The Basics
<i>
</i>

Character's Name:
</FONT>
Liam Tarquin Kale​
<i>
</i>
Name's Meaning: This is the Irish form of William which in turn was a Germanic name Willhelm meaning "strong protection". The name came to Britain in 1066 with William the Conqueror but in its French form "Guillaume". It is likely that Liam is based on this rather than a truncated form of William. Liam was given this name, because his parents were big fans of the muggle Singer Liam Gallagher.

Character's Birthdate:
November 15 2019​
<i>
</i>
Hometown:
Dornoch, Scotland.​
<i>
</i>
Blood Status:
Pureblood​
<i>
</i>
Wand:
Holly/Ebony Wand 12 1/2 Essence of Griffin Feather​
<i>
</i>
Hogwarts House:
Gryffindor​
<i>
</i>

Appearance
<COLOR color="#000">

Hair:
Liam has sandy-brown hair, which naturally curly. He wore it long for years, which his Mother hated, but finally gave in, and it is now trimmed neatly, which, he admits; is better for Quidditch.​
<i>
</i>
Eyes:
Liam has very prominent eyes, and dark, thick eyebrows. His eyes are a deep, chocolatey brown, with flecks of gold. There is a dark ring around his iris, which makes his eyes more distinct. He has his Grandfather, Kirk's eyes.​
<i>
</i>
Height:
6'4" Liam is extremely tall for his age, and is continuing to grow at a pace which exasperates his parents, who keep having to buy him new clothes.​
<i>
</i>
Style:
Liam dresses very well. He has been taught to do so by his parents since a young age. He is the eldest in his family, and thus must uphold the family's honour. He often wears blazers and such, unaware of the fact that this is unusual for a boy of his age: Example:
Though he dresses well, he is far more comfortable in his jodphurs and riding hat. His rugby gear is one of his favourite things to wear.​
<i>
</i>
Other Distinguishing Features:
Liam is very well-built. He has broad shoulders, and very developed muscles for a thirteen year old. This is mostly because of his rugby-playing and horse-riding. Dancing has given him excellent balance. He also has very full lips. He also has a large scar on his left leg from getting it caught in a trap.

</SIZE></SIZE>

<FONT font="Lucida Handwriting"><SIZE size="150">A Little Deeper
<i>
</i><COLOR color="#000">

