Letters Home

Ana-Cole Shorts

Wand
Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring
Ana-Cole went up to the owlery quite determined to write a letter home and get everything worked out. She had been fighting a lot with her family due to the fact that her family had been fighting a lot with each other. Ana-Cole feared that her family would soon be split apart and by no means did she want that. Ana-Cole did not have an owl so she was hoping that she could use one of the schools. Ana-Cole looked up at all the owls "There are so many of them" She said to herself wondering which one to pick. Then all of a sudden one flew down to greet her. "Hello" She said to the owl as she petted it's head. I wonder if owls like to be pet she wondered as she continued to pet the owls head who began to friendly woot.I guess so She thought with a little laugh. "ok I will just be a bit let me write the letter" She said to the owl wondering if the owl truly understood what she meant. Ana-Cole got out a piece of parchment and a quill and began to write.
Dear Mom, Dad,Emma, Justin, and Connor
        How are you all? I am doing fine at school. I mean I am a bit busy and all with all the work but I am managing. I am a little worried though about the state of the family. I have not spoken to any of you since the last time I talked to mom and that was a very distressing conversation to be honest. I hope that everything has been working out. I feel out of the loop and would really like to know what has been going on. Please write back the next time you have a chance and let me know how things are unfolding.
                                                                                      Lots of Love, 
                                                                                            Ana-Cole
Ana-Cole read over her letter. She did not say bluntly what she wanted to say but the message was in there somewhere. she hoped that her family would write back soon. she really needed to know what was going on back home. Ana-Cole rolled up the letter and handed it to the owl that had actually waited right next to her the entire time that she had written the letter. "Take this to my family would you?" She asked the owl and gave it one last pat. Off the owl went as Ana-Cole watched the letter go home she felt a sinking feeling in her stomach dreading for the slightest moment what the reply letter would say.

Ana-Cole waited at the owlery hoping that her family would send the letter as soon as possible back. Ana-Cole was just about to leave when that wonderfully sweet owl made it's way back to her with a letter tied to its leg. Ana-Cole smiled a huge smile and then the smile faded as she saw the writing on the note. It was her sister Emma's writing. Ana-Cole petted the hour and said a grateful "Thanks" as she untied the letter. She unrolled it and read it.
Dear Ana-Cole,
    I am glad to hear from you. I am glad that you are well. I understand the busy part though it was hard enough for me to handle but you seem to be sticking to your stuff. I kind of wish I could be there now. Home is well hectic. Mom and Dad are always fighting. I can barely stand it anymore. Mom is sending you a letter and probably dad too. Mom was going to just send you one then dad said that he should and a fight broke out again. Mom started crying and dad rushed into his room in anger. So in a bit the letters should be arriving. I was hoping that my letter came to you first. I was giving you the heads up. I wish you the best. I know that whatever happens we can get through this.
                                                                                  Your One and Only Sister,
                                                                                          Emma <3

Ana-Cole read over the letter a couple times. She hated to see that Emma had to put through this whole thing. Ana-Cole was going to write back but decided that she would wait until she recieved the letter from her parents. "I should be getting another letter soon from my parents or maybe two letters" Ana-Cole said to the owl. The owl seemed to be able to understand her because the owl flew out of the owlery and seemed to go in search for the other letter. Ana-Cole read over the one part of the letter over and over Mom and dad are always fighting Ana-Cole hated to admit it but maybe their relationship was going to be over. "let's think positive maybe Emma is blowing things way out of the water" Ana-Cole said to herself trying to comfort herself "But Emma rarely does" She said sadly. Ana-Cole sat down and just waited for the other letters to come somehow still praying for good news.

