Let's see how it goes

Sybil Jin Howard

Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sybil and her mother came to the Bleak street for her mom's meeting in the Poison Atter. Not being interested in joining her mom and for the fact that the pub doesn't allow children to come, Sybil decided to take a seat on the bench. A fellow Scitorari of her mom came toward the young girl and sat next beside her. Sybil was definitely wasn't in the mood for any accompany, not even from this woman. She whispered to her ear and handed her some herbs that she had always wanted. Sybil looked at it with no emotion and coldly looked at the older woman. She nodded her head, signaling her that she was great full of the gift and the woman left for the Poison Atter. It seemed like her mother wont be in a meeting about her business seeing how many familiar Scitoraris passed her. Sybil ignored some stares from familiar faces and opened her little gift. She touched the leaves and placed it back into the bag and quickly put it deep in her pocket.

The only reason Calvin Taylor found himself in Bleak Street was for the fact that it was the one place he felt comfortable in being without getting stared at by others. Not that he cared about the staring, after all the boy knew he was so much better than them, he did want to feel at home and a lot of the time it was on this street. Calvin watched from afar, leaning against a wall as a woman and a child were not so subtly handing over potion stuff to another older woman. He stared at them, his eyes unblinking as he cocked his head to one side. Bleak Street was always full of interesting people. When the business was done, the eleven year old continued to watch the girl around his age and who looked like her mother for a while. He frankly did not give a damn if they found it uncomfortable. Wasn't his problem and he didn't have anything better to do right now.
<i></i>

Sybil looked to the side and spotted no one but Calvin Taylor, that little rebel b@stard who had surprisingly got along with Sybil. Sybil hadn't got any friend beside her family, not even everyone. Getting along with someone who wasn't a Howard would be something new to Sybil. She had always been the devil child of the family. Although Juno would probably second that position or even rip it away from her if she continued growing up like the way she is being taught. The brown eyed girl glared at the boy coldly "Have you got nothing else to look at, Taylor?" she finally spoke up, giving him the same glare. Her cold aura spread across the street as the girl finally was reunited with her fellow so called acquaintance, or even much worth to be called a friend. Calvin and Sybil were like playing a staring game, the thing is... They weren't playing any game. It was just their nature to irritate those who they wanted with or without intention.

The more he watched the girl, the more he recognised Sybil Jin Howard's face. He smirked when he saw her and decided to go sit down next to her. He was bored out of his mind just standing there. "No, on other days I would have better things to look at than your presence but nothing in particular today." His tone was monotonous and his expression unreadable as he spoke to her. Calvin was never the easiest person to get along with and he was surprised at how simple it was when he talked to the girl sitting right next to him. "Anything interesting today?" He asked her, not really thinking or caring about how vague he sounded. He meant to ask Sybil if she did or saw anything extraordinary in Bleak Street that morning.​

That one person who much worth to be called a friend of Sybil's came toward her and sat as he stated a classic statement of his. None of them would even think about showing each others affection or feelings. They were very much fond of each other but it would only be revealed through their possessiveness. "You remember Augustus and Lycus? They irritated me by knocking off my wooden non magical wand that I use to train with mama. Long story short we got into a fight and I broke my ankle again, papa fixed it without using his painful spell. That's interesting. Seeing how he didn't punish me is interesting and fishy" of course there were many interesting things that happened on the day. Life is like a roaring wave when you are a Jin Howard, nothing is certain. But it had become too common that it wouldn't be considered as interesting. "I'll kill your mama and papa right after I get off school. I'll set them on fire and will heal them and throw fire at them again for three times and let's see how much more inquisition methods that a wizard can do." the girl said not even looking at Calvin. Her fist started to shake as she started to dig her nails into her palm making it bleed.

Aubrielle had no idea how she got into the Bleak Street, she must've made a wrong turn somewhere. Her mother was waiting for her in a cafe near by but she was lost, she didn't know where to go. With piles of box in her hand, the blue eyed girl looked around with fears in her eyes. There were so many people in black cloak, unfriendly, cold people. She dared herself to ask one of the strangers and she ended up being ignored. The young girl asked another one who finally was kind enough to show her the exit of the Bleak Street. The eleven years old rushed toward the direction and stumbled on a rock, dropping all her belongings to the ground. She gathered her things that were scattered around and looked to the side, spotting no one but Calvin and Sybil. Those two monstrous, cruel people that she had ever known. Her heart pounded faster as she gathered her things as quick as she could.

