Letter to Iana

A

Anonymous

Fallakin entered the Owlery and looked around, looking for a biggest and healthiest bird that would be up for the longest trip. He looked up at an owl he noted as being called Gracious Wings. "What say you Gracious Wings, think you're up for a long trip?" The owl cocked its head and hooted at him. "Alright, this letter is to be delivered to Iana Gaunt Delaroche in Southern France" he instructed the owl, nodding. He attached the letter to the owl and the owl took off.
Dearest Iana,

I write you to tell you how well our son is doing in his classes.  I have assurances from the other professors that he is a hard worker and very intelligent, Professor Manteia even mentioned to me that Faciln may have some skills in Legilimency.  A fine fit for Slytherin House afterall being all of intelligent, loyal and very cunning.

Aside from how well our son is doing I continue to want to tell you how sorry I am for leaving the two of you almost 12 years ago.  I cannot describe how much love I still have for you in my heart, my soul.  My thoughts never lingered from you, in fact those very thoughts are what made me work so much harder everyday to try and make time at the end of the day to write you.  My plan never worked out, and the one time it did I saw the owl take off only to be snatched up by a dragon and become a light snack.

My heart aches everyday seeing our son so happy here at school, but knowing that I didn't get to witness his earlier years first hand.  I'd give everything to take back everything I did in the past now to be with you while he was growing up. I missed you so much...

Love,

Fallakin

Fallakin came bursting into the tower, looking around for a suitable owl to make another trip to Southern France. He doubted Gracious Wings was up to the task, so he consulted the list finally just announcing what he needed. "I need an owl capable of making it to Southern France with gusto" he announced, all the owls now looking at him. One owl hooted, several turned back around and went back to sleep. Gracious Wings was the only one to speak up, and flew to his shoulder.

"I wouldn't ask this of you again, friend" Fallakin said. Gracious Wings reply was simply a peck at Fallakin's ear. "Alright, alright. If you insist" Fallakin concurred. "She must've treated you pretty good up there" he chuckled as he bound the letter to the owl's leg. "Take care, and don't push yourself too hard!" Fallakin yelled out as the bird took off on another trip to Iana.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back