Estrella Drage

Obliviator for MACUSA | HNZ 1st Graduating Class

OOC First Name
Amanda
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Widow
((As grandfather cannot start a topic in the owlery, I have started it for him.))

((just to clarify, these letters are pre-holiday.))

It had taken Valcan a lot of choosing and picking, but he finally decided that he could give away one of Larkana's possessions to Sophia as a present for the Holidays. It was a bit difficult for him to do, as giving away more of his dead sister seemed like he was rid of her memory even more and more, but he concluded that it was for the best. Hopefully, Sophia would like it.

A dark raven carried the box to the owlery at Hogwarts New Zealand, the gift wrapped in a secure padding. Accompanied with a letter, the raven waited for its recipient dutifully, at least, for this night. If not, it would try to search her out. On the sealed envelope the name Sophia Stark was enscribed in gold ink, in a rather tidy scrawl. The contents of the letter were brief but also held meaning.

Sophia,

I am aware that our relationship is not a close one and I hope that this is not recieved as a gesture of sucking up, as you might say, but I figured that a gift for the Holidays would be appropriate to send to you.  It might delight you to know that the gift in question was Larkana's and she wore it quite often.  It was one of her favorite sets of jewelery.

I have enclosed a picture of my sister wearing the set at the age of seventeen.

Hope you like it, and Happy Holidays.

Valcan

What's in the Box

Larkana's Photo

Sophia had walked to the Owlery with some owl treats in her messenger bag for Regina. Upon entering the Owlery she held out her arm and whistled for Regina, who obediently flew down and perched upon her right arm. Sophia got out some treats and fed them to Regina, who took them and flew back to her perch on a window.

Looking down Sophia noticed a raven perched on another window with a package and a letter. Who could this be for? she thought, not used to seeing ravens in the Owlery. She was extremely surprised when she walked up and saw that the letter had her name on it in golden ink. Sophia picked up the letter and scanned it with her golden eyes, her expression stony.

Sophia stared at the letter in disbelief for a few moments before turning to look at the package. Was this a trick? Was Valcan trying to buy her trust? What good would jewelry do her anyhow? Folding the letter and sticking it in her messenger bag Sophia picked up the package and inspected it for a minute. It seemed all right. Should I open it here?

Deciding it could not hurt to peak since she was alone Sophia gently ripped open the package to reveal the necklace and earrings. Her mouth fell open as she stared at them, they were absolutely beautiful. Beneath them was the picture of Larkana. She was not wearing the smile she had worn at the Herrogard, but she still looked just as beautiful. Sophia could not see why Valcan had said Sophia looked like her, aside from the hair of course.

Folding the package up so that no one could see its contents Sophia gave the raven one of her owl treats and made her way back to her dorm. Her mind was absolutely swimming with thoughts, all of them very confusing.

The raven returned to Valcan without any reply from Sophia, but he could have expected as much. This time, having decided to give the raven a break for awhile, he sent only a letter to Estrella, sipping at his morning tea and watching as the raven disappeared through the window. He decided that it wouldn't hurt to owl her; he had a feeling that she would be more responsive than Sophia.
Estrella,

How have classes been going for you?  It's always nice to hear.

I was also curious as your guardian as to where you were staying over the Holidays.  You of course can stay wherever within reason.

Bestefar

Estrella's expression was drawn and uninterested as she strolled up to the owlery, pretty sure that there wouldn't be any letters for her, but she had all the time in the world to check. She was more than a bit surprised that she recognized the raven sitting in the window, recognizing the Drage crest on the letter instantly. Knowing instantly that it was for her, she took it from the formidable bird, who lingered about, obviously expecting a reply. She tore the letter open, frowning at its contents.

What was she going to say to Valcan? She was not at ease with lying to him, but it was inevitable. She hardened her composure as she pulled out a quill and ink to write a quick response, feeling all the time that she was betraying Valcan's trust, and that he was somehow going to find out about this. He had been incredibly civil to her, taking her in and all. She knew that her meeting with her father would not sit well with him.

Sighing, she scrawled down a hasty reply, sending it off with the raven.

Bestefar,

Classes are going fine.  I'm caught up with everything, and it seems to be going well.

I'm just planning on staying at the school for the Holidays.  A few of my friends are staying too.  I figure it wouldn't hurt to spend the Holidays here for once.

Estrella

Valcan was surprised at the speed with which the bird returned, tearing open the letter delicately with an carefully painted letter opener. He scanned its contents quickly, and satisfied with Estrella's answer he chucked it into the garbage, feeling no need to reply. He didn't think she would lie to him about it, after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back