Ana-Cole felt like she stayed in the owlery for days but it really wasn't that long. She kept glancing up hoping to see the owl whose name she found out was Seana come with a letter tied to her leg. Ana-Cole waited and waited. She must have fallen asleep because she was woken up by Seana wooting quite loudly in her ear. Ana-Cole jumped at the sound but quickly regained composure when she saw that Seana had a letter tied onto her leg. "Thanks girl your the best" Ana-Cole said petting Seana and taking the letter. She slowly opened the letter hoping for the best but expecting the worse.
Dear Ana-Cole
        I am glad to hear that you are making out wonderfully. I know our last conversation did not go as well as I planned. I hope that I did not upset you too much. Well I don't know exactly how to say this but your father and I are not working out. I know that you don't want to hear this. I really don't want to say it but I think that it would be in everyone's best interest to do this. I hope you will handle this in a mature manner and not let your school work fall due to this. I love you no matter what and can't wait to see you again.
                                                                                      Your Wonderful Mother
Ana-Cole reread this letter in hope to find a context clue "Do What?" she said in a rather loud voice hoping that the letter would somehow tell her the answer. "What would be in the best interest? What are you doing? What do you mean you and dad are not working out? I need answers" Ana-Cole said her voice raising a bit as each question popped out. she really wanted to know. She had to know. Why couldn't her mother be more specific. She kept repeating the questions in hope that the letter would answer them but obviously the letter remained silent and blank. The silence overcame Ana-Cole and all she could so was sit down a tear slowly falling down her face followed by another and another. "Do what?" she kept repeating like a mad women. She still had the letter in her hand and just wanted her father's letter to arrive. "Maybe this is all a joke. Hahaha really funny please let it all be a joke " she said crying trying to force a useless smile, but couldn't. Ana-Cole had never broken down like this she just didn't want anyone to see her like this but she couldn't stop. She needed to hear what was really happening more specific from her father.

Ana-Cole wanted her father's letter to come now. She was over the part of being sad and was into a phase of anger. Why couldn't her mother just come out and say it? Why did she have to beat around the bush? Ana-Cole stood up and was so very close to just ripping her mother's letter when she noticed something on the floor. It was another letter. Ana-Cole walked over and picked it up. It was addressed to her. It was her father's letter. she must not have even noticed that Seana the owl had brought two letters at the same time. Ana-Cole opened the letter. Her hands were shaking so badly it was hard to read. Her father's letter was much shorter.
Ana-Cole
        Your mother and I are getting a divorce. I'm sorry we couldn't work things out. I love you so much.
                                                                                                        Dad
Ana-Cole only had to read this letter once. She understood it. It was clear as day. It was true. Her parents were getting a divorce. She would no longer be able to go home and see her mom and dad she would have to visit each parent separately. There would be no more holiday family dinners like before. there would be no more family outtings to the park or mall. Everything was about to change. She had heard all her friends talk about their own parents being divorce You get twice the presents on holidays; you can two rooms; you get twice the clothes; you get more spoiled; it really isn't that bad. Ana-Cole remembered all this quite clearly now. She would at that moment trade all the clothes, extra presents, and the ability to have two rooms all for her parents to stay together. She wanted to know why this was happening. Was it her fault. Of coarse it is my fault it is always my fault. Ana-Cole did not cry. she couldn't. No tears would come to her eyes, she had no tears left. she just stood there not knowing what to do. Not wanting to write back write away. Not wanting to wait to write back. Not wanting to see anyone yet not wanting to be alone. She didn't know what to do. Nothing made sense and her world seemed to be falling apart around her.

After quite a bit of time Ana-Cole thought of what she had to do. She was going to write back home. She had to. But what was she going to write. What can I say? she thought Ana-Cole got out yet another piece of parchment and quill and began to write a letter.
Dear Mom, Dad, and Family
    I am coming to the reality of what is happening and I will handle it in a mature manner. I just have one question. What did I do to cause this?

Your Sorry Daughter
                                                                                            Ana-Cole
Ana-Cole knew the letter was short but she didn't care. She called Seana back down and gave her the letter "Thanks girl you are so very helpful. Same place" She said to the owl tieing the letter to her leg and giving her a grateful pat on the head. Ana-Cole watched as the owl fly up and away.

Ana-Cole sat and sat waiting for a reply. She hoped that her parents were bluntly tell her what she had done to cause their divorce. She needed to know what she did wrong then maybe she could fix it. Ana-Cole finally looked up for about the twentyth time to find Seana come down with a reply to her letter. She petted the owl who seemed to be getting a bit tired. Ana-Cole untied the letter and the owl flew away and out of the owlery again. Ana-Cole wondered if the owl wanted to get away from her too. Ana-Cole opened the letter and read it
Dear Ana-Cole
  Nothing you did caused this. This isn't your fault. This has nothing to do with you. I can't believe that you would blame yourself. This is caused by matters between your father and I not you. I hope you understand. You did nothing to cause this and you can do nothing to fix it. Remember everything happens for a reason. this will only make all of us stronger and happy. I love you and hope that you can understand these matters.
                                                                                                Your Mother
Ana-Cole read the letter. How can this not be my fault? She asked herself "Things like this are always my fault. Everything is always my fault" She said to herself having only the owls to hear her. Ana-Cole sat back down wondering if her mother just told her it wasn't her fault to make her feel better "She is probably lieing to make me feel better" Ana-Cole said to herself.