Calvin rolled his eyes at her words, her brothers weren't scared of her at least but they needed to respect their sister. She seemed more powerful than those two by the sounds of it. For some reason he couldn't explain he felt like he owned his friend. "How childish are they, seriously. As for your dad why would he punish you instead of Augustus and Lycus? You're the one who broke your ankle not them," he smirked at how cruel those boys were. "They're not my parents," he said sharply, glaring at Sybil. He didn't have parents, he didn't have brothers and he most definitely didn't have any sisters. He knew he was in denial, but Calvin's family were traitors in his eyes. Every single one of them. "It would be my pleasure if you do so," he rolled his eyes again. "Your palm is bleeding Sybil," his tone the same as usual. There was no trace of sympathy in his voice. He didn't know how to be sympathetic towards others. When another girl arrived - Aubrielle Grimm - Calvin straightened. "Oh look who we have here." Without another word the boy stood up and walked to Aubrielle. "Are you lost, child?" He roughly grabbed her by the collar of her shirt and forced her to stand up. "We're gonna have a lot of fun aren't we," he whispered in the girl's ear before pushing her in Sybil's direction. She knew what to do.

Devlin Howard had always have his own way to punish his kids, it wouldn't be because all the violence that they've been exercising but it would be out of annoyance. "He will punish everyone for disturbing his peaceful moment. True that mama and papa too do such things but they make the rule. Sybil didn't mind getting herself punish, after all life would be cruel so why not get herself trained? "I don't give a d@mn of my palm" she finally realized that she was bleeding. Then a girl, that little fragile Aubrielle Grimm fell in front of Calvin and Sybil. How unlucky of her having to encounter these twisted combination. Sybil eyed Calvin coldly as he took the girl by the collar and threw her toward Sybil's direction. She wasn't interested in the girl and wasn't in the mood for any type of tortures but a little bit of fun should be harmless. "Well hello Aubrielle" Sybil placed her finger on her chin, lifting it up so that she was looking at Sybil in the arm. She then caressed Aubrielle's face harshly, wiping all her blood on her cheek. "When will you start learning to stop appearing unless I order you to?" she said flatly and locked her eyes on the girl's blue eyes. "Make her pay, Calvin" she dropped the girl's face and stood up, looking at Calvin without any glimpse of emotion but anger.

Aubrielle suddenly felt her collar being picked up by Calvin, his words sounded like devil's voice and it scared her so much that the girl started to drop a tear or two. She couldn't say anything, she was too scared of the situation. "Please, please don't hurt me" she pleaded before being thrown toward Sybil's direction. She started to sob and Sybil lifted her face up, the girl dared not to see Sybil by the eyes. "I wasn't following you, I was with my mom shopping and ended up in this street. Please, I'll just leave and leave you two alone" she started crying as her body started to tremble. She had encountered Calvin when it was just the two of them, and Sybil when they were on their own. And Aubrielle knew how terrible these personnel could do, and now she had to meet both of them at the same time. She felt the blood being wiped on her face and it scared her even more. When Sybil gave Calvin the authority to finish her, Aubrielle got up on her feet and attempted to escape. "HELP!!" she screamed. Some people started looking at their direction and she hope for the adults to protect their wands.

His day turned from boring to entertaining in a matter of minutes. Sighing at Grimm's attitude, which will get her nowhere in life, he continued. "Whining, crying out for help, pleading...none of those things will get you anywhere in life. So stop doing it," he demanded, once again grabbing her by her arm this time and pulling her close to him. "And, like that's going to happen." He smirked, laughing maliciously before pushing her hard to the floor. She was just a crybaby. Calvin knew it would make her cry further and in his twisted mind he really needed to teach her a lesson or two. Otherwise how else would Aubrielle be stronger as a person? "You really need to learn to handle situations better," he told her annoyed as he moved to damage the girl's self-esteem further. "You should be thanking us instead."​

