the top of the stairs and froze in her tracks. There was someone already here, some one younger. Blushing Eliza Beth bit her lip "Er... can I join y-you?" she mumbled "If n-not I can go somewhere else..." she added not wanting to impose on the girl, although the scene before her was beautiful and she longed to capture it.

Tara was faintly aware of someone coming up the stairs behind her. however she didn't look around. she was struggling with a small section and wanted to get it right. when it was finally up to standard she looked around and saw another student there. when she girl spoke she smiled.she could see that she was holding a notebook and was probably there for the same reason she was. "there is no need to ask, the tower has the best view unless you are planning on sitting outside but then you may get a little wet" she said. she moved over slightly so that they could both use the same window as it was the best one, it looked out over the late and had the forest and mountains behind on one side and on the other side were the cliffs and the sea. "I'm Tara by the way, Tara Sitara she said smiling. picking up another colour and adding it to her picture.

Eliza Beth smiled gratefully and made her way over to the window and sat down next the young girl, her legs crossed. Laughing slightly she nodded "Yeah, I don't really want to get wet..." Flipping to a new page she pulled her charcoal out of her pocket and scanned the site before her. At the introductions the Ravenclaw turned and smiled at Tara "I'm Eliza Beth, Eliza Beth Stewart" she replied and was going to offer her hand before realising it was covered in charcoal from her previous drawing session. Blushing she put her hand down, hoping Tara didn't notice the awkward gesture. Turning back to her picture she sketched a light outline of the mountains and the forest, it was in her opinion the best part of the scenery and she had drawn countless sketches of it already. It was though the first time she had drawn it during a storm. Dusting off her hands she bit her lip unsure of whether or not she should try to make conversation. "Erm, so what house are you in?" she asked quietly knowing that she only had to look at Tara's tie if she really wanted to know.

tara Smiled as the girl set up her equipment. "charcoal, nice choice. I should use it more often' she said knowing that her love of colour would always prevent her from doing pictures in full monochrome. she did like charcoal pictures though. "Nice to meet you Eliza Beth, she was about to shake her hand when she realised that it was covered in pastel and having colour on her hands would ruin her picture. she smiled as she saw the other girl go through the same thought process. she looked at her picture and and added some pale greys into the sea to create turmoil. she looked at Eiza Beths picture briefly. "thats really good" she said before realising that she had been asked a question. "sorry, i tend to sone out when i am drawing. I'm in hufflepuff, how about you?" she asked smiling at her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back