Personality:
Liam is very active. He loves sport, and exploring. His love of exploring has gotten him in trouble from time to time, because his parents want him to partake in more suitable activities. This is why he started dancing. At first, he was reluctant, but he has come to love it. Liam does traditional dancing. He is incredibly protective of his little sister, and plans for her to have a future of her own choosing. He really resents the fact that he will have to run the stables, and the castle when he's older-though he couldn't picture himself doing anything else, he'd like a choice. This causes many arguments between him and his Father, who sees Liam as a bit of a rebel. He is correct in this line of thinking, as Liam enjoys breaking rules and often sneaks out of the castle as night. His family means a lot to him, and in public, he represents a perfect gentleman. He speaks very well, though his accent becomes more pronounced when he is angry, or nervous. He makes friends easily, especially through sport. He was raised away from muggle children, and the only time he met any other children was through rugby and riding. He has won many horse-riding competitions, and he played with the local rugby team, as a Flanker, though his Father watched every practice. They didn't want him to become too close to the local children, lest he accidentally let something slip about the magical world. The only real friend he had was Isla MacNiall, who he used to sneak out to play with. The muggle world confuses him, as he has been raised with magic. They have a television in his house, though they have no satellite. Liam is a great lover of Star Wars, and will often quote parts of the movies that he finds funny. Yoda is his favourite character.
Liam does, however, have a more gentle side. He loves animals. His gelding, named Obi-Wan, is his pride and joy, as is his Sheltie, Rhona, who is named after his Great-Grandmother. He recently bought a Snowy Owl, which he has named Yoda. He takes great care with his animals, and is dreading having to leave them while he is in Hogwarts. He left his parents a notebook full of tips about how to look after them when he was gone, and one of the jockeys promised to exercise Obi-Wan for him. His sister promised to help also, but Liam doubts she'll be of much use, as she is only three. Now that he has completed his education, he is expected to return to the castle in order to help his father with the running of the stables.
He adores his sister-Catherine. She idolises him, and was very upset at his having to leave. She can't wait to go to Hogwarts herself, and Liam will miss her terribly as she began as he finished. She has been his only companion in the castle, along with his Grandmother, who he is very close to.​
<i>
</i>
History:
Liam was born in Scotland to Lillian and Malcolm Kale. There are two children in his family, though his younger sister is still an infant. He lives in a remote castle in the Highlands, near Dornoch. His Father's family has lived there for centuries, and it is imbued with spells to repel muggles. His Father holds a minor title as Baron, and mainly his business is horses. He owns a large stables, with over two hundred horses. Some are just lodgers, whereas his Father owns several of the horses himself, and employs his own jockeys. They also keep some Eriskay ponies, as Liam's mother is very fond of the breed. Liam has been riding since he was a child, and has won many competitions, jumping and cross-country being his favourite events. Both his parents are wizards, and his Grandmother, a witch, still lives with them. He was been home-schooled by his mother until attending Hogwarts. He is very confident in his abilities, and often gets in trouble for being over-confident. His Mother despairs of him, as he spends much of his time outdoors, and tends to ruin his clothes in some adventure or other. His Father hoped that Hogwarts will settle him, though Liam hoped the opposite. He's broken several bones in the past during his explorations of the Highlands, especially when they spend their Summer's further North.
Liam's childhood has been very lonely, as his only contact with other children was sport, and he was never very close to any other children. His parents are very loving, but can be over-protective, which drives Liam to distraction.
After coming to Hogwarts, Liam started to get to know his classmates, and it gave him more opportunities to be around young people. That made being at home even harder for Liam, after getting used to living in a hive of activity. He yearned constantly for company, and though he disliked Hogwarts at first came to love it. However, in his third year illness forced him to withdraw and he soon found himself isolated in school. The remainder of his schooling was painful for Liam. His Grandmother suffered ill health and he constantly worried about her; which took from his studies. He achieved very poor results in his NEWTs, and now despairs at the thought of having to return to the castle, with no choice about his own future.
<i>
</i>
Family:

Mother:
76PJU.jpg
~Lillian Kale (neé Craig)
~Born: September 15<SIZE size="50">th 1998
~Married (To Malcolm Kale)
~Healthy
~Lillian, and the shortened version Lily, are derived from the Latin word for the lily flower. According to the traditional story, the lily sprang from Eve's tears as she left the garden of Eden. As such it came to represent innocence and purity.
<i>
</i>
Father:
yzoHv.jpg
~Malcolm Kale
~Born: August 3rd 1996
~Married (To Lillian Kale)
~Healthy
~Derived from the Gaelic "maol Caluim" meaning "follower of the dove" (meaning Saint Columba), there have been four kings of Scotland bearing the name Malcolm. Malcolm Canmore was the son of King Duncan I who was killed by Macbeth. Malcolm later defeated Macbeth to regain the throne. The Gaelic version of the name is Calum.
<i>
</i>
Sister:
4bOkc.jpg
~Catherine Kale
~Born: March 19th 2027
~Too Young to Care
~Healthy
<i>
</i>
Paternal Grandmother:
Bj36Z.jpg
~Gillian Kale (Neé Gillespie.)
~Born: February 13th 1969
~Widowed (Duncan Kale)
~Healthy
<i>
</i>
Paternal Grandfather:
vvWsW.jpg
~Duncan Kale
~Deceased
~Died of old age: February 3rd 2029 ( Seventy-Nine)
Maternal Grandmother:
Eu7xr.jpg
~Iona Craig (neé Chrisholm)
~Deceased
~Died because of a heart attack: January 17th 2025 (Sixty)​
<i>
</i>
Maternal GrandFather:
hjD5s.jpg
<I>~Kirk Craig
~Deceased
~Died in a hunting accident: March 4th 2024 (Fifty-Seven)​
<i>
</i>

Liam shook his head as he walked into the Great Hall. It was huge! Much bigger than his castle back home. Part of him wished he'd gone to Hogwarts Scotland, the accents, the weather, it was all so different here. He hoped he didn't stand out too much. The sleeves of his robes were wet, as he'd plunged his hand into the water from the boat-something he felt was probably a bad idea now, as people seemed to be looking at him oddly. Mother would've been mortified. His face probably wasn;t in the best state either, he'd eaten quite a few sweets on the train, and his mouth felt all sticky. There were losts of older students, who were already seated. He hoped that he didn't look too bad, he needed to represent the Kales, and his Father would murder him if he saw him now. He rolled up his sleeves slightly, to hide the damp and stood straight. His name wasn't going to be too far back. He didn't really know what House he'd like. His Father had been a Gryffindor, and he'd be proud to be in the same House as him, his Mother had been a Hufflepuff, but he didn't really see himself as anything like her. She was sweet and Kind, and protected her family with a fierce loyalty that he could understand, but didn't think he could ever pull off. He was more vibrant. He tended to do stupid things, and get in trouble. If there was a House for people who enjoyed the wilds of Scotland, and who got angry quite a bit-that was the one for him, however, he doubted that was the case. his Father had briefly explained the Houses to him, so he was able to tell the tables apart, but he suspected he'd find out much more tonight. The Sorting Hat's song was quite helpful. He already knew he probably wouldn't be in Ravenclaw. They were creative, and while Liam enjoyed books and such, he'd never seen himself as creative. It was a bit too airy-fairy for him. He prefered to live in the now, and if he could find a way to make the now more exciting-why not?

Eventually, his name was called. He walked up to the sorting hat, exactly as his Mother had taught him as a child, his back straight, feet one in front of the other. The proper way to walk as she said. He didn't see the point really, he'd much rather be running around. He smiled at the hat as he put it on his head. It'd be cool if it could tell the future, but he supposed it's job was more about reading the present. Well, Mister Hat he thought; I really have no idea where I belong, so I'm happy wherever you put me, but I cannae bear boring people, so as long as I'm not with anyone boring-I'll be fine. He realised this may be sort of rude, so he added; Though, I donnae suppose there are any boring people here, I mean magic sort of makes you a bit more interesting doesn't it?" He wasn't sure whether he was supposed to talk to the hat or what, so he just sat there as it lay on his head, waiting for an answer. He just hoped, wherever he was, that there'd be a few people like him, who liked a bit of rough and tumble. He'd need a few friends, of course, some people who'd go adventuring with him. He'd heard about a forbidden forest, it surely couldn't be that dangerous. He already had plans to explore it as soon as possible. Nothing was fun without a little danger.

"You'll find boring people everywhere. And being a bore is relative, anyway. But, perhaps you'll be most stimulated in GRYFFINDOR!"

First Year.

Liam was delighted with being sorted into Gryffindor. He immediately began exploring, and met Minoas Stratis, an older Gryffindor student in the Forbidden Forest. He helped Liam out of a centaur trap, and they later encountered two centaurs. Unfortunately, they were discovered by Professor Zhefarovich and Professor Kingsley. This earned Liam a months ban from going outside the castle, and lost him 35 points. This put a damper on the rest of the year for him, and he spent most of his time reading in the dormitory. When her returned home, his parents were furious. He was given very little allotted time to go outside, and had to study, as he'd paid no mind to work. He resolved to do better next year.

Main Rps in First Year:
No Such Word as Misadventure.
Oh Dear, We Are In Trouble.

Liam met up with one of his oldest friends, whom he hadn't seen since starting Hogwarts. He was also made an alternate beater on the Gryffindor Quidditch Team. He spent very little time outside, still afraid of getting into more trouble, and read a lot. Unfortunately; not his textbooks.

Main Rps in Second Year:
Old Room, Old Friends
Y17 Tryouts

In Third Year, Liam became ill. This totally distracted from his studies, and he became isolated from other students. Far from home, he became depressed and the next five years went by in a blur. He had no interest in schoolwork, or friendships and instead saw his time in Hogwarts as a burden which must be endured. This attitude drove a further wedge between Liam and his father. Liam saw no point in putting any effort into his work, when he would have no choice about his future; and his Father refused to allow him to choose his own future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back