Letters from Someone Special♥

Kasey Blake

OOC First Name
Nishma
Wand
Holly Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Kasey was feeling a bit low on one Saturday morning. She had her breakfast, being the last one to eat and thus was alone without any company. She didn't have any special plans for the day. All her homework was done, as usual and there was no Qudditch practice. The big game against Gryffindor was on monday and Kasey's nerves were kicking in again making her feel nervous. She decided it was best to write to Benjamin.

She missed him and was dying to know how his last days at Dumstrang were going. They were of course going to plan something special, a special gift for Roswalld and Lila, a wedding gift for them. Since they wouldn't be seeing each other except during the wedding holiday, she thought they would discuss it at the moment by staying in touch. Thus she wrote.

Dear Ben,

How are you? How's everything at Dumstrang? I am good and so are my studies. We have our second game of the season against Gryffindor on Monday and as usual I am nervous. We have practiced a lot this time so the ball must be in our court yet I am not a brave one as mom. How are all your girlfriends and who is the current one?

I wrote this mainly because I wanted to ask if you had come up with an ideal gift for Roswalld and mom. I am willing to pay half the ammount of it from my savings so don't fret! :p I was thinking about a nice dinner for them somewhere romantic or maybe a package for weekends by the beach? I know of course your ideas will be better since you hangout with your female friends so much and according to you I have complete no sense of guy choice. But sorry big brother, I just made a new friend who thinks that anyone could like me and I would be the perfect girlfriend. Too bad for you!Reply soon.

Love you,
Kasey

Jake took a deep breath, in his hand was the letter he had written to Kasey. He had spent a while on it and there were numerous copies of it that had gone wrong back in his dorm. He took another breath as he attatched the letter to the owl and let go. Jake watched it fly off into the sky and wondered how long it would be till Kasey would be reading his letter.
Kasey,

Hi. Well, you said I could owl you so that is what I'm doing. How have you been since Brightstone? Anything interesting happened?
Sorry this letter isn't very interesting, I'm not used to writing to people like you. I tend to write to my sister, that's about it really.

Sorry for the lame letter, hope you reply.
Jay

It was two days since Kasey had owled Benjamin but dude, the guy had not bothered to reply yet. What kind of brother have I got? she thought miserably as she fiddled with a curly strand of hair that had made its way to her face. It was Tuesday and she was done with her Care Of Magical Creatures homework, an essay on Merepeople. She had Qudditch practice that evening so luckily it would keep her occupied for a while and then maybe she would meet up with Ashley and chat.

As Kasey made her way to her dormitory after having a light lunch she saw an owl waiting for her in her room. Excited thinking it was from Benjamin she quickly opened the letter. Discovering that it was not from her brother but from her new friend Jake, she smiled happily. She read and re-read the letter, it was short but the thought that he had remembered to write to her made her feel happy. She quickly took a quill and a bottle of ink and started writing back.

Dear Jake,

Hey. Just got your owl and am replying right back. I am fine. New? Well, I like playing Qudditch and play chaser for Ravenclaw so the next game against Hufflepuff is coming up and we are practicing hard for it. We had won the championship trophy last year, hope it goes the same this year as well. We also started apparation lessons which is very bad thing since I am hopeless at it. I mean I can't even apparate a tile? Do you think it would be possible if I lost some weight? I guess I will stop having meals from today. One girl from Slytherin said I couldn't apparate because of that! But I don't know, girls who are fatter then me are doing good :ummmm:

I made a new friend, Ashley. We have become very close these days. She is in my year and its good. I would like to meet your sister and so probably this weekend I will be searching for her. Other than that there is nothing much. The Valentine dance is coming soon and as usual I don't have a partner. I think Jasper is going to ask me to go with him like in the yule ball. But maybe he wont...

Anyway, I can understand that you might not be too much into writing so you couldn't write a long letter but hopefully a reply to this would be a good one. And yeah, it was short and nice and not lame so no worries.

What about you? What are you doing there in Dumstrang? How cold is the winter, I wish you could owl me some snow! Do you play Qudditch? How are your sister's friends? What about your lessons? Do you do apparation? Just the normal and you'll have yourself a good letter :)

Why wouldn't I reply?
Kasey

Jake grinned as he saw his owl return to him, Kasey had replied. He excused himself from his friends and went to reply immediately. The boy smiled as he read through the writing, grinning widely at her last comment. He grabbed his ink and parchment and began to scribble his answers, lacing his letter with compliments as he went.
Kase,

Wow, Quidditch time. I love Quidditch, can't play but love to watch. I'm rooting for Ravenclaw but don't tell Cece, she'll murder me for saying that. She is assuming I'm going for Gryffindor all the way, that's her house in case you didn't guess. Why would weigh affect apparation, yours especially. There's barely anything to you, I'd say eat more instead of less. There is no way you can be considered fat.

