OOC First Name
Kait
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
12" Ash wand with tail of unicorn hair core
Kiera walked up to the library after leaving Professor King's office. She had a lot to learn in a short amount of time. Kiera grabbed three large books off the shelves around a table, before sitting down. She placed them all stratigically around in an effort to concel the real book she was reading. Professor King had told her it was for her eyes only and she didnt want to let him down. Kiera opened the book to the first page and began her journey to seal her mind from everyone else.

Nina was wandering around the castle, she didn't have anything to do at least not yet, she was going to meet up with Noah a bit later. Nina was so pleased to see him here, actually she thought she was beginning to form a crush on him. Sure she knew he was good looking, and sweet but she was her best friends ex boyfriend and her good friends ex as well. She didn't want things to end badly, if they were to even start - which would be unlikely, she had a feeling that Noah thought of her as a sister, or just a good friend, mainly because of Alex and how obvious it had been that she liked him the previous year.

Nina was so consumed by her thoughts she hadn't realized she was in the library walking through the isles until she tripped on two kids snogging. Nina rolled her eyes at them and joked, "Be safe kids." Nina snickered inwardly as she walked away from that isle and over to the tables. As she walked she spotted a girl that she knew to be in her year, actually she thought she was her old competitors brother. Nina furrowed her brow slightly and walked towards her and looked at the books circled around the girl, the one she was actually reading interesting her most, but she looked up at the girls face and asked sheepishly, "Err mind if I join you?" Nina glanced back down at her books and she raised her brows slightly when she spotted two or three words of the book title, she didn't have her contacts on so it was a bit harder to read it.

Kiera looked up from her book to see a girl she had thought attended Hogwarts Scottland. She snuck her book down in her lap. Kiera had already managed to make it to chapter three. Surprisingly enough, it actually was a good book. It wasn't dull like most of the old books around here. Kiera turned her attention back to the girl who had competed against Cameron. Kiera smiled kindly up at the girl.

"Sure. Take a seat." she motioned to one of the chairs at the table. "I dont believe we have met." she said with an honest smile. "I am Kiera Kingsley." she said introducing herself. Kiera's mood had greatly improved after her talk with Professor King. She had a plan of action now. She could resume her normal friendly, happy self with that in mind.

Nina smiled nicely at the girl and she took a seat opposite her, and crossed her legs on the chair and she said, "It's nice to meet you Kiera, I'm Nina Patrokov." Nina would have offered her small hand for a shake but the girl seemed quite preoccupied with the book she had been reading, Nina felt bad for interrupting her, the book was obviously something she wanted to read in private. Then why didn't she just read it in her dorm? Nina thought curiously. "You're Cam's sister right?" Nina asked after a moment of silence between the two, a few Ravenclaws glancing in their direction giving them death glares. Nina just rolled her eyes at this, it amused her.

"Its nice to meet you Nina." Kiera said with a grin. She looked around the room and saw the Ravenclaws. She could not understand why they were giving Nina and herself those looks. Kiera shrugged her shoulders. Some people were just like that. Kiera turned back to Nina. "Yeah I am. Cam is my older brother." she said in a fond tone. Kiera loved Cam and her younger sister Kat for that matter even if they werent on speaking terms right now. Kiera was very proud of her brother and his accomplishments. They got on well to be so close in age. "You were the Hogwarts Scottland champion correct?" she asked with another smile. Kiera knew that was how she recongnized this girl.

Nina couldn't help but notice Kiera's confusion at the Ravenclaws actions and Nina smiled inwardly, not one of amusement or a mocking one, just blank and meaningless. When she turned back to face Nina, the Hufflepuff girl noticed her tone as she spoke of her brother, perhaps it was just Nina being competitive or the both of them being competitive but Cam was a jerk, she hadn't seen it out front but she sensed it, something about him. It would have been interesting to see if he got the beating that his Durmstrang friends did at the end of the summer. That would make her happy, or laugh wildly at him.

