Letters Home

Katerina Ivanova

OOC First Name
Camilla!
Wand
Myrtle Wand 15 1/2" Tail of Charmed Newt
Katerina slowly ascended the stairs to the Owlery, along with her owl, Orlenda. The name had been a joke that had stuck - Orlenda meant eagle, not owl. The name had stuck and so had Orlenda - Katerina had had the regal-looking owl for 10 years.
Up, up, up the wretched stairs! "That's the main thing I prefer about Durmstrang," Katerina muttered to Orlenda, "less stairs. Could you imagine if we had been sent to Beauxbatons? Apparently it is larger than Hogwarts. I suppose it's alright for you...you can fly." She shook her head and opened the door to the Owlery. "Lenda, you go get settled. I'll come and get you when I need you." Orlenda hooted in response, and perched in the Owlery. Katerina turned and sat down outside the door, quill, ink and parchment at the ready, and wrote.
First, she decided to write to her younger brother, Sergei - a second year at Durmstrang.
Dear Sergei,
How are you? How is Durmstrang treating you?
Seryozha, you would not believe this school. It is extremely beautiful. Not like the French countryside, of course, but it is warm and inviting. They have a garden filled with beautiful flowers! The warmth means that my uniform is far too hot, though.
The castle is much bigger than Durmstrang. This means more walking - I just climbed so many stairs to take Lenda to the the owlery, it was quite tiring. I suppose I shall need to do more work on my fitness. Especially if I am selected as Champion for Durmstrang - pray for me, Seryozha!
We arrived by boat, and we are currently staying on said boat in the Hogwarts lake. It is quite pretty, and the boat is even more comfortable than Durmstrang. It is odd.
But that is enough of my rambling. I miss you. Tell me about everything that is happening for you!
Love, Katerina

She considered writing a letter to her parents, but she couldn't think of what to say. So she wandered back in to the Owlery, and attached the letter to Orlenda. Giving the old owl a treat, she released her and watched her fly off towards Russia - a very long way away from New Zealand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back