Well, I suppose you could meet Cece, she's scouting for you anyway. She likes to approve of the girls I like before hand, or at least meet them so she knows what i'm getting myself into as she says. I have to warn you though, she does think that I am like her, prankster and player and all that. I pretend to make her happy, she is my sister and I can't bare to see her sad.

How on earth have you not been asked to the Valentine dance, if you came here you would be snatched up within a minute of finding out about it. I don't get the boys of your school, Are they blind or something?

Me? Well, It's been an exciting time since I saw you. A girl called Moko got dared to get me to snog her. Once I found out the stakes I went along with it, if she lost she'd have to tidy two girls dorms and do their homework aswell as her own. Then I met the sister of a guy that hates me and she started coming on to me. It didn't help that, when she kissed me, her brother arrived and resorted to pushing her to get her to stop. He really doesn't know how to treat a lady.

I think if I owl'd you snow it would melt by the time it reached you. It is surrounding us though, freezing down here. The boys, Cece's mates, have started the annual game of who can go out in the snow with the least clothes for the longest. It's quite funny actually. They're cool, two new guys have arrived and, as they have decided I'm one of them, I have been chosen to show them the ropes of how the guys do things.

My lessons are alright, nothing brilliant but then again, when are lessons amazing? Apart from charms of course. Charms is awesome. We haven't done Apparation yet, can't wait for it though. I suppose they have to wait for better weather in case someone over shoots and has an accident. Something like that.

Yours hoping this letter was better,
Jake.

Kasey was in middle of her Astronomy lesson that was taking place at night as they were looking at stars and such. This was when an immensely large owl or it looked so as it came flying from the sky and landed hastily beside Kasey.Too happy by finishing its delivery it danced around her. Tucking the letter quickly in her pocket as a few curious looking faces turned to her.

The owl flew away and Kasey used her own owl to write back to Jay. She smiled as she read his letter, he had put down many things and she was happy that he was writing. Around midnight she wrote back a reply not wanting to do it next morning.

Jake,

Wow that was fast reply. Thanks for supporting Ravenclaw. Promise won't tell your sister. I met her two days ago. She's a nice girl, a bit matured for her age. Well she did tell me about how pranky you get at times. I know that you love her, its same for all sibling people.

I mean I have been asked by two guys whom I think I never saw before but I said no in hope that Jasper would ask me. I would rather go with him than a stranger. Jasper and I are good friends and he does not have anyone else to hangout with since he just transfered to school this year. Whats this you're saying? Do Dumstrang girls have any other business apart from snogging guys?Two girls thats way too much! Anyway which one are you going to choose from them?

'girls I like'. Whats that supposed to mean? Cecily could meet the two girls who snogged you. Why does she have to meet me? I mean we barely talked for an hour or so? I don't get it. Anyway, the next Brighstone trips is just around the corner and I am excited to go with my friend Ashley to have some girl time for myself.

Wow you like Charms! Thats interesting to know. My favorite subjects are DADA and potions. By the way, what exactly do you learn about Dark Arts in Dumstrang? And yes, this letter was definately better. Good to know you have improved! :p

Kasey

Jake looked up as a strange owl landed near him. He had been worried Kasey wouldn't reply when his owl returned letter less but he grinned when he recognised the handwriting on the letter attached to the strange owl. "Hmm, you must be Kasey's owl then." He spoke to the owl as he gave it a treat. He immediately began to reply, deciding it couldn't hurt to miss his lesson.
Kase,

Now, when you say Cece told you how pranky I get, how much do you mean. She has a habit of telling people I am a major pranker. I admit, I do like a little fun but I'm not over the top with it.

You know, that sort of sounds like you're more than good friends. What school did he come from? If it's Durmstrang I might know him. So, has he asked you yet or do you think he'll ask someone else? I think they do, they tend to gossip quite a bit aswell. Which one? Definitely Luna, Moko is cool but she's not interested in me like that and I'm not liking her like that either, plus, Luna is doing it to annoy someone who hates me. I really don't mind.

Cece likes to look out for me as much as I do for her. If I make friends with a girl she makes sure they're cool first, it doesn't matter as much with guys because I can handle them. What did you think I meant? Hey, maybe I'll see you in town then, I'm going to be in to see Cece and her mates will be there too.

I'm not the best a potions, could never get the hang of anything to do with cooking. DADA I'm alright with. What do you mean what do I learn? The usual stuff, how to do the spells, how to defend from the spells and what spells are illegal. Why, what do you learn?

Jake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back