Ana-Cole hadn't been up to the owlery since the last letter she had recieved from her mother. She decided that she would go up to the owlery and maybe get the courage and words to send another letter back home. Ana-Cole made her way and sat down deciding what to write. All of a sudden Seana, Ana-Cole's favorite owl in the owlery, came down to what Ana-Cole thought was to visit. Ana-Cole was quite taken back when Seana had a note attached to her leg addressed to Ana-Cole herself. Ana-Cole petted the owl not really wanting to read the note. The owl hooted happily but after what seemed like ages Ana-Cole decided that she needed to read the letter.
Ana-Cole
  Life is chaos as usaully here at home. I am actually getting used to it but that is not why I write to you. I have decided to come back to Hogwarts New Zealand once again. I am so excited to come back and this time try my hardest to stay in and keep up with all the work. I am hoping that soon I will be arriving and maybe we can meet up. It seems like forever since we saw eachother. Can't wait to see you.
                                                                                                Emma
Ana-Cole grinned probably the biggest smile she had in day. "Emma's coming back" she said outloud to Seana who Ana-Cole decided could understand her or at least acted like she could. Seana wooted with excitment(at least that was Ana-Cole's opinion) "I can't believe it" She said gladly. Ana-Cole put the letter away and began to write another one to Emma.
Emma
  This is such a good surprise. This is absolutely wonderful. I can't wait to see you. I have missed you something terrible. Now we have to get together when you arrive. Do you know when you are coming?
                                                                                                Ana-Cole
Ana-Cole tied up the letter and attached it to Seana's leg. "You know where to go girl" she said giving the owl one last pat on the head before it took off. Ana-Cole sat down and waited for a reply. "Might as well do some homework" she said to herself getting some school books out so she did not fall behind.

Before Ana-Cole could even finish up her Charms, Seana came back with a letter once again attached to her leg. Ana-Cole untied the letter "Thank you You are a huge help I wish I had a treat to give you" She said petting the owl for a bit. She really enjoyed this owls company. Remembering the letter, Ana-Cole opened it up.
Ana-Cole
  Actually I don't know when exactly I am coming. I hope as soon as possible. I can't wait to get there well to see you but also I just want to go back. I miss it and I didn't think that I would miss it so much. It is so unbelievable I thought that I was gone for sure but I am coming back. I don't think that it is even setting in for me yet. So how have you been? Meet any good friends
                                                                                          Emma
Ana-Cole read over the letter and was so glad that she was actually going to see Emma and not just write to her plus it was a wonderful thing to get her out of that hectic falling apart household that Ana-Cole once considered a family. Ana-Cole got out a piece of parchment and wrote back to Emma write away.
Emma,
      Just tell me when you are about to arrive. We really need to get together. I can understand. Once you come to this school I can't imagine leaving ever again. People are so nice here too. I met a few good friends and I even met some of the new arrivals. They are all really nice. Did you know that Caina got accepted here too? I think she has already arrived but I am not sure. I also met a guy named Connor who is so nice and cute :p.
                                                                                      Ana-Cole
Ana-Cole tied the letter to Seana's leg. "You really are getting a work out" She said petting the owl affectionately. Ana-Cole watched as her letter difted away as the owl flew. she sat back down to think about what she had written to Emma. Caina was her cousin who was always competing with her and Ana-Cole was just happy that she was a year older and prayed that they did not end up in the same house. Then Connor popped into her mind. Connor was so nice but she didn't know how he felt about her exactly. Ana-Cole went into her own little world waiting for Seana to return with the letter from Emma.

Soon Seana arrived back with a letter tied to her leg. "Thanks girl" Ana-Cole said before taking the letter from Seana. Seana stayed perched next to Ana-Cole as she read the letter.
Ana- Cole
  Ohhhhh :p You should have told me sooner about what was his name Connor. That is so cool. What do you know about him? I'm happy for you. Oh and I did not know that Caina got accepted to. Well now I will have to put up with her too. :p No I look forward to seeing her again too. It has seemed liked ages since the last time we saw her.
                                                                                              Emma
Ana-Cole read the letter and had to smile. Ana-Cole got out a small piece of parchment and sent a short letter back
Emma
      Connor's great. I will tell you more about him when I see you here. I have to go lots of work to do. See you in a bit.
                                                                                                        Ana-Cole
Ana-Cole tied the letter to Seana's leg. "Last one girl" she said kindly and Seana was off. Ana-Cole left the owlery and went down to the common room to do some work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back