</COLOR>
<COLOR color="black">Hakon Butterfield was on the darker part of the city that day, for some business that needed to be handled. He turned a corner, continuing on the alley and subtly patted his pocket to make sure his wand was there. He had yet to meet his biological family and he couldn't help but be a little excited. He smiled to himself. Soon, he'd get to meet his cousins who apparently were at Hogwarts here in New Zealand. As he was about to turn another corner, Hakon noticed something absurd going on. He took a split second to decide whether he should help or move on, it wasn't any of his business but when he looked closer he realised they were children. Rolling his eyes, the twenty one year old went to the scene and, hand ready on his pocket if he needed to use his wand, he made his presence known. "​
Unless you want me to use my wand on you you better leave the girl alone. How old are you, five?" His piercing gaze was on the boy in particular, though he sent a sharp glare the girl's way as well. They were bullies, Hakon knew. There were always children like them everywhere and he'd never tolerate such treatment, especially on people younger than ten or eleven, however old they were.
<i>
</i>

Some of the Scitorari ladies were planning on holding a meeting in the Poison Atter, apparently Annabelle and Chyou were both in it. She knew that Chyou wouldn't want to come with Anna hence she apparated to the Bleak Street on her own. She uncovered her cloak off her head and kept her head held high as she walked toward the Poison Atter. Before she got the chance to enter the pub, she heard a girl calling for help. She knew who that golden haired girl was, she was indeed Maybelle's kid. Anna watched her from afar and founded Calvin and Sybil to be quite amusing, she was a proud aunt and a friend. But seeing how things could get too messy, Anna quickly took over the situation before a young man decided to hurt her niece and her friend. It would be better for her to hurt them rather than that man. She was sure that the young man wont hurt these kids but then again, it's the Bleak Street, strange things happen here. Anna flicked her wand and pointed it at Sybil as the young girl flew across the alley, bumping her back hard enough to make the lamp post a little bit dent. And flicked her wand to Calvin and saw him flew to the bench across. She dared not to hurt the boy too much, he wasn't his nephew after all. "That's enough for today" she glared at Sybil then to Calvin. "Go" she commanded Aubrielle. She secretly saved Aubrielle's life.

The sound of that kid crying was driving Sybil insane that she decided to give her a little kick on her hips, making her roll a little bit. "Shut up will you" Sybil had gotten into many injuries and never had she ever cried, not even once. So all these pleading, whining was useless. She glared at the girl and listened to what Calvin had to say, her eyes followed every movement of Calvin's. She liked the fact that Calvin too shared the same objective as Sybil. Then the girl started shouting for help, attracting attention to the group. "For the love of Merlin, Grimm. Shut you f* mouth!" the young girl said a little bit louder with her flat tone. Great, a man came with a hand on his pocket, she assumed he was reaching for his wand. "Mind your own business" she shot her eyes to the man and watch every inch of his movement. Sybil was completely irritated with how Aubrielle hyperbolic whining, look what she had done. Adults started coming! Great. Without any warning, Sybil suddenly was thrown across the alley and hit the lamp post. It hurt her that she couldn't move. The eleven years old tried to pick herself up slowly and searched her attacker. A familiar voice was heard, she was no other than aunt Annabelle the mother of Kerryn and Nicolette. Why was she defending Aubrielle? What was her problem? "Haven't you find us rather entertaining, aunt Anna?" she walked, limping toward her aunt.

Aubrielle started crying even more when Calvin took her by the arm, it hurt her so much. Sybil kicked her by the hips and she started to sob even louder. "Please, I've never done anything to you. Just let me go!" a man came just in time, her eyes started to sparkle and she saw a hope of an escape. "Please sir, please spare my life" she ran toward the man and fell on his foot, begging, holding him by his robes. "Please don't let them take me away" she knew that this man was capable of stopping Calvin and Sybil with a swish of his wand. She was so scared that she held on the man's robe so tight that she began to hear it rip a little. She didn't realize what she had unintentionally do. Just then another help came, a woman in a black robe came and attacked these two monsters. When she ordered her to go, Aubrielle couldn't move for she was too scared to do anything. She then took the man by the arms and held tight on him, she knew that she could trust him and she hoped for him to protect her by all means.

