Letters to Home

Jordan Trace Vanderhol

OOC First Name
Steph.
Sexual Orientation
Ladies Typically
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4 Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
Jordan walked into the Owlery with a letter in hand, even though it was just February and vacation seemed only yesterday he hadn't seen much of his sisters during it and he did want to know them more. He first decided to write a letter to Serena not sure who was the most busy of his family members. He figured she'd be the easiest to correspond to first, plus he knew that the bird he had knew where to find her and she wasn't that far away either. Calling to his owl he attached the letter to the bird's leg and sent it on the way to his sister.
Dear Serena,
How are you sister? Fourth year as been pretty dreaful so far, the teachers never seem to stop bringing up the OWLs next year, but we still have more then a year till we have to take them. I have been studying for all my classes, no worries. I seem to have alot of extra time playing my guitar as well. I think I might see if there's a music club next year at the beginning and join and try it out. Of course I hope to be a Prefect, but I don't think I'll be choosen over the other boys in Hufflepuff in my year.

Of course some of the other kids in my house who know of our name try to get me to join Quidditch but I don't think I'm much of a flyer. Though that might all be in the genes right? Since I was adopted it maybe my parents hadn't been much of flyers either.

I hope all is well with your Store and self,
Jordan Trace Vanderhol

Serena was sitting lying out on a blanket in the backyard of her parents house while her father was playing with Schuyler and her mother was inside making sandwiches for everyone. It had been a long week at the store, but at least busy meant that money was coming in steadily. She heard her daughters high pitched laughter and smiled softly as she looked back down to the book she was reading. She was brought back around to reality by the soft hoot of an owl that had landed near her. The blonde smiled as she noticed her brothers owl. Grabbing the letter from the small bird she grinned as she sat upright to read it.

Serena and Kat loved their new brother very much even though they didn't get to spend nearly enough time with him. All their life they'd always wanted a little brother and now they had him. She ran inside to grab some parchment and a quill then went back to her blanket and penned a response to Jordan.

</FONT>
Hello my absolutely adorable little brother! I'm well. Enjoying a few days off from the store. Been a very busy week for me and keeping up with your rambunctious little niece has been more exhausting than usual. She's into everything and causing all sorts of chaos...much like our eldest sister. I fear she's got more of Kat in her than I care to think possible.

I'm glad to hear that you've been studying, but don't forget to take the time out to do things that you like to do. I'm happy to hear that you have time to play your guitar. Professors try to make a bigger deal of OWLs than is really necessary. I swear I think they get paid to freak students out by even using that acronym. As for being a Prefect that would be awesome. Kat was one, but I wasn't. A music club would be a lot of fun though. I'm not sure if Lola was in a music club or not.

Flying? I do miss flying. Haven't had much of a chance to do it since I quit quidditch to have my little bundle of joy. Perhaps when you're home over the next break I'll fly with you. Would you like that? I remember when Kat first started flying...she wasn't much of a flyer either. Actually she was quite horrible come to think of it and look at her now. I'm not so sure about it being in your genes though. Lola hates flying and she's the only one in our family (with the exception of you now) who has a lick of musical talent in her body. Really you should hear me and Kat sing...it's appalling.

Well I must run. Mum has made lunch for the lot of us and I have a feeling that Schuyler will be needing a nap not too long afterwards. I'm sending along a picture of your niece for you to keep with you because I wasn't sure if you had one or not. If there is anything that you need while you're at school please just let me know and I'll make sure that you have it sent immediately.

I love you little brother!

Your sister,
Serena

Schuyler's Picture
<FONT font="georgia">
Serena attached the letter to her brother to the owl's leg and sent it off on its way after giving it a treat. She was glad that Jordan felt comfortable in their family and that he thought enough of them to write. She missed both of her siblings when they were away and hated that she didn't get to see much of either of them all that often.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry for taking to long! I've been neglecting the site for the last few days due to my friends all graduating out of high school

Jordan waited a day before returning to the owlery, he knew his sister wasn't that far away and the owl would be back quickly. However it wanted to make sure the owl had a rest before he sent it out again with a reply. Walking up the long staircase to the Owlery he wondered what his new sister would write back. He wasn't one to be used to having any siblings being raised in the orphanage and then being adopted right before he started his first term at Hogwarts New Zealand. It had been fours years almost five since his life changed forever and he made sure that his adoptive family never forgot how gratful he was, or atleast he tried. Opening the letter after he unattached it from his owl he sat down on the window ceil to read and write a reply.
Dear Serena,
I'm glad you get some time off of work, no one should ever work every day of their lives. They'd get to into work and forget to have a life outside of the job. Not saying that you are like that I mean. I don't think anyone could created the same amount of chaos the Kat created from the stories I've heard from Mother.

I could trade you Flying Lessons for Music lessons, I'm sure I could find something you're good at musically even if it isn't singing. Though I'm thinking you'll have the harder teaching job then I. I never did really well first year when we had to take lessons in flying, there was alot of brooms hitting me in the face when I said UP, and then going on wild and crazy rides through the pitch. I do like watching the games however.

You're right in that I didn't have a picture of Schuyler. Thank you for sending it since I'm afraid I haven't had the chance to really meet her, though I'm sure she isn't to the point in her life where she'll remember when she met me anyways. I have to get to class but I think I'll write a letter to Kat soon if you don't think she is to busy write now.

Your Brother,
Jordan

Crazy! That was the only way to explain the chaos that was happening at the store. It seemed like everyone wanted something new to wear when school robes weren't needed. It was back to school time and Vibez had been one more happening place to be it seemed. Luckily now things seemed to have calmed down considerably since all the students had now returned to Hogwarts. It was nice and calm and for that Serena Vanderhol was eternally grateful.