Nina smirked inwardly as she remembered that at the task he had finished last, after he had been so overly confident both girls beat him, and wiped that smug look off his face. Now Nina hadn't finished first but she finished second, which wasn't that great in her mind...it still meant that she finished before him though. Nina nodded her head gently at Kiera's question and said with a hint of regret and sadness in her tone, "That was me, yes."

Kiera wasnt sure she liked the look on the girl's face. Nina looked smug and conceded when she mentioned Cameron. Kiera could not understand the reasoning behind the looks. Kiera was being nice and friendly and this girl seemed like she was insulting her brother. Family is a high priority of Kiera's. She was close to them all. Except her mother. Kiera turned her nose in the air. "Do you have a problem with Cameron?" she inquired. Kiera hoped she wasnt making this impression up all on her own but she was fairly confident she wasnt. Kiera's face was blank and unreadable as she awaited the girl's answer.

At Kiera's obvious confusion Nina did her best to conceal a mocking grin, but her lips curled over slightly and then she slowly shook her head once and then set her gaze upon Kiera once more and she said in a soft, passive tone, "Not in the least, what would make you think such a thing?" Nina was playing off the girl's confusion with ease, in fact she wanted to make it harder for herself, but she was technically new here and most of her 'friends' were in Gryffindor so she didn't think it would be safest to rock the boat, at least not this early in the year.

Kiera could tell from the girl's mocking grin that she thought Kiera was oblivious. Kiera smirked at the girl, something Kiera rarely did. Only something like someone messing with her family could make her angry enough to show it publicly. "Well I wonder.." she started sarcastically. "Maybe its your fake smiles and leers towards my brother when I mention him. Or maybe its your mocking grin at me." she said keeping her voice low but deadly.

Nina's eyes rolled and she said with a patronizing tone, "Now, now, now.. I'm sure Cammy can fight his own battles, though I haven't seen anything in him to believe he would win, but he is a fighter." Nina knew that she sounded like a kindergarten teacher that was talking to the parents of a student or a bad motivational speaker, she was doing this all on purpose, it would amuse her greatly to see the girls reaction, how quick she was to anger only added into the fun for Nina, who was sitting there, no longer hiding her smug smile. "And say I do have a problem with your brother I believe that would be between he and I, not his sister, him and myself, that logic, doesn't make much sense, now does it?" Nina smirked coldly and her usually warm hazel eyes turned an icy green, with brown circling her pupils.

Kiera glared coldly at Nina. So far there had not been a single person she could not get along with at Hogwarts New Zealand. Well minus Athene... Kiera amended in her head. Athene might have met her match in Nina. Kiera was fuming mad which was very unlike her character.

"I believe that when you insult him and he is not here to hear you, it becomes my business. Trust me. My brother would never fight you. He is too much of a gentleman to insult what at least looks like a lady." she said with scorn.

Kiera narrowed her eyes at the girl. The girl was a know-it-all in Kiera's opinion. She would get back at this girl and it would not be through fighting fair. Caysi would be more than happy to help out and sabotage the girl in her own room.

Nina scoffed coldly and she said simply, "If your brother does not know of my distaste towards him he is dumber then some Gryffindors I have recently met." Nina was obviously referring to Kiera, and she smirked once more before continuing with her discrete insults, that seem to get on Kiera's nerves so much. "You do know that we aren't in the 1920's we are in the 2020's..there is no such thing as a lady in modern times, and there is no such thing as chivalry, at least no any more," Nina stated simply then she said, "So Lady Kingsley..." Nina paused letting her mocking tone sink in then continued, "What are you going to do? Have one of your friends come get me, because that isn't very brave now is it, or are you going to try and make my life a living hell? Because we both know, that you'll receive what you give and so much worse, from me, and from karma." Nina's eyes flared warningly then she leaned her back against the comfortable chair waiting for Kiera's response this really was getting interesting. Perhaps I should fight with people more often, Nina thought with a smirk.

Kiera turned her nose up in the air. "First off, there is such thing as chivalry then you have never been to the South." she scoffed. "From what I understood you never even spoke directly with my brother. You make and pass judgements on people without ever even getting to know them. You will go through life cold and alone because no one can stand to be with you for more than ten minutes." she mocked in a dismissive tone. Kiera rolled her eyes at Nina's statements. They were said by a girl who obviously had such low self estem she had to knock down those with impressive lives. "First off, if you knew what I have been through, you would never dare call me weak." Kiera hissed at Nina. "I wont have to tell my friend to do anything if you keep spouting off about my brother. My best friend and his girlfriend, Caysi wont do so well with remarks like these. She has a temper." Kiera said maliciously. Nina would get what was coming to her, maybe even unintentionally. If Jacqueline read this in Kiera's mind, Nina would most likely vanish mysteriously. Even Kiera wouldnt wish Nina a fate like that.

Nina rolled her eyes coldly and said sarcastically, "Oh yes you've figured me out, good job." Nina clapped her hands monotonously then she placed them down on the table once more and she stated, "I have spoken to Cameron once before, I didn't care for his attitude me, nor do I care for your disrespect, you really shouldn't treat your superiors in such a way, it wont get you anywhere." Nina smirked once more then she said, "What did Mommy and Daddy die?" Nina's voice was obviously cold and it sounded like she knew for a fact what her mother was, Nina had a good guess, just because of Kiera's words but she wouldn't say that she wasn't that foolish. "I know Caysi, and believe you me, I can handle," Nina said simply then she sighed, this was getting boring. "You bore me now, you can leave."

"Believe you me, you will never be superior over me." Kiera said, giving Nina one of those if looks could kill. Nina was the outcast and newbie at the school, not Kiera. She had plenty of friends, she definately did not need this pathetic girl as a friend. Kiera would never admit to Nina what her mother really was, but in fact she had not even meant her parents when she said she had been through. Not that she would share those secrets to this simple-minded girl. "I would not underestimate Caysi, dear." she said in a mocking voice. Kiera simply looked at Nina when she said Kiera should move. "I believe I was the kind one that invited you to sit with me. You may leave if you wish." she said ironically. Kiera gave Nina another pointed glance before she returned to her book she was studying in her lap.

Nina let a heavy chortle out and she said, "Oh you simple minded girl.."Nina shook her head at Kiera softly this was too funny. Nina shrugged her shoulders and said, "She can't be very hard to deal with.. I mean the weak befriend the weak correct?" Nina smirked then she took her wand out discretly, under the table then muttered, "Accio Kiera's book." The book on Kiera's lap plopped onto Nina's and she smirked as she read the title out loud, "Your Mind: Who's inside it and how to keep them out" Nina smirked once more then said, "Well isn't this rich..you want to learn occlumency..I can't imagine the foolish Professor to teach this to you..It will be and seems that it already is pointless." Nina chucked the book back at the girl aiming for her stomach. Nina swiftly stood up and she looked at her muggle wrist watch and she said, "Well girl, if you'd excuse me.. I have better ways to spend my time, and better people to spend my time with.." As Nina turned to leave she yelled loudly and sarcastically, "Good luck with the mind reading."

Kiera was enraged as the book flew out of her hands. It was on now. Nina threw the book back at Kiera intending to hurt her. Little did the other girl know she was only 9% body fat from her life long training at gymnastics. Kiera whipped out her wand and pointed it at the retreating girl's back. "Confundo!" she whispered so that the girl wouldnt know what hit her. She would make her forget she ever saw this book. No one was to know she was taking occlumency. She had orders from Professor King. She had read about a memory loss charm but was unsure she could pull it off without permantly damaging the girl. The charm she had cast should do the job though as was its purpose. Kiera had half a mind to curse Nina into obliviation but that was no way for a prefect to act.

Nina knew that something was going to either be thrown or cursed her way so just before Kiera's spell reached her she whispered carefully, "Protego." Kiera's spell didn't work. Nina continued walking away, not letting the girl know that she hadn't forgotten and wouldn't forget. Nina opened the door to exit the library before glancing back at Kiera and gave her a cold smirk letting her know that she would not forget. Then Nina left the library and went to the lake to meet Noah.

~END OF THREAD~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back