</COLOR>
<COLOR color="black">What Hakon had said to the kids was really just a harmless threat, he definitely wasn't the type of person to literally use his wand on children so when another woman came and cast on the two troublesome kids Hakon prevented himself from doing the same to the woman. She was talking to them in a way which told the twenty one year old she was related to them. It was truly a relief to the young man; he didn't think he'd be able to deal with them for much longer, his patience was running thin with them. It was no surprise that the poor girl came to him and didn't want to leave by herself. He sighed. Bending down, Hakon looked at the child in the eye. He was feeling sorry for her. "​
No one is going to hurt you now, child. You can come with me, I'll take you somewhere safe. Where's your mother?" Then assuming the woman would take care of the others, he helped the girl to stand up. "What's your name? Are you hurt?" He was ready to cast a healing spell on her if she needed it. His first reason of being in Bleak Street in the first place was long lost on him. All of this childish play was giving him a headache.
<i>
</i>

Calvin did not expect for someone to dare harm him, and when the blow hit, he saw who it had been. Annabelle Howard, Sybil's aunt. He glowered at her, even though on the inside he felt pleased and a little embarrassed that it had come to this, in public. The eleven year old rolled his eyes at Aubrielle's action when she pleaded in front of the lousy man. Clearly she hadn't learned her lesson yet. He'd make sure she did at school though, next year. Calvin followed Sybil, clutching his left side and not saying another word. His mood was ruined. He didn't feel remotely sorry for the pathetic girl and he didn't see anything wrong with what he and Sybil had done. "Hello Annabelle," he bowed slightly as he greeted her, wanting to impress her. He hoped she was proud of them. Calvin was ready to move on with his day because clearly, he couldn't do anything else to make Aubrielle feel worthless. He was actually getting bored of her anyway, she never fought back so it was useless.

Annabelle watched Aubrielle in disgust as she saw how much of a baby Maybelle had turned the little girl into. None of Anna's kids would act in such a way, it would be such a disgrace to the family. They were all strong individuals unlike this little child. Annabelle turned her attention to Sybil and Calvin instead and decided to ignore her secret niece. "I have no interest in watching a child's play" she said arrogantly, looking down to these two kids with no expression at all. She then glared at Calvin whose fate was somewhat similar to Annabelle. They both had lived in an orphanage with people treating them with no love at all. She somewhat sympathized the boy, she knew how hard it would be to grow up without being treated with love. "I expect you children to cause no more mess, do you understand?" Anna knew how Devlin and Chyou raised their kids, they were such trouble makers. It would be fine if they caused troubles when they were irritated, this family actually enjoyed troubles. "One more trouble and this wand will take you to St Mungos" the woman said before leaving for her meeting in Poison Atter. She wasn't going to report this incident to Chyou, she didn't want that woman to be proud of such a stupid, foolish thing her daughter had just done.

It didn't matter to Sybil whatever Annabelle wanted to call what she and Calvin had just done; a child's play, trouble, incident. What mattered was that she had just shown that pathetic little Aubrielle who she was in the food chain of the jungle, and how she didn't deserve to live. Sybil knew for sure that her aunt would be somewhat proud of her for showing the little girl what Sybil was capable of. She watched her aunt's eye looking at the blond haired girl with disgust, her heart pounded with satisfaction to know that aunt Anna too disliked that little girl. "I do not make promises that I can't keep" she was actually trying to show her aunt a little bit of respect. She wasn't afraid to end up in St Mungos or even to die, she had injured herself so many times that was close to death. She actually wished to die, maybe one day that thought of hers would be fulfilled faster than it was supposed to happen. The eleven years old saw her aunt left and turned her head to Calvin. "I do not wish to spend even a span of my life listening to this filthy pest crying for help" little Juno had never cried like a normal baby even though she was only 5. "And I do not have any preference of our next destination. Choose where we shall go, Calvin" her eyes were wide open and they were cold, as cold as ice. "I'll see you in school" young Sybil hissed at Aubrielle before leaving.

Aubrielle finally let go of the man as he kneel down so that their height was closer. "I... I'm Aubrielle Grimm, the daughter of Zephir and Maybelle Grimm" her voice was shaking, showing the man how scared she was of the current situation. "My mom and I... W-were shopping i-in Brightston v-village, and I must've took a wrong turn to end up here" she wiped her tears and finally calmed down. Before she finished crying, Sybil hissed at her and she panicked. She didn't realize that they would be in the same school, she had never been this scared before. She looked at the man and pleaded him to take her away from this awful face with her eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back