She'd just put Schuyler down for her nap though even that had taken some coaxing. Ever since her little one had gotten to spend the majority of the school break with her uncle it seemed all she wanted to do was spend time with him. The littlest blonde loved Jordan and he seemed to have taken quite a liking to her as well. With that thought in mind Serena smiled and sat down to pen a letter to her brother.

You are very close to having a full time roommate coming to live with you. Your niece has done nothing, but misbehave since you've been gone. She just loves her 'Unc Jorrrrrrdy'. The only way I can get her to do anything is to threaten that I'm going to tell you what a bad girl she's being and then she straightens right on up...for a while anyway. I do hope that you're getting settled back into school though we all miss you so much here. Kat's already talking about trying to plan something on your first Brightstone weekend. Apparently she doesn't realize that you have friends that you'd probably much rather spend time with during those rare times away from school.

Did you decide to try out for the quidditch team? I know that we all had to much fun with you over the break. We haven't had that much fun just playing that game since we were about your age. On that note your little niece has decided that she no longer wants to lie down for her nap so I suppose I'll cut this short, but I did develop some of the pictures from the break so I'm sending you a copy of the one that mom took to hang in the living room. I love you little brother and can't wait to see you soon!

Your sis,
Serena

Mom's favorite picture

"Momma's coming Schuyler," the blonde called out to her daughter after sending off the letter to Jordan. She picked up the tiny tot realizing that the terrible two's were probably going to arrive early. "You wanna go live with Jordan instead," Serena joked as she spun Schuyler around laughing. "Unc Jorrrrdy. Love him," she littlest blonde said as she wiped her eyes then clapped her hands. "I know baby. We all do," she said as she hugged her daughter tightly to her chest and smoothed her hair down.

"Chace Malcolm Harker if you don't hurry up I'm going to strap you to a broom and send you off on your merry little way. Don't make me do it because by Merlin you know I will," the feisty brunette yelled up the stairs at her husband. She had a letter to send off to her brother and Lavender had yet to return from her last flight to New Zealand, plus the pair had dinner plans and wanted to catch a movie afterwards. Movies were one of the few muggle things that Chace enjoyed so every chance the young couple got they went to the theater. Kat huffed loudly and rolled her eyes. The former Gryffindor crossed her arms across her chest and tapped her foot. How long could it possibly take one man to get ready?

She finally heard him rustling around and then clomp down the stairs with a boyish grin on his face. Her heart melted when he looked at her like that. Giving him a quick peck on the cheek and a pop on the rump she said, "Let's go handsome!" She made sure she had her letter for her brother in her bag before heading out. Katalina dropped off the letter at the local wizarding postal service on the way to the restaurant.

My absolutely adorable baby brother...how are you getting settled into school? Did you decide to try out for the house quidditch team? I do hope so because after practicing with you this year I really think you'll make one hell of a chaser. Chace sends his best, but is telling me not to bully you into playing quidditch. Of course I think he's just jealous because, as Schuyler would call him, Unc Weeeenie doesn't like to fly. You'll be amazing I'm sure of it! Just remember everything that Rena and I taught you and most of all remember to have fun with it. As much as I love the pros I do sincerely miss playing at school. It was just better for some reason.

What electives are you taking this year? Oh and with that in mind do not fret over those stupid OWL exams. And don't tell mum I just said that to you or she'll tan my rear for sure. Mostly because she was all super student when she went to school and while I was okay in classes I really didn't give two hoots about them. Ah, I gotta run for now Jordan, but I miss you and can't wait to see you...I'm hoping to see you during your first Brightstone weekend. Let me know and I'll plan lunch for all of us. I miss you little brother and I love you very much!

Your sis,
Kat

It had been a a few days since the young teen had stopped by the Owlery and he was pleasently suprised when he had two letters wating for him. Both from his older sisters, Serena and Katalina or Kat. He did not know them each very well considering neither still lived with their parents and he had only been in the family since he was 11. However they were very nice people and he enjoyed the time he got to spend with them. Plus Serena had the cutest baby girl in his opinion.

Dear Serena,
I did tryout for the Hufflepuff Team. I'm still waiting for the results however, its been quite the time waiting. I decided with Chaser as my spot on the team. I don't think I'll have much issues with getting on the team from all the work you and Kat did with me over break. I really do appreciate it. Be sure to tell Schy I miss her very much. I still haven't really gotten around to making to many friends. I do have Star but I haven't seen her since last semester so you guys are free to come to come during Brightstone Weekend!
I have a letter from Kat here so I'm gonna send this letter on the way now to you since I only have a little bit of time before I need to head to classes.
Jordan

He attached the letter to the owl's leg and sent it on the way. Opening up Kat's letter he smiled as he read it. It was very much like Kat to add in what Chace told her but add her own thoughts on it. They were a good couple the teenager thought. Sitting down he began to reply to the letter.
Dear Kat,
Did you know you and Serena start your letters the exactly the same way?
I did decided to tryout so you never had to the chance to bully me into it. I'm still waiting on the results but I think I did a pretty good good. I still can't believe that break is over and I am back to school for my fifth year. I didn't make it as a Prefect, but I didn't think I would and the extra responsibility wouldn't be much fun. It would have been a good chance to meet some other people however. I still have yet to decided what I want to take this year. I figure the basics are pretty good, the electives haven't ever been very interesting to me. I wish there were more music classes. Serena told me in her letter you were planning on visiting during Brightstone weekend and that is fine with me as long as I don't have Quidditch practice that it!
I guess I'll talk to you later then,
Jordan.[/